My Viper Acr In Its New Home... Car Capsule.

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as many of you know, I got a new Viper a month ago... its home is our 1500 square foot unfinished basement (for now- spring project will be to finish it). With dust, and a toddler with push toys everyone, I figured I would get the car capsule (carcapsule.com) that is advertised in collector car magazines. Well I really like it... wasn't sure what I would think but it is pretty easy to zip up and seems to keep the dust off great. It has a continuous fan that keeps it inflated and circulates out the moisture. They claim it will withstand a 5 lb hammer dropped on it... (never tested it hehe). It is quite sturdy though and I don't doubt it. Kind of a pain to set up, but if anyone is like me and only drives their Viper once every 2 months or so, it is ideal to keep it clean and protected.

I already bought mine, but they said if there was a decent number (5 or more) that wanted to order them, that they would give a VCA discount. If anyone is interested let me know and I will give the name and ext. # for the rep that I used. I paid $350 with shipping but it would be cheaper with group discount (didn't say how much though).

Here it is after I pulled it on the capsule (right after the fan was plugged in... after 2 min it already started to inflate:)

You must be registered for see images attach

10 minutes later.. completely inflated!

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

mike007

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have had a car capsule for two years. It works great. Kids,spiders,cats,rats,etc. cannot touch it. I would advise putting on the factory car cover or equivilent before the capsule goes on because it WILL SCRATCH the clear coat. :nono: I know this first hand. Very good investment.:)

Limit

Viper Owner
Reaction score
that's sweet. How easily is it to take out and put back in?

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
not very difficult. i didn't know about the car cover being needed, i will start doing that to prevent scratches. did you get scratches from the zippers or the PVC too?

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is someone in Tennesee putting their car away for the winter in October?

handyman_321

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I bought one from my buddy when he bought a new house with a heated garage. They work great. The best $300 I have spent on the car...Next to track day lessons

cyaford

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why is someone in Tennesee putting their car away for the winter in October?

I didn't read he was putting the car away, but I could be wrong:

With dust, and a toddler with push toys everyone, I figured I would get the car capsule (carcapsule.com) that is advertised in collector car magazines.

I live in TN also and will most likely be ordering one. The dust that somehow makes it in the garage and cakes on to the car drives me crazy! :mad:

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should re-title this thread as Garage Queens Unite in Bubble Land!

Nice car, but I would have gotten the diecast version and set it on my desk. No bubble...
Now that is just too funny. :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: Get out and drive it whenever you can.

OP
OP
J

jpa99acr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my last ACR had 45000 miles on it when it was totaled.... many of us like to drive our cars, but don't enjoy having to clean them TWICE (once before garaging and then once before driving out on Friday afternoon)...

I think most would agree with that... if not, oh well, too bad ;)

SERPENT INDY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
my last ACR had 45000 miles on it when it was totaled.... many of us like to drive our cars, but don't enjoy having to clean them TWICE (once before garaging and then once before driving out on Friday afternoon)...

I think most would agree with that... if not, oh well, too bad ;)

...if I drive a different car everyday, it still takes me over 3 weeks to rotate back to the first one.....a bubble is the way to go for me...clean, protected

Edward 96GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have 2 car bubbles for sale. Good cond. The large size. Please make offer. Buyer pays shipping. Located in Monterey, Ca. Local pickup ok.
Thanks,
Ed

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does that thing prevent STDs?

Is there an option for "raised pleasure ribs?"

Is it available from vending machines in truck stop restrooms?