Mod bug is biting again, what to do next..?

bwhitmore

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe it is just being stuck indoors with the winter weather, but again I am getting the itch to modify the Viper.

I am satisfied with the aesthetic of the car, the HRE's, Eibach's, and brake package complete the look for me but I want to do some more hp mods.

So far I just have the smooth tubes and filters, and a B&B cat back, and I plan to install a set of high flow cats in the next couple of weeks to complete the first round of mods. (Although more to save the silver on my rockers from the heat than anything.)

I always thought I would hold out for a Roe Racing S/C with the 5lb pulley, but I am hard pressed to justify spending that kind of cash anytime soon with other responsibilities right now. So I am thinking about going with a set of roller rockers, headers, and maybe the VEC2 for about half the cost.

I have yet to have the car dynoed, but I would like to know what guys with forged piston cars are getting both stock and modified with similar stuff. I would like to get the car up near 480-500 rwhp but I am afraid the only way I can do that would be with some more serious modifications... What do you think?

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well I think the 3 examples you gave Vec,headers androckers are all great ideas, I have the B&B cat back (gotta love that sound) with the hf cats, the vec 2 I got a nice gain from and then when I had it tuned on a dyno got even more so I would have to say the vec was my best bang for the buck so far.

I did get a great gain from he jesel 1.7 rockers as well however not as much as the vec 2.

As far as headers I just bought them last week (or my dad did for xmas for me) and have yet to have them installed.

HOWEVER if im reading your post correct you plan on doing all 3 headers,vec and rockers (which you will need pushrods for)

so your looking at a grand total of about $4,400 plus shipping plus install (unless you do them your self) so for a little less then that and a better gain I would call Sean Roe and get a set of heads $2650 and call DC and get a cam $800.

if I had the money all at once thats what I would have done.

Good luck

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
How about prepaying for 4 or 5 ViperDays events and improving the driver? My guess is after a few track events, you might want to rethink your mods and you can find out what the car truly needs.....

The West Coast Viper Days events are right around the corner.....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960