Moving accelerator pedal for heal toe

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a hard time heal toeing because my accelerator pedal is down so low. Does anyone know how to adjust that higher?

Thanks,
Dan

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah Buddy, you need to get a longer appendage, it will give you more satisfaction.......heal and toeing that is!!:nana:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
please, you're killing me!

"heel", not "heal"

and for the others, its "brakes', not "breaks"

Actually hurts my brain.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find a small stiff tube (outside diameter of a straw, inside diameter to allow the cable to pass through.) Slice it so you can slide it over the cable. Place it on the cable behind the pedal; between the ball end and the arm that pulls on the cable. Put a tie wrap around it so it can't come off. A quarter inch tube will raise the pedal about 3/4" I think. It may sound hokey, but it's easy, you can make it exactly the height you want, it's cheap, and on mine, it's lasted 50K+ miles.

OP
OP
E

Early93Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Find a small stiff tube (outside diameter of a straw, inside diameter to allow the cable to pass through.) Slice it so you can slide it over the cable. Place it on the cable behind the pedal; between the ball end and the arm that pulls on the cable. Put a tie wrap around it so it can't come off. A quarter inch tube will raise the pedal about 3/4" I think. It may sound hokey, but it's easy, you can make it exactly the height you want, it's cheap, and on mine, it's lasted 50K+ miles.

Thanks Tom you have always been a big help! :drive:

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is an easier way. By adjusting the cable that comes from the accel. pedal to the adjuster assm. independantly of the brake and clutch cable you can move the pedal in relation to the brake. I haven't done this myself, but there was a post on this very subject awhile back. Probably pretty obvious once the knee bolster is off and you're looking at the adjuster.

Wait! Just noticed yours is a GenI, never mind.

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the grainy pictures. This makes sense once you see the assembly under the dash.

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ar Tee Ten