Mirrors that always need to be adjusted...

RobHook

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RUNNR...it's because your wife/girfriend or 16-year old son is driving it when you're not looking.
tongue.gif

--Rob

lleone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the same issue on a 2000 GTS. Once upon a time I had a 1995 Mitsu 3000 VR4 that did the same thing and I have often wondered if Dodge used the same mirror assembly from the Stealth/3000 line.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Wonder no more... the answer is YES! Dodge Stealth (Mitsu 3000) mirror!

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My mirrors don't drop, but I don't feel that I can adjust the right one far enough (doesn't want to turn inward enough to get the angle I want).

THEMASH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by slaughterj:
My mirrors don't drop, but I don't feel that I can adjust the right one far enough (doesn't want to turn inward enough to get the angle I want).

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have the same problem on my right side mirror

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem!!!
both mirrors have to be adjusted every time I take the car out!!!
it is a pain in the ba$$ but at least I know they are correct every time because I have to adjust the **** things every time!!!!

is there a "fix" in the works for this?
it would be nice if my handmade car didn't have the same mirrors
as a stealth. They could have upgraded the mirrors don't ya think?

Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Same thing for my 2001 GTS too! Have to adjust it every single time when i drive the car!!!

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's not just the Vipers...my '99 Prowler does the same thing! I wonder if it would be covered under warranty??...but would the replacements just do it too? Any of our DC dealer friends on this board have any thoughts on this subject? Thanks......

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I seem to remember from a past thread that this is a problem only with the power mirrors. My 97's mirrors stay put except through a wash.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a few people complain about it. Not once have we replaced a mirror. They do go out of adjustment. I think that having a mirror with non-factory paint is not worth the trouble of adjusting it once in a while. When I pull cars out of the shop, it's ten times easier with power because I can adjust them to help spot the curbs while backing in. Also guys have complained about the rt. side view. You can get a bit better view if you reposition the mirror assy. Just twist the mirror head in and loosen the two mounting screws, move the base either way and retighten the screws. Turn the base to the left, (counter clockwise motion), to get a better view of the road. It's seem to help a couple of guys. The only draw back is that the mirror base is now not parallel to the window moulding.dj

Tom Friend

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I started this converation back in February (I think), because it seemed that every time I took the Beast out for a drive, one of more of the mirrors were tilted outwards. Never down, never in, always out.

Finally solved the mystery when I saw my two-year old son tweaking the mirrors' outer edge. Now, when the mirror is tweaked, I just smile- it's my little guy keeping me company in his own way...