New ACR first impressions?

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We have a customer with his black ACR picked up at CAAP, only 75 miles on it.
He had it dynoed for a baseline at 638 HP at the crank.
He has had several Vipers, incldung a 600HP GTS, and he is IN LOVE with the ACR.
Has even lighter-weight track wheels ordered and more....

Last edited:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow we need pics...

We have a customer with his black ACR picked up at CAAP, only 75 miles on it.
He had it dynoed for a baseline at 638HP.
He has had several Vipers, incldung a 600HP GTS, and he is IN LOVE with the ACR.
Has even lighter-weight track wheels ordered and more....

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Jon,

Did he go with 18 inch wheels? Which ones?

Which tires?

I have not doubt that the new engine will do this, but how did he arrive at 638 HP at the flywheel?

Dan

Affatica

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh man. That ACR is going to be a monster! I really can't wait to see some track times these cars are putting out.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Oh man. That ACR is going to be a monster! I really can't wait to see some track times these cars are putting out.

A pretty-much STOCK 08 ACR starts out on ONE LAP tomorrow, doing lots of 3-lap track events around the USA. I think the tuner sponsor is a DECAL sponsor and not any real mods on the car yet, but I might be wrong.... ACR is using PS2, not Sport Cups however.

Driver Chris Winkler is a 1-lap vet, is a good shoe, and usually has a great co-driver who committed elsewhere this year. (Challenger SRT8!) I dont know who his partner is this year

Watch the ONE LAP results on TireRack and see how it does.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I am sure that is based on some rule of thumb translation of RWHP. Don't take that to the bank, it may be reduced in value just like the Dollar.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A pretty-much STOCK 08 ACR starts out on ONE LAP tomorrow, doing lots of 3-lap track events around the USA. I think the tuner sponsor is a DECAL sponsor and not any real mods on the car yet, but I might be wrong.... ACR is using PS2, not Sport Cups however.

Driver Chris Winkler is a 1-lap vet, is a good shoe, and usually has a great co-driver who committed elsewhere this year. (Challenger SRT8!) I dont know who his partner is this year

Watch the ONE LAP results on TireRack and see how it does.
That Houston tuner will surely put a set of his custom built pipes on the organ, if nothing else. Don't the cars have to do the track events and go 5000 miles or somethng on one set of tires? That rules out Sport Cups. PS2's are the way to go. Should be interesting.

Jon, what tracks does your customer frequent? Any reports of lap times?

Why aren't more of the ACR's getting delivered? I have seem pics of multiple vehicles at dealer down south. There must be more in customer hands by now. :confused:

rcl4668

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That Houston tuner will surely put a set of his custom built pipes on the organ, if nothing else. Don't the cars have to do the track events and go 5000 miles or somethng on one set of tires? That rules out Sport Cups. PS2's are the way to go. Should be interesting.

Jon, what tracks does your customer frequent? Any reports of lap times?

Why aren't more of the ACR's getting delivered? I have seem pics of multiple vehicles at dealer down south. There must be more in customer hands by now. :confused:

I think the One Lap tire rules exclude the Sport Cups or any other DOT-legal competition tire.

/Rich

xlr8ion

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There are no ACR delivered down south or anywhere except certain cases.No real customers have recieved a car.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.........Jon, what tracks does your customer frequent? Any reports of lap times?.........Why aren't more of the ACR's getting delivered? I have seem pics of multiple vehicles at dealer down south. There must be more in customer hands by now.

With his car he does midwest tracks, but has NOT turned a track lap in his new ACR as yet. Currently he is also on One Lap, but not in a Viper.

ACRs are an OPTION code in normal Viper production. Only about about 2 per day are being sequenced among the MAJORITY of Viper orders which do NOT have the ACR Option. And now, some Aero-Option cars are beginning to move (ARL code?).

There have also been a couple brief supplier hiccups on parts like hood grills, and hatch-back deck lids for coupes. Dont Panic! But the contracted July Shutdown for 2 weeks will make only matters seem slower........

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be nice to see the ACR in the one lap it just ***** that the Texas tuner was put ahead of everyone else just so he can advertise.There are a lot of customers that should have gottten there cars first.He should have been dead last.

Flyntgr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Assuming a 12% loss from the crank to the rear wheels, 638 hp at the crank might be about 560 hp at the rear wheels. That ain't too shabby. I'm wondering how he dynoes "at the crank" unless he pulled the engine to dyno the car. All the dynoes I've used have been hooked up with the rear tires spinning and turning the rollers.

OP
OP
B

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will be nice to see the ACR in the one lap it just ***** that the Texas tuner was put ahead of everyone else just so he can advertise.There are a lot of customers that should have gottten there cars first.He should have been dead last.
It seems unfair, but at the same time, if someone is willing to put up serious cash to basically advertise the car, that is good for everyone involved. I would rather someone put it on the grid at One Lap than some guy park it in his Estate garage and polish it. Just my 2c. A lot of people will get to see the cars. I am hoping the Mid-West owned ACR shows up at Mid-Ohio or Putnam soon. :headbang:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang