My Slowly Improving Garage, Pics!

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So, you know how difficult it is to have a nice garage, when you have a family...bikes, lots of assorted "stuff", not a lot of space to put things.

I've been working on making the garage (was horrible when we bought the house) a decent place in general and am trying to spruce it up on the Viper side. Have now finished (finally) painting all the walls bright white and the inside of the garage doors (originally dark ugly brown). Though the wall next to the Viper is concrete, I have managed to put up some pictures and a banner...just the start. Though it doesn't look like much compared to some the garages of other members, it is a huge improvement over where it was originally....IT'S CLEAN!!! I will be adding more lighting and building a small workbench soon.

Have accidentally come across an SRT issued 8x10 or so photo of the #93, along with signatures of some of the race team drivers - Kuno, Dominik, Marc and Jon. While I'm hoping to meet them in person at Lime Rock, this will certainly be a nice addition to my wall!

You must be registered for see images attach

I couldn't find any pictures of the garage before I started, but this was last year when I re-did two of the walls. Door is now painted white with VCA Logo in the center and red frame.

Any suggestions are certainly welcome.

Thanks!

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Love the floor and have been thinking of doing something similar, but my issue is the my concrete floor is old and makes concrete dust. Can I apply linoleum paste to the floor in that condition and will it hold up without lifting?

I'm y trying, but the garage is very low n the priority list.
Thanks.

slysnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very nice! Love the floor and have been thinking of doing something similar, but my issue is the my concrete floor is old and makes concrete dust.
Race Deck flooring

jes4fun

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I installed my race deck floor almost 5 years ago. We have terrible winters in Grand Rapids with lots of slush and snow so as you can see by the picture care is at a minimum. As for moisture I haven't had any issues. I hose it down when it's dirty, mop it up with a little all purpose cleaner, rinse with the hose, let it dry.

3whitevipers

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I like what you have done--I used porcelain tile for my floors--been bullet proof for 5 yrs now--Dave

jdeft1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like. Your place makes mine look bad....but mine is also a machine shop. The old gen 1 takes up the corner and rests comfortably....

Cheers!!!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are pictures from before, pretty dark and dreary and just generally dirty...previous owner left it pretty messy:

Now, the after...though still have some to go:

And per BrianGTS, I am also concerned ... Race Deck is nice, but my floor doesn't drain well, like in winter when snow drips off my wife's car (other side). I feel that the water sits under the "floating" floor tiles and can create mold and mildew...is this correct?

Have painted once and didn't hold up, just peeled...which I think is from the concrete dust. Even though I cleaned and then prepped with their special stripper, the paint still didn't adhere well.

If the large 24"/18" black and white lenoleum tiles will stick and not get loose, that seems like the best solution. I could also put down ceramic tile, but always though wet would make the tiles loosen as the tile paste degrades when it gets wet.

Thoughts?

Thanks very much.

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jes4fun....do you take the Race Deck tiles out and wash them or are they permanently installed. How do you get the water under the tiles to dry?

2whitevipers....can you post a close up shot of the tiles you put down?

Thanks

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also, been hunting for posters...but as I'm finding, either they are not of the Gen I/II red RT or the ones I find are pretty expensive. While the garage is something I want to improve, it is very (VERY) low on the family priority list. I can do as long as I'm not spending much $$$.

Ideas?

Thanks!

OP
OP
V

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is the door from the house to the garage...nothing fancy, saw in one of the member's garages...door is painted white with VCA sticker, frame painted red:

It's all in the details.:)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4