My 99 GTS ACR with LPE 542 stroker is for sale.

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
99 GTS ACR with LPE 542

I am reluctantly offering for sale my 99 GTS ACR with the LPE 542 Stroker package (extensive intake and head porting, Oliver billet rods, Moldex Billet 4.250 stroke crank, JE forged pistons, 1.7 roller rockers, check LPE website for more engine package info). It's in near mint condition with only 8,172 original miles. This car was featured in the January 2001 Car and Driver Magazine Volume 46 No. 7 which will come with the car. Always garaged, never driven in rain, no accident history. A/C blows ice cold, interior still looks and feels new. The factory 5pt harnesses are still in the original plastic just like when the came from the factory. This car was previously owned by George Bryce of Star Racing. This car is truly a beast making 670 RWHP and 670 RWTQ, it has covered the 1/4 mile in 9.9x @ 142 on pump gas with slicks. The car has many upgrades besides the original LPE package (additional $38,000 at the time) including: Unitrax 1000hp half shafts, upgraded transmission, 3.33 gears, Centerforce clutch, Ceramic coated stainless steel 5 into 1 racing headers, Ceramic Hi-Flow Cats, additional head porting by George Bryce himself, upgraded aluminum radiator, HRE 3pc 6 spoke rims, custom billet gas cap, MGW shift knob, assorted MGW interior pieces, and an aftermarket stereo system. The car has line locks installed with the indicator light and activation switch cleanly mounted in the ashtray as well as a mini shiftlight on the column. It will not disappoint in any way. This engine combination makes power from idle all the way to redline. This car is 1 of 13 produced in this color combo. Stripes are factory, not vinyl. And is one of a kind. If you are looking for a GEN II car this is the one to own. Please contact me via email at [email protected] if interested or for any questions you may have. I will be more than happy to speak to anyone wanting more details about the car, just shoot me an email with your phone number and I will give you a call.

bushido

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Man if I didn't have my Viper. I would jump on this car. With that said, Somebody is going to get one of the baddest NA Viper. Good luck on the sale bro..

Red Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man if I didn't have my Viper. I would jump on this car. With that said, Somebody is going to get one of the baddest NA Viper. Good luck on the sale bro..

Same here. I'd even consider parting with my Roe car for this one (and that's saying something). :omg:

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok, the weirdest thing ever. I just had to turn down a guy that really wanted the car. Supposedly had cash and was ready to buy, but there was no way this guy would have survived the drive home. He was not a car guy in anyway, more of an impulse buyer I guess. After talking with him for 2 hours or so yesterday (at my house) he was looking at the car and asking all sorts of questions, I could tell he knew nothing and was setting himself up to either kill himself in the car or be the biggest problem buyer ever. So on that note I declined to sell him the car. I think the fastest thing he had ever been in was a stock C5 (he currently owns a Mazda Protege) and he was telling me how he couldn't handle it that well. I was like ***? So all in all my Sunday was wasted, but I may have saved a life...LOL that's got to count for something.

99VPRGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, the weirdest thing ever. I just had to turn down a guy that really wanted the car. Supposedly had cash and was ready to buy, but there was no way this guy would have survived the drive home. He was not a car guy in anyway, more of an impulse buyer I guess. After talking with him for 2 hours or so yesterday (at my house) he was looking at the car and asking all sorts of questions, I could tell he knew nothing and was setting himself up to either kill himself in the car or be the biggest problem buyer ever. So on that note I declined to sell him the car. I think the fastest thing he had ever been in was a stock C5 (he currently owns a Mazda Protege) and he was telling me how he couldn't handle it that well. I was like ***? So all in all my Sunday was wasted, but I may have saved a life...LOL that's got to count for something.

That was a very respectable thing you just did! I know a lot of people would have just given him a warning, sold the car, and not worry about it. I believe, at the very least, you saved him from getting injured and also saved the car from getting totalled. People just don't realize that these cars don't drive like normal sports cars...let alone one of if not the baddest N/A Viper on the planet. The right buyer will come along...and, with that price, it shouldn't take very long.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd take the cash and make him sgn and date the BOS. You're a good guy. Pos rep to you !

martyb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would have taken the money!! Nice gesture on your part, but whats to say he doesn't go buy a TT GTS or RT instead of your car? I would have gotten his signature on a sales contract, and warned him of the power level of your car, and possibly up his insurance policy.

As a side note, I would love to have your car.

OP
OP
L

LPDesRoche

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful and very bad A$$ car. I was curious is the car very streetable?

Thanks,
Ed Rist

Thanks, yes it's streetable. I'm sure the gas mileage is crappy, but it could drive where ever you wanted to go without issue. It just drives like a car with a cam. The tune is great so it really doesn't have any surging, heck with the 3.33's 6th is more usable than it was on my stock 98.

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very respectable thing to do in not selling the car...years ago I sold a highly mod'ed Corvette to a young man with all the advice, warning, pleading, and cajolling I could muster to try to convince him to take it easy and learn to drive the car...two weeks later he totalled the car and killed himself...35 years later it still haunts me...You will sell the car
but much better to be able to "live" with your decision...

Tusc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You wouldn't happen to have any videos of it on YouTube, would you? We spectators are curious as hell to hear what that 542 sounds like when the cork comes out.

V

Venomiss

Congratulations on the sale. Do you want it pulled off the classifieds?

jay01m

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Admirable, but you know you can't save people from themselves. He's probably still going to kill himself, just not going to kill himself with your car LOL! I say let Darwinism run it's course ;)

Red Shift

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this ad before, and it looks like a great car. Then, out of the blue, my buddy tells me about a LPE GTS he bought! Can't wait to see it :D

He's giving me a reason to fuel up and swap out the 5psi -> 10psi pulley.