MOPAR Performance ECU - What was it intended for?

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The MOPAR Performance ECU is useful for a number of things for which it was not really intended. What was it primarily designed to do, does anyone know?

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Very similar to a basic SCT flash. Slight fuel/timing changes, skip shift delete, and emissions monitors turned off.

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just did mine in my 08 makes a huge difference in throttle response (that I think was fixed in later years).

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very similar to a basic SCT flash. Slight fuel/timing changes, skip shift delete, and emissions monitors turned off.

Thanks. I've always wondered about that. I've been aware of the last part but didn't know about the fuel/timing changes. Mine doesn't seem to run very well with it in.....but that's probably because the ECU "tune" is for a stock motor and mine is a heads/cam car that likely has different needs.

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks. I've always wondered about that. I've been aware of the last part but didn't know about the fuel/timing changes. Mine doesn't seem to run very well with it in.....but that's probably because the ECU "tune" is for a stock motor and mine is a heads/cam car that likely has different needs.

Correct.

In all honesty, there is basically zero point to running a Moper Performance ECU these days with SCT and HP Tuners available.

Also, some of the MPP ECUs end up in other years they were not intended for, and the result is often running slower processor hardware in a car that could technically be running the newer version ECU on SCT.

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct.

In all honesty, there is basically zero point to running a Moper Performance ECU these days with SCT and HP Tuners available.

Also, some of the MPP ECUs end up in other years they were not intended for, and the result is often running slower processor hardware in a car that could technically be running the newer version ECU on SCT.

Agreed, I only use it once a year ;-)

OP
OP
D

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I didn't know that.....now I do and If the MP ECU ever quits working the SCT Is my next purchase.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang