More on '08 Viper

riwracer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:dunno:
The earlier posts of the trouble some are having with the new '08 Vipers has been on my mind. I have a black with red stripe convert that was built February 14th. The car still hasn't been released for shipping. When I was at the dealer, he had a venom red coupe for almost a month. When I did not see it there, I thought it was sold, but apparantly not.
The car had a missing gasket from the fuel system, and was trucked all the way back to Detroit from Florida.....Apparantly, it needed more than a small fix....at least 30 days expected.
I believe this problem is more than a random problem with one 08, and may be a larger problem. Needless to say, my 03 is perfect and I am getting concerned about giving it up.
Any more info on the 08 problem????
RIWRACER

FLL-B/W-GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my 2008 Coupe for 2 weeks now and it runs perfect.I have not found one thing wrong with it.I also have a extended service plan (7 yrs).Their is no need to be concerned,if it breaks,Dodge will fix it.You will really,really like your 2008 Viper.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So riwracer has been stuck in I status for 7 weeks

just wondering but have any vipers been shipped in the last 3 weeks or so,,,,okay one of our wonderful dealers here just sent me a pm to assure me that vipers are still being shipped .. thanks... sorry for the insane moment

Last edited:

Brian GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heard news of a re-flash being performed on cars for the cam programming due to the power problem others mentioned on this board. Maybe thats why many (including mine) sit in "I" status... :dunno:

Luna C

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am at 550 miles and 2 weeks with no issues other than the weather not cooperating to drive more! I've driven it through a range of
rpm conditions and the car has responded with no issues. I
agree with FLL-B/ W-GTS. and went with the 7 year coverage as well.
Only a small sample of the total number which gives it a lousy "p" value.
Hope it helps.

mjf6175

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well as I have mentioned several times, my 08 Coupe is now entering its NINTH week in "I" status. I bet if you could determine the build dates of the Vipers sitting in "I" and the dates of build for the couple of Vipers that had problems (as posted in another thread) I think you would come up with an idea of what is exactly happening. It would appear a run of Vipers built during a specfic time period are experiencing a problem. Most that experienced this "problem" were probably found BEFORE leaving the plant and held there, but a couple may have slipped by undetected until they got out on the street with their owners. I can go on EBAY and see black coupes with the same options I ordered. I point this out since obviously black Vipers were built after Venom Red (my color) and you cannot say there is a parts shortage on the options I ordered since black (and other Vipers) have been built and shipped with these very same options. From the little info out there it would seem a computer/program problem is at the root. The "I" Vipers, and the couple out there having issues as mentioned in the other thread, maybe waiting for this "fix" or re-flash as mentioned above.

Last edited:

Nsane1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, this makes sense... They're in holding for some problem. I told the Dodge Care line that a few weeks ago... I'm a 200 VIN...

Well at least I got my loan reduced to 4.25, saves me a bit over the life of the loan...

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>I have had my 2008 Coupe for 2 weeks now and it runs perfect.I have not found one thing wrong with it.I also have a extended service plan (7 yrs).Their is no need to be concerned,if it breaks,Dodge will fix it.<<<

IF Dogde (Chryslerbus) is still around!

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yup, this makes sense... They're in holding for some problem. I told the Dodge Care line that a few weeks ago... I'm a 200 VIN...

Well at least I got my loan reduced to 4.25, saves me a bit over the life of the loan...

Is that a Chrysler Financial rate? It's pretty good. What's the length of the loan?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery