Moving West - Selling my 06

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am headed to the Bay Area in late March and will be there for 12-18 months.

Selling my 06 Blue Roadster. Which is a bummer as I just put $10k+ in upgrades into it. Here is the skinny...
Ad is in the Classifieds: ViperClub Classifieds - Message - Powered by PhotoPost Classifieds

2006 Blue Vert - 3,900 miles
08 hood
Sidewinder ACR Wheels
Lowered 1" and aligned properly
MOPAR Nav and IPOD adapter
Lots of MGW Brushed Alum pieces
EBC brake pads
Corsa Track Exhaust
Under warranty through 9/2011

no stories, one owner. All service records and responsibly driven.

This is not THE car with apologies to Lee, but a close facsimile of such. Digital camera is in a box somewhere.

$55k. (410) 604 2040

Attachments

• 6_12_08_RCL_2008_Viper_w_Belanger_System_026.jpg
    6_12_08_RCL_2008_Viper_w_Belanger_System_026.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 201
Last edited by a moderator:

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice looking car. Jodi, you are always on the move my friend. Seems like you just got back. Good luck with the sale.

Solid Red 98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great driving weather in the Bay Area, sure you don't want to reconsider selling? Just watch out for the *** holes. Good luck in any case.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
This move wasn't planned. Just glad it is domestic this time... Wish I could take it the car with me but the new place won't accomodate all of my toys. Tough choices. This is definitely the best SRT I have owned and will miss this one. Maybe Lee will be ready to sell his ACR when I get back in 2011. :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Relatively RARE GTS-Blue 06 SRT10 too......I believe only 84 were built, and at least 1 of those is an organ donor. GOOD LUCK

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why not just bring it with you and store it in a rent-a-garage? There are a lot of people in the Bay Area (especially in SF) that have nice cars but don't have a garage, and there are options that aren't too expensive... If your company is paying for the moving expenses, you have one more reason to bring it with you :) You really can't beat the SF area for good, near year-round, Viper driving territory.

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree... Take it with you... Transport out west will run you what?? 1500-2000... Well worth the pleasure you'll get driving it, in the nice weather...

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a couple of cars / motorcyle etc. My time is going to be pretty booked with trips to asia-pac so I'll have little left to enjoy much of anything. Tis the economy...

Trust me, this is the hardest to swallow in parting with all of my Vipers as I'll take the biggest hit and just dumped a bunch of cash on tasteful mods. Ill timed but that is just the way it is.

Someone will enjoy it for sure.

Thanks all.

Reaction score
Good luck on a fast sale, its a beautiful car in a great color and you've taking real nice care of it.

Even in this economy, it should sell quick.

Someone is going to get an awesome deal on an awesome vert at a great price.

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Some actual pics of the car.

Wow, that is a good looking car.

Sorry to those who requested them a few days ago. Classified images being updated as well. Thanks for the comments and drive safe.

06_Blue_SRT.jpg

hood.jpg

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no lein on the title. why is that important?

I'd love to keep it but I am going to be in a highrise apartment building and traveling to asia on the regular. A garage space to rent for an extra car that I won't be driving is just silly. I'm already storing the boat etc for a year or more.

Somebody buy this car. It pains me to think it will just sit here.

Last edited:

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just ask because lately, i have seen some people selling their vipers and offering 'owner financing' on a portion of it (obviously with a decent down payment) ... just a thought. Maybe if you got $10-$20,000 down and payoff was no longer then 6-8 months ....??

like you said ... economy has gotten nasty, and we all know its gonna get way worse before it gets better ... people do what they have to do to sell stuff. you see this 'owner financing' more with houses now too

ulllose

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Not that i asked but,
If I was looking to buy its important for me to know if the car has a lein for a couple of reasons.....

1--there will be no screwing around at the bank,,,,,,then waiting on a title if the bank does not have it on-hand or sent right away.

2--It also tells me if the buyer is trying to look for pay-off, needs money, etc etc

and if you notice if a seller has no lein on a car they always mention "title in hand"
So it not just me:D

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Makes sense and I understand the logic. I wouldn't buy a car unless I could take the title with me at the time of delivery. Just good sound practice for anyone buying without paying dealer markup.

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't let a lein stop your from purchasing. This can be taken care of in advance. Most would only let title go "with cash in hand" anyway. Are there really that many that will walk around with 70K ? Bring a certified check its gotta clear anyway. ACH direct deposit funds is the only way for seller to walk away fully satisfied and buyer with title in hand.

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OR ....... if you decided to do the 'seller financing' thing, YOU could put a lein on the title with YOUR name as the lein holder .... that way you are covered somewhat and the person couldn't sell the car without paying it off first, and he couldn't get the lein off until its 100% paid as well.

The guy that has a shop next to mine did that with his corvette. He got like 20% down and figured out terms ... then he sold the car to a guy but put HIS OWN name on the title as the lein holder. makes sense i guess

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
any luck selling it? I was watching it on ebay, but i guess it didnt go high enough

OP
OP
R

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No takers. Lots of low-ballers for sure. Looks like she is going in storage and I'm not at all upset about it. In my opion the car is worth more than $50k.

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Attachments

• IMG_1830.jpg
    IMG_1830.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_1832.jpg
    IMG_1832.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1833.jpg
    IMG_1833.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_1885.jpg
    IMG_1885.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1941.jpg
    IMG_1941.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 4

VIPER08

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this is todays progress (march13) ... as you can see, it's gonna be 3 bays in front ..... 950 sq ft. total

Attachments

• IMG_1963.jpg
    IMG_1963.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_1966.jpg
    IMG_1966.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 4
Last edited: