Muffler options?

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I currently have Belanger headers and when I replaced an O2 sensor, the mufflers say Magnaflow on them. I love the way it sounds and I like having it loud. But after cruising around last night, the ringing in my ears is back and I'd prefer to be able to hear people when I turn 30 :)

Are there any other good options for mufflers? I imagine it's cheaper to buy a muffler and have it spliced in, than buy a new system.

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What did you say???? :rolaugh: Yeah, my ears started ringing recently and I wonder if it was the loud exhausts, music, or age catching up with me??? Seriously, why don't you put the OEM mufflers back on with the Belangers (you'll need to go step down from the 3" pipes but can be done) and that's my setup and it is not too loud and no drone either.

ILLSMOQ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Aero turbine 3030XL About the same size as the stock muffler but it's 3" in and out, it's round and the ends are tapered so It fits in the side sills. They sound close to the Magnaflows...but quieter.

OP
OP
S

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That's a good idea with the stock mufflers. I bought the car this way, so I don't have those mufflers. Anyone have some laying around? :)

I see these kinds on Summit:

# Glasspack
# Perforated stainless tube with packing
# Perforated tube
# Straight-through baffled
# Glass-wrap perforated tube
# Baffled and glass wrap
# Straight-through louvered core
# Chambered
# Sound attenuation rings
# Turbo-style
# Stainless steel mesh
# Ceramic packing

Is there a kind here that's known for being quieter and deeper?

Ills- That muffler does sound like what I'm looking for. Does anyone run these on vipers? I'd like to hear it.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte