Never Going to a gas station thats not self serve again

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sunday night it's finally not raining here in the pacific nw and my buddy and I went out for a cruise, well the Viper needed gas so I pull in a gas station where only they can pump it for you, and today I look on the side of my car and theres gas everywhere, I was so ********** I went back to the gas station looking for my gas cap and no luck, Saturday I spent all day polishing it and it looked awsome. I got it back to new now and found another gas cap, but I tell you I am not ever going to gas station where they pump it for you. anyway just thought I would share my first b/s story since I bought the car, other than that I had a ball.

twinturbo3150

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what an idiot, the gas attendant that is. I used to live in Oregon. Know how you feel

Reaction score
Always fuel your car BEFORE you go into Oregon!!! There may still be a few Viper-friendly stations near PIR....but other than that...hit Oregon with a full tank. :) Luckily it "buffed right out". :)

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In over 55,000 miles no one has ever filled my car but me--even the few times I inadvertently pulled into a full service island.

Steve

V10 ICBM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I always fill my own, even at full serve - I just ask and they say OK - "Guys, I 'd love to let you fill her, but allow me, its one the pleasures I enjoy"
Kind of like feeding the beast.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I live in NJ and always remove and put my gas cap back myself. Of course, it's one of those number coded gas caps to prevent kids from fooling around. But you don't have to cross an international border to fill gas unless you want it cheaper. :D

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In Oregon, it is illegal for the stations to allow you to pump your own gas. The best you can do is get out and oversee what they are doing. I try to use the same gas station whenever possible as I already have them pretty well trained. If it is a new station, I get out and ensure they don't ram the handle into the side of the GTS and put the gas cap back on.

OP
OP
K

Konstantin82

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken thats good advice, next time I will keep an eye on those guys, I guess I cooled off now that I bought another gas cap and it's Tuesday. Thanks guys for suggestions.

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had my first major "accident" about 3 weeks ago. I kept going to the same station, because they did a good job of being nice to the car. then the smuck dumps about 1/2 gallon of gas down the side of my car.

He then proceeds to grab some towels and started wiping on the car. I started screaming "STOP!!!" Luckily I had some water to rinse it down with and a good cloth.

I haven't been back to that station since. I wish I could pump my own gas here in Oregon...

KHitman

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You got that right!!! Now I ask them to dump the nozzle down to make sure there isn't any gas in it before they put it in my car.

Makes me feel a little like some cocky a**, but I don't have a choice now...

WICKDXS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Whats the reason for laws not allowing you to fill up your own car?
The voters in Oregon have rejected several times in the last 10 years self fueling, mostly B/C of the station owners lobby scaring all the little old ladies into thinking they will blow themselves up. Makes no sense to me so I NEVER fill up there, will drive over the I-5 bridge even from PIR to fill up.

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The voters in Oregon have rejected several times in the last 10 years self fueling, mostly B/C of the station owners lobby scaring all the little old ladies into thinking they will blow themselves up. Makes no sense to me so I NEVER fill up there, will drive over the I-5 bridge even from PIR to fill up.
Can you WA guys get anything higher than 92 Octane up in Vancouver?

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bloody stinking liberals I say. "Here let me do that for you." "I will help you." "We are all in this together." Bah! All I want is some bloody stinking gas with no hassels. I don't need your help. I don't want your help. Just go away. Leave me alone!

Ahhh, I feel so much better now. bye bye

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32