My first Viper is for sale again - good price??

dwhitt

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My first Viper was a '95 red RT. Sold it years ago to free up funds to adopt my children from Russia. The purchaser is now taking delivery of an '03 Viper this Wed and is looking to sell. The car has 23,000 miles, new fluids and new tires. Car has also been repainted by local Dodge dealership that seemed to do a very nice job. Also has a relatively new top. Car has not been in an accident. The current owner just did not garage the car so paint deteriorated over time. May be able to get the car for $30,000.

Is that a great price, average price or bad price for a repainted '95 RT with this mileage?

Would appreciate thoughts.

Flyin Phil

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Repainting isn't a bad thing, but repainting because the car was stored outside is terrible. You may want to avoid telling anyone it was stored outside. Maybe I'm just uniformed, but this is the first Viper I ever heard of not being garaged year-round. :confused:

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the paintjob is good and interior is sound, $30k isn't bad. Curious to know how much the paint job cost? Someone who knew my car's previous owner said my car's was $7k.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>He should be tarred and feathered and NOT allowed to buy <<<

YES!

:crazy:

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can confirm. I had a high end body shop (who has painted snakes before) tell me that I was looking at $8,500 for A+ work. I asked if there was any other kind and he showed me pictures of poorly painted exotics that owners brought to him for repairs.

Keep in mind the car in question was Emerald Green. The painter told me it was the most expensive color to paint. Don't know why, but FYI.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960