Need Enclosed aluminum Trailor quick!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone have any recommendations on an enclosed trailor? (Aluminum) I am wanting to buy one by the end of the year. A used in excellent conditon already set-up would be ok as well.
thanks

cstegall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,

I've got a Sloan KwikLoad and am very,very happy with it. Dean Sloan is north of Dallas(Sherman,Texas) and can get you written up with one pretty fast. Great guy to deal with.

Clark

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello,

We use a Goldrush 37' aluminum trailer. Goldrush is considered the top of the line in aluminum enclosed trailers, and they typically have a build backlog of 6 months or more. You may want to try looking through the classified section of the National Dragster Magazine as it is the end of the season and many teams and individuals are selling their trailers for one reason or another.

A few tips to consider when shopping for an enclosed trailer;

1. Must have an interior dimension of 102"

2. At least 26' in length

3. At least 2 axles with electric brakes

4. Ramp extension is a must for loading a Viper

5. Generators located inside the trailer can leave a gasoline smell that is bothersome to some folks.

6. 110 Volt lighting and recepticals are a must

7. An aluminum floor will keep the vehicle more secure from sliding than a diamond plate or linolium covered floor.

8. I prefer "D" ring door latches and recessed "D" ring tie down points in the floor for Vipers and other low clearance vehicles

9. A good quality electric winch is never a bad upgrade.

10. Buy a trailer that is longer than you THINK you need. It is easy to add cabinets or storage. It is difficult to find these spaces if your trailer is too small.

Hope this helps,

Tom

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 24 foot goldrush & I LOVE it. I got it from a drag race guy, It has dropped axels that a lot of the dragster guys want & makes for a nice low COG for sway free towing. Also makes for a lower frontal area without sacrificing head room.A winch is a must!How did I live without it all these years.

Henry Cone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
David,
You should try contacting Golden Gait Trailer in Charlotte, NC. They have been the larget Featherlite car trailer dealer in the US for most of the past recent years. We have been dealing with them for some time and they are one of the few places that we can recommend without reservation. We currently have a 48' enclosed Featherlite trailer that we use to haul our 2 Vipers. Several of our local club members have also bought trailers from
Golden Gait and are happy with them.
They usually have a large selection of trailers in stock and more on the way from Featherlite at any time. They are also a very large Pace dealer if Featherlite is not your cup of tea. They can also do any customization that you might want in their own shops - this helps in getting exactly what you want as quickly as possible.
They can be reached at 800-895-3276. Their web site is http://www.goldengait.com/

Tell them Janni and Henry sent you their way....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang