Need help. Picking up a GTS

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I might fly out tomorrow or Tuesday to pick up a 02 GTS in Jacksonville, FL. I plan on driving her back to Atlanta which is a 5 hur drive. I do not know when it had its last oil change so wish to do so before I leave Fl. Does any members near jacksonvile know where I can get a quic oil change. Any advise cause I might try to find a oil filter here before I leave so I can take it to a quick lube place, if that is my only option. What weight oil? Thanks in advance.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First, ask the owner when he last did the oil change. If he doesn't know(he should though), just check to see if the oil is full and once you get it home, change it yourself. I would recommend using Mobile 1 0-40W European formula.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
well the problem is it is from a small dealer. I won't ask cause I know they will say "oh yeah, it was changed tomorrow!" I would still like to change it. I will try to call the local dodge dealer there and see if they can squeeze me in.

OP
OP
P

pingi3

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Roe Racing is in Jax. Try giving Sean a call.

Oh wow. I hope he can squeeze me in. In matter of fact when I get back sometime this week, I am taking the GTS to Tony Armour to get the Roe supercharger installed. Thanks for the info.:2tu:

Chopper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check the oil level. If it needs any, then add. That trip home isn't going to hurt anything.Then get it done nearby.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
a 2002 bumble bee GTS. purchased it online and a little nervous.

Nerves aside, you're going to love that color combo. I owned one for about 4 years from when it was new, and it drew many many compliments:2tu: Plus it's 1 0f 37 made that year so it is kind of rare to boot!