Moving to Miami

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the area! If you don't want to live that far south (Cutler Ridge, Homestead) try west of Ft. Lauderdale. Plantation acres or Parkland are nice choices.

matthyoo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You work at Knauss? I thought you had to be a Mennonite to work there, or have they started bringing in 'outsiders'? I do remember seeing a couple non-Mennonite girs working at the shake stand last year.

Then again, maybe I have the religion wrong. Are they German Baptists?

Haha, yea, I work at Knaus. They are German Baptists, and even though I'm not there is talk of who will run it when the owners pass since there is no one "in-line" and my name has actually come up a few times...kind of scary, thinking they will let me run that business!

And btw: The Shake-Stand has always had "normal" girls working there ;) That's where I met my ex :(

Robert Dyck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As someone mentioned, don't wait to buy ...property values are going up rapidly.

When I moved from Dade County to Broward County 4 years ago, the insurnace cost on all of my cars was reduced by 50%. Check the present insurance rates in both counties.

Our on season here is winter......we have 5-6 months of the most beautiful weather for driving. The summer has heat, humidity, and rain, but you can still drive. So you can enjoy your snake all year.

The Tower Shops in Broward County is one of the largest informal car shows in the country, and meets every Friday night. There are hundreds of cars and other vehicles there every Friday night. Also in Dade County, I think that there is a similar show that meets every Friday or Satruday at Fudruckers.

Lots of other car shows happening all of the time. Too many to go to. I think you would like it here.