More insurance issues

Bob K

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have several cars, many of which I don't drive over the winter. I have been with Chubb for the past few years and they have always allowed me to put these cars on comprehensive only during the winter at a much reduced premium. I was just informed that they will no longer provide that and that all of my cars must be on full coverage continuously. I know they have many other customers that will be negatively affected by this change but they don't seem to care, even though they risk losing us. My agent is now shopping for new insurance.

For those of you with multiple cars: What companies are you using and do they provide comprehensive only on specialty or collector cars. I know that people with huge collections don't maintain full coverage on them all. I'm frustrated!

Bob K

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have all my cars with State Farm. During the winter months they have my GTS on comprehensive only at NO CHARGE.

You are getting the shaft.

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have Allstate and I can turn on and off my coverage at will. You just have to do it one way or the other in 30 day increments. When the insurance is off, my homeowners covers the car in the garage.

Whoaa GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got 2 Vipers with State Farm. Insurance pulled for the winter at no cost on RT and $16 on the GTS.

Look around and remember, "like a good neighbor, State Farm is there!" :rolleyes:

hatda02GTS01

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm with Erie and would not go with anyone else. If you're with them long enough you get switched over to Erie Exchange (5 years I think)....no other company can come within 300 of my yearly rate. They also drop for three months like you mentioned. It saves me a couple hundred at least. I carry full coverage on my Viper and it is about 650 a year with the 9 month plan.

Dave

Ratech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You may want to check if your company covers damage to you car in the case of a fire in your garage. On my policy the damage to the car is not covered under the home owners policy. Just a thought.