Most Annoying Things About Owning a Viper

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with most of the annoying things said above. But one of my most annoying things is the total lack of respect the magazine writers have for the Viper. Even though they always say how fast it is and how great it performs. Whenever they do any type of comparisons the Viper never shows up. I still haven't figured out why.

I'm guessing that 'cause it's in a class by itself and is hard to compare to. :confused:

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
ok i get this all the time it was cool at first cause of the attention but now please....back off!

1- everyone has a starring problem
2- people asking how much did it cost
3- how fast does it go
4- how fast you have been in it
5- all the worse drivers wanna race you and cut you off
6- crowds around it when parked having dinner at a restaurant
7- people leaning on it for a photo opp
8- everything automatically cost you more, repairs, hop ups and valet parking places
8- cops on your butt all the time waiting for you to make a wrong move
and im sure there is more that i can't think of right now.

i guess if you think about it though...life must be good being a Viper owner cause everyone is after you for something. :2tu:

I used to get the "are those speakers?",about the hood air releases.And then the famous"what kind of gas mileage does it get?"My response to that has always been"I dont know,never thought about it,but Im sure its not good".

For XMAS,my better half bought me a t'shirt.On the front is a Viper,and on the back it reads:
....Yes,its a Dodge
....185 MPH
....Around $70,000
....For aiming the headlights
------------------------------
....Any other questions!?

I thought it was cool.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok i get this all the time it was cool at first cause of the attention but now please....back off!

1- everyone has a starring problem
2- people asking how much did it cost
3- how fast does it go
4- how fast you have been in it
5- all the worse drivers wanna race you and cut you off
6- crowds around it when parked having dinner at a restaurant
7- people leaning on it for a photo opp
8- everything automatically cost you more, repairs, hop ups and valet parking places
8- cops on your butt all the time waiting for you to make a wrong move
and im sure there is more that i can't think of right now.

i guess if you think about it though...life must be good being a Viper owner cause everyone is after you for something. :2tu:

I used to get the "are those speakers?",about the hood air releases.And then the famous"what kind of gas mileage does it get?"My response to that has always been"I dont know,never thought about it,but Im sure its not good".

For XMAS,my better half bought me a t'shirt.On the front is a Viper,and on the back it reads:
....Yes,its a Dodge
....185 MPH
....Around $70,000
....For aiming the headlights
------------------------------
....Any other questions!?

I thought it was cool.

.....now if only the people that asked those questions could read...LOL

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most annoying thing is trying to get your wallet out of your rear pocket at the drive-thru. Also, when they water the boulevard medians and wet the street, and you get caught in it. :mad:

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Viper doesn't get much recognition in the magazines because Dodge doesn't do the behind the scenes work like the other brands do.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hisser - Maybe Dodge realizes they don't need to. The Viper speaks for itself. If you have to see commercials, or read magazines to "find out" what makes them so damn amazing, you "don't deserve" to drive one and will never truly understand their appeal.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...7- people leaning on it for a photo opp...

Thank God I have never seen that one. I think I would lose it if I came out of a store and saw someone leaning ON my car.

1) You can go to a store with a HUGE parking lot, find the last row of parked cars and you park FOUR rows back from the last car. Sure enough, when you come out there is guaranteed to be someone parked RIGHT next to you.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Francisco --

I'll just assume the "you" were talking about was the generic you, not personally directed at what I deserve.

The point I was trying to make is that the cars don't get enough exposure. Certainly drivers, owners and potential owners can appreciate the car when they get exposed to it, but even many who are excited about the car don't know where to find one or how to keep up on them. Dodge doesn't seem to care. I ran into a potential buyer at the Detroit Auto Show trying to find someone in the Dodge booth to show him a Viper or talk to him about buying one. I tried to hook him up, but the only Viper there was hung on a wall and no one seemed to care that he wanted to buy. I think he was so turned off by Dodge he was leaning toward buying a new Vette.

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Longest line at the auto show was TO SIT in a new SRT. C556was untouchable rotating, like it was as good as GT and Cobra. what a joke. 99% comments: $$
Everyone male and some female all want one... Dodge doesn't have to do sheet except make a coupe so all you GTS guys can blow load.

Most annoying....self inflicted damage while sideways/spinning past limit.

FranciscoR.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Francisco --

I'll just assume the "you" were talking about was the generic you, not personally directed at what I deserve.

The point I was trying to make is that the cars don't get enough exposure. Certainly drivers, owners and potential owners can appreciate the car when they get exposed to it, but even many who are excited about the car don't know where to find one or how to keep up on them. Dodge doesn't seem to care. I ran into a potential buyer at the Detroit Auto Show trying to find someone in the Dodge booth to show him a Viper or talk to him about buying one. I tried to hook him up, but the only Viper there was hung on a wall and no one seemed to care that he wanted to buy. I think he was so turned off by Dodge he was leaning toward buying a new Vette.

yes it was the generic "you". I know you love your car and would never speak of anby of the Viper owners on the board like that... :2tu:

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
...7- people leaning on it for a photo opp...

Thank God I have never seen that one. I think I would lose it if I came out of a store and saw someone leaning ON my car.

1) You can go to a store with a HUGE parking lot, find the last row of parked cars and you park FOUR rows back from the last car. Sure enough, when you come out there is guaranteed to be someone parked RIGHT next to you.

i always take up 2 spaces so there is no one parking next to me. i hope they dont get mad and that they understand.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone who takes up two parking spaces is just sending up a signal...."Hey, I'm special..So don't mess with my car, It's just too nice".
And all the low lifes will understand how special you are and they will leave your car alone.
Right.

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As long as the 2 spaces you are taking up are far from the front door and the lot is relatively empty I don't think most people would have a problem with a Viper takeing up 2 spots. Hell I wouldn't even have a problem if it took up 4. lol

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Taking up two spots in a Viper comes with the territory. if you dont, you WILL get whacked at some point. People DO NOT CARE what kind of car it is, they swing their doors open without thinking- and you better believe if they DO hit your car, they will be long gone when you get out. Hell, some might even do it on purpose.

Lets see: Odds of some d!ck damaging your car beause you took up two spots, and somebody not seeing him do it: SLIM

Odds of some idiot or old person whacking your door or running into the side of your car while parking: MUCH BETTER.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have taken up 2 spaces for years now and have never had anyone touch my cars! I had much more problem when I was in one space. Overall I dont think it really matters that much. There are way to many Azzholes out there that will hate anyone having something that they dont.

Wild Bill

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most annoying things......

No cruise control
No traction control
No cup holder
Rough ride

Oh wait a second-those are the things I love :D :D

Never mind

Bill

VIPER BAZ UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do the cops in the UK slap you over your hands with a billy stick when u are caught speeding?

It works on a points system usually 3 pionts at a time depending on speed 100+is a ban +fine...
40mph in a 30 would get you 3points and a $45 fine 4 sets of these and a ban and fine

JoeD

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Love ALL these annoying nuances :headbang: The car is more than I ever expected.
Only ONE thing sincerely bothers me...and ALOT. The cockpit instrument lighting reflects off the windshield during night driving, even when rheostat is very low. IMHO...I find this WAY TOO distracting and consider it a serious flaw. AM I SOLO on this one?!?!

OK guys tell me it ain't so and SLAM me!

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Most annoying things......

No cruise control
No traction control
No cup holder
Rough ride

Oh wait a second-those are the things I love :D :D

Never mind

Bill

Those are the very reasons I love my viper!!!!!!!!!
You da man Bill!!!! :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
People coming up and asking "What's that noise?" Answer "It's a super charger! Followed by "Can I see it".
Now, I have only been driving this car for 2 weeks (maybe 30 miles) and this has happened twice. And being the nice guy that I am, I open the hood. This turns out to be a small tech session because the next thing I know there are 5 people looking in and asking questions.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios:

The two spot issue is one that always has many different views. I used to do it but people usually think you are some cocky **** who thinks he is special. I still do it when I park a few spots away from the main parking section. I try not to do it where parking it limited. Anyway, are cars ARE special so they do deserve two spots OR MORE. LOL!

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Used to take up two spaces years and years ago (another car).

Got keyed. Fixed that.

Kept doing it.

Got SCREWDRIVERED.

Fixed that.

Stopped double parking...never had a problem after that.

It's luck of the draw - I happened to rub two people wrong when I was doing it I guess.

SRT 10 2004

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simple, if you dont take two spots you WILL get door -dinged by some jealous a -hole or some kids or some dummy, and if you do take two spots you MIGHT get keyed or worse. I take two spots or park far away and walk.

JDR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It rained 4 INCHES here yesterday (Santa Rosa, CA). The CITY streets were flooding... I had to drive through 8"-10" deep water to get to the business (it's next to a small creek). Thank God I have a "backup" car (4WD, 6,500lb Suburban). Being the Viper can't clear a 2x4 the hard way, I'm thinking it would have been a "floater" in that 8" of water...

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios:

The two spot issue is one that always has many different views. I used to do it but people usually think you are some cocky **** who thinks he is special. I still do it when I park a few spots away from the main parking section. I try not to do it where parking it limited. Anyway, are cars ARE special so they do deserve two spots OR MORE. LOL!

yeah..im a cocky ****. so what? i still need to spots....

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm with Nexus,
Park with cars on each side, someone might ding you.
Take up two spots, you are asking for real trouble. That just rubs some folks the wrong way.
If you ever take two spots in a crowded lot, you are begging for vandalism.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32