Mobil 1 sale @ Canadian Tire

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks, I'll be taking my new 2000ACR there (400mile trip) to get the Federal/RIV inspection done next week and I'll try to get a few jugs of Mobile. Usually I paid $45.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
5L Mobile 1 on sale for $47 at Canadian Tire in Williams Lake.

While checking the other Mobile 1 jugs I noticed that the $37 jugs were Synthetic BLENDS and not full synthetic now. If Mobil 1 had decided to sell "blends" now I think I'll be switching to Quaker State full synthetic instead. Although probably a group 3 oil, Mobile 1 has probably got "full synthetics" that are group 3 oils and not synthetic too. The reason I bought Mobile 1 was because they didn't have natural oils, only man-made synthetics. No longer. To me that means that Mobile 1 is now just another Esso/Exxon and since they don't state whether it's a group 3, a 1% or a 99% BLEND you are supposed to buy re-refined (triple) oils for the same price as man made? I'll buy the cheap full synthetic Quaker State from now on.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
nothing wrong with 5-30w. New Vipers run 0-20w.

If your engine is tight the 0- w is slightly higher hp and better gas mileage. Developed for emissions controls. Older, high mileage engines work better with heavier weight oils because of their larger internal engine clearances.

VCA oil expert (Tom? - I forget) said that Rotella is a much better oil because it has high preformance addittives for diesels. If you search the forums I'm sure you can find some expert threads.

Ted