Moton mounting 101 for Gen4

Reaction score
Now there is a great looking and "cool" :2tu: way to mount your nifty new Moton canisters under the bulging hood of the Gen4 Viper. The canisters sit right under the first vent on each side of the hood before the heat of the engine gets to them.

Care must be taken when mounting though, position them with clearance from the radiator hose on the drivers side and the oil cooler and bracket on the passenger side. There is nothing structural compromised with this mounting location you are only drilling 2 small holes and there is easy access under the panel to reach with a locking nylon nut.

This location actually puts less stress on the hose that is routed to the shock past the cross brace also.

You must be registered for see images attach

trackpak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
would you switch to motons from the acr coil overs for track day activity?

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
would you switch to motons from the acr coil overs for track day activity?
\

The Mopar/KW coil overs were developed for the ACR and work great for that. You might be happy with the Motons also though and the ride would also be a bit better IMHO. For the track though I would probably stick with what was developed for the car unless you are going to go really ******** racing.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
As stated in an earlier edition of Viper magazine, switching tires from Cups to Hoosiers causes the car to loose some of it's handling transition's "sharpness". As usual, the guys at SRT are correct.

I've found that the OE shocks (that were designed around softer springs and PS Cups) don't work very well with stiffer springs and Hoosier R6 tires (which I'm now running), so I'm switching to Moton Motorsport shocks. I just can't adjust them "stiff" enough to control the new set up and the car is very bouncy. Not good on a road course.

DAn

Doubleup

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Looking at the hose routing on this picture it looks like you are routing the hose thru the shock brace top area of the shock bracket.? This would require disconnecting the hose from the canister. Are there any issues with doing this?

I know how to fill the nitrogen, but concerned about oil leaking out etc...

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It can be done without disconnecting the hoses:

ssnaked

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I converted to Motons, increased spring rates to 500F and 850R, added comp coupe sway bars and a set of Woodhouse engone mounts. The car handles perfectly with Hoosiers (VRLs) at the stiffest Moton setting. Also, I lowered the car about 1 1/2 inches. Archer racing also gave me a track set up. The downside is the street ride is brutal. But its great on track where I spend most of my time.
:)

OP
OP
mjorgensen Woodhouse
Reaction score
I converted to Motons, increased spring rates to 500F and 850R, added comp coupe sway bars and a set of Woodhouse engone mounts. The car handles perfectly with Hoosiers (VRLs) at the stiffest Moton setting. Also, I lowered the car about 1 1/2 inches. Archer racing also gave me a track set up. The downside is the street ride is brutal. But its great on track where I spend most of my time.
:)

The ride would be much better with the rebound and compression on 2-3 instead of full hard which is not really the best. The bars are probably the biggest cause for the harshness would you agree?

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once one has drilled the hole how God's name does one get access to under the panel ..? it looks sealed to me and i see no way to access under the panel....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang