Milky Wheels???

Marc Lublin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 with pretty low miles and they have been turning milky for quite some time. I don't really know when it started or if they are getting worse. I always just thought that was the way they were supposed to look. Once I saw a post on here and checked out another viper, I understood what always bothered me. I have ONLY used a soaking wet terry cloth towel with no cleaner. I rarely ever let them get that dirty. I have used Zaino on 1/2 of one wheel to see if it really made a difference with respect to the amount of dust sticking to it (it didn't). There is no doubt in my mind that there is an inherent problem with finish. Too many people can't be doing the same thing wrong (using different techniques) to get these milky wheels.
I thought DC reads these posts?
Step Up!
How many wheels would you actually have to replace? Can't be that many.

OP
OP
R

rgifford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This thread needs to stay at the top. Post if you are having the same problem.

I can not believe that that DC has not addressed this, I think it is rediculous that a 70k car does not have wheels that stand the test of time(less than a year) before they start to look sub-par.

MilkyMad

Robert

Snake Bitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by JonB - PartsRack:
GOT MILK ?
Brake dust from metallic pads is abrasive, and must be cleaned carefully. Calif Car Duster is best...then wash.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

How many owners with Milky Wheels are still running the stock pads or have run stock pads most of the time...I think JonB has hit it...Get EBC greens...

Has anyone tried Zaino Z5 on the clearcoated wheels? It removes fine scratches and swirl marks from clearcoated paint...perhaps it works on the clearcoated rims...?

snake dreams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know I don't own a Viper and that my knowledge of them is far exceeded by you guys, but I have polished wheels on my car and they occasionally get a milky coating, almost like calcium stains in a sink. I use Mother's Aluminum and Chrome polish on a 100% cotton terry towel, and wipe the rims down (sometimes you have to really scrub to remove the stains). After this you just wipe off the residue with another clean towel. It's non-abrasive and should do the job of taking the "milk" off your rims.