MY VIPER IS BEING SHIPPED ON 9/17/02 :)

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just called my dealer and they said that my viper is the first one they are getting. I have my VIN and est. ship date!!!

Now the wait starts...

ROB
supergrin.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Their pulling your leg!
bs[1].gif

Maybe a late 02?

Your name fits. 'Wiseasp"

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 09-12-2002 at 07:29 AM</font>

SRTRICK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This would be contrary to what we have heard about them stockpiling a bunch of the new cars & then shipping a big batch, but good luck. If true, that would mean that they have 50 state certification.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OK,

Here is the VIN. I am going to X out the last 6 numbers...

1B3JR65Z13VXXXXXX.

If anyone ordered from Oyster Point Dodge in VA ask Roger about my car. He is excited about it also. He said that he has 20 orders and mine is the ONLY one with a VIN and a est. ship date.
bounce.gif
bounce.gif

SOOOO I do not think they are pulling my leg.

BTW, BTR intakes are like 2 K&N filters.

***Viper Wizard your name doesn't fit. It looks like you are not much of a Viper Wizard...maybe your just a Viper Apprentice
laugh.gif
rofl.gif

ROB

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by wiseasp on 09-12-2002 at 05:43 PM</font>

Rich Carlson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger must be new at the dealer. When an order go into the system, it can sit there for weeks or months without a VIN. The next step is it will be issued a VIN but once again it can sit there for weeks until it is built. When it vehicle got that VIN, there is a estimated ship date which the dealer can check on. That date means NOTHING in this case. One - unless someone updates the system (the date) you can be misled on when the vehicle is going to be shipped. Second - even if the vehicle is built, it will sit in the inventory (waiting for a load to that part of the country) or this case, containment (going no where). No Vipers will be released until the middle of October at the very earliest due to certification. Third - your vehicle may get built, have a problem and put back into contaiment until it is taken care of. Then other vehicles orders from your dealer could be built and shipped before you see yours.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I seriously doubt your dealer has a ship date, as we don't have a single date listed and I have cars in I status. He is probably looking at the build date, and even if a date is listed Snakes are notorious for never leaving according to date. You can not read the Dodge computer printout and assume it will work like other DC vehicles ( be happy to explain why ). Keep in mind that there won't be any vehicles delivered until after VOI-7 and to get a better idea about when your car may be coming , find out the letter designation status.I would be happy to give you a guesstimate based on said.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill,

I just spoke with my dealer and he is faxing me the sheets. He ASSURES me that mine and one other for Herb Gordon Dodge is being shipped next week.

When I get the status I will let you know.

I will also send you the official VIN in a private email if you would like.

Thanks,
ROB

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
To put a proper spin on this issue, we need to address the letter ranking to get a better feel of the actual status. Your car is currently in G status, and it has yet to reach the longest phase of every one of our hand built beauties ( I status ). Once it reaches I status , it will go through 9 stages, and once approved it will go to J status ( hanging out in the warehouse). Eventually it will be singled out and put in KZ ( shipping )status and it will be at the Dealership, often, in 2-3 days. If your car is in G status, you have some time, and it will definitely not be shipped in 3 days. Perfect example, one of my customer's cars is in I status ---- his projected shipping date was 8/13/02. With a Viper ,we have all found out that projected dates are rarely correct. Hope this helps?!

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a faxed copy of the vehicle status report from my dealer and the web site he down loaded from was dealerconnect.

The status of my order is "G". The dealer said that the car is built and they are installing the trim.

The sheet also has an estimated ship date of 9/17/2002.

We will see...

ROB

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wiseasp
crying.gif

tongue.gif

Roger =
newbie[1].gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 09-15-2002 at 07:00 PM</font>

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif
laughing2[1].gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 1TONY1:
wiseasp, your 2001 ran [email protected] that just with the mods in your sig? Power adder? tnx

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sooooo, whats the answer on your mods?

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Verified again this morning, that NO Snakes will be in anybodies hands until after VOI-7, and at present we don't have any finished cars( waiting in the warehouse ), even though we have some in I status.

Sincerely,
Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bill is 100% correct! And Viper Wizard is even more correct than Bill!!

ROGER =
newbie[1].gif

Or Roger is a typical gutterbug car salesman....full of
bs[1].gif
- I hope he's just new.

Falsely getting the hopes up of a guy waiting on his new Snake really *****! You should've ordered from Bill or Jeremy at NW Dodge.

OP
OP
W

wiseasp

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First off,

Viper Wizard: You stated in a earlier post that "This dealer has NO VIN numbers" and that since I had mine it was BS. I told you that I had everything and you still did not believe me,
nono.gif
. Then you said it's a late 02. What the hell are you thinking. I hope I know the difference between a RT/10 and a SRT/10.
yesnod.gif

WISEASP
supergrin.gif

Roger:
confused.gif

Tony,
As I stated in a earlier post the BTR intake is like 2 K&N's and I ran that 1/4 with just those parts. No power adders either.

Anyway I look at it I will have one of the first snakes.
BURNOUT.gif

Now it is time to wait...

seeya.gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by wiseasp on 09-17-2002 at 05:59 PM</font>

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, the initial build order is supposed to be red, black, silver, 100 cars each after a certain number of already allocated cars for test or DC use. Jon B. or Steve F. jump in here if I've got this wrong, I just assumed if he has a really early car it must be red, let me take a guess Rob, is the vin between 50 and 210? I mean the last 3 digits? If it is you've got an early car, the Dodge Gods have smiled upon you! If your vin is not in that range my MD/VA VCA brother, I think you've got a dealer bs problem, call me or email me and let's talk and compare notes. But, regardless of the vin how do we reconcile all of Dodges statements regarding no customer cars delivered before VOI with your dealers delivery date?

91ZR1#661

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you guys need to step away from the keyboard
and take a deep breath!
Very funny to read though!
95yellovett(Z07)

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 95yellovett:
I think you guys need to step away from the keyboard
and take a deep breath!
Very funny to read though!
95yellovett(Z07)

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Supra
RX-7
Viper
C5
Boxster
BMW M Coupe/Roadster
BMW M3
BMW M5
Mercedes E55
CL55
Diablo
Murcielago
F40
F50
GT2
XKR
Mustang Cobra
LS1 Camaro
LS1 Firebird

You know what that list is? It's a (partial) list of all the cars that will wipe the floor with an LT-1 Vette. Don't sweat it... yeah, I know the SRT will be on the list too - but the list is already so long, does one more really matter?

Chill... let us have our fun.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Lee00blacksilverGTS:
Yes, the initial build order is supposed to be red, black, silver, 100 cars each after a certain number of already allocated cars for test or DC use. Jon B. or Steve F. jump in here if I've got this wrong, <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You've got it right. DC cut (28?) cars. Mixed colors.
Then 100-100-100 Red, Black.Silver. Then, 'as-ordered-entered.'
My Red SRT is built. It shows a ship date of 3 days ago.
I know it aint moving til Oct 11 or so.

My DEALER thinks is was shipped 9/16 because he thinks that's what his computer shows. Most Dealers have a hard time thinking outside the box.....but the "ordering system" that works for Neons and Durangos and Rams is flawed when applied to Vipers, as Bill P correctly stated...so a Viper-dabbler-dealer can get confused..

I know it aint going anywhere til about Oct 11 .... if the creek dont rise.....Yours either. Californians? Hmmmmmm.....

SRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wiseasp:
I just received a faxed copy of the vehicle status report from my dealer and the web site he down loaded from was dealerconnect.

The status of my order is "G". The dealer said that the car is built and they are installing the trim.

The sheet also has an estimated ship date of 9/17/2002.

We will see...

ROB
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Any news Rob.

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SRT10:
Any news Rob.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Your mouth is not moving wiseasp?
laugh.gif

And you thought I didn't know what I was talking about?
tongue.gif

No SRT/10's will be shipped before Nov. 11th! HA

Roger =
newbie[1].gif

<FONT COLOR="#ff0000" SIZE="1" FACE="Verdana, Arial">This message has been edited by Viper Wizard on 10-13-2002 at 01:11 PM</font>

King GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Roger =
newbie[1].gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or a GUTTERBUG in disguise.
supergrin.gif

MichaelP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Viper Wizard:
laugh.gif

tongue.gif

Roger =
newbie[1].gif

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

As usual the Wizard has the real info.
smile.gif

Hopefuly DC gets the emission problems taken care of with CA, Conn and the other couple of states or it could be AFTER Turkey day before they start shipping the SRTs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Drock187