New Corsa exhaust installed.

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In case you were thinking of getting one. I just had the cat back only Corsa exhaust installed on my new 2009 coupe. The best price is 1300.00 plus shipping and the install/labor was only 500.00. It looks awesome tips wise but its not very loud as I really wanted. More aggressive than stock though and a nice burble when off the gas. :headbang:

G

Gotvenom 08

Have the same cat back.
Mine seems louder on cold start up, then gets progressively quieter as it warms.Love that popping when letting off gas:)

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It looks awesome tips wise but its not very loud as I really wanted. More aggressive than stock though and a nice burble when off the gas. :headbang:

I couldn't justify $1300 for basically exhaust tips. The 08 Corsa's don't increase sound like the 06 cars because there isn't a crossover. Straight pipes instead of muffler's probably would have been better, but amazing Corsa's dont done.

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go with high flow cats and you will get the sound you are looking for.

In case you were thinking of getting one. I just had the cat back only Corsa exhaust installed on my new 2009 coupe. The best price is 1300.00 plus shipping and the install/labor was only 500.00. It looks awesome tips wise but its not very loud as I really wanted. More aggressive than stock though and a nice burble when off the gas. :headbang:

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys here is a video of my 04 with Corsa Track and Roe High Flo Cats.

[media]http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/tjnader/?action=view&current=DSCF1729.flv[/media]

Tim no way 40HP is "little". It is however a lot of money. Your brackets are sitting in my office. I meant to send them out Yesterday but got caught up. I will send them Monday.

Tom

Fast Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, I believe every exhaust is quiet on the viper. Besides the Belanger setup or Straight pipes (including no cats), there seems to be no solution. Even when you have no cats and a exhaust, it's just not loud enough. Maybe I'm just going Deaf :dunno::headbang:

ACRBruce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My OEM '08 exhaust burbles a lot too and its sound is about as loud as I want it to be. I think the burbles become more frequent after my 3.55 gear swap.
For those that have exhaust tips (Belanger, Corsa, etc.) sticking out of the side sills, did you even get burned by it?

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In my honest opinion, I believe every exhaust is quiet on the viper. Besides the Belanger setup or Straight pipes (including no cats), there seems to be no solution. Even when you have no cats and a exhaust, it's just not loud enough. Maybe I'm just going Deaf :dunno::headbang:
You know I am starting to believe that. I have heard the Belanger too and for ME its not near loud enough. My 99 was very loud which I loved. TNT headers, cam, high flo cats, side exit, and no frickin mufflers. I like Nascar loud. Man, I miss that GTS.

G

Gotvenom 08

My OEM '08 exhaust burbles a lot too and its sound is about as loud as I want it to be. I think the burbles become more frequent after my 3.55 gear swap.
For those that have exhaust tips (Belanger, Corsa, etc.) sticking out of the side sills, did you even get burned by it?

I have no problems of getting burnt by the tips.Not even an issue if you ask me.But you are correct that they do protrude out a bit farther than stock.

G

Gotvenom 08

Guys here is a video of my 04 with Corsa Track and Roe High Flo Cats.

[media]http://s92.photobucket.com/albums/l3/tjnader/?action=view&current=DSCF1729.flv[/media]

Tim no way 40HP is "little". It is however a lot of money. Your brackets are sitting in my office. I meant to send them out Yesterday but got caught up. I will send them Monday.

Tom

Okay let me rephrase that.:) I just can't justify the money for the HP gains you get from headers on the 08.I am fine with just the corsa cat back.With the header package and PCM upgrade it does make more HP.But I am satisfied with the 600 HP I have already.

Now on my 02 when I did the headers ,high flo's and corsa.Not only did it make it much louder,but a noticable feel in throttle response and it really popped when letting off the gas.Neighbors knew when I was around for sure:D

No problem on the brackets Tom.I am going to customize them some how ,just haven't figured what I am going to do yet.Maybe anodize them a wild color and etch some fangs on them.I will post pics when I get finished.

V10BAT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just fitted roe highflow cats onto my corsa,it does seem louder:D
I also hope they may reduce the temp a bit.
With the thing apart i also wanted to get the tips out a bit,may not be for everyone
but i like the hotrod look.

before

You must be registered for see images attach

and job done

Nader

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tim I agree to some, or even most, 600hp in enough.

I am looking forward to seeing what you will do to the brackets.

Tom

Okay let me rephrase that.:) I just can't justify the money for the HP gains you get from headers on the 08.I am fine with just the corsa cat back.With the header package and PCM upgrade it does make more HP.But I am satisfied with the 600 HP I have already.

Now on my 02 when I did the headers ,high flo's and corsa.Not only did it make it much louder,but a noticable feel in throttle response and it really popped when letting off the gas.Neighbors knew when I was around for sure:D

No problem on the brackets Tom.I am going to customize them some how ,just haven't figured what I am going to do yet.Maybe anodize them a wild color and etch some fangs on them.I will post pics when I get finished.

ShadowLight

Viper Owner
Reaction score
As mentioned before, put some headers on and you'll be changing your post title to "My left ear doesn't work anymore"

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....My OEM '08 exhaust burbles a lot too and its sound is about as loud as I want it to be. I think the burbles become more frequent after my 3.55 gear swap..........

EXACTLY, and Good Pick-Up....Hard to think that 'gears can make the cars sound better'.....but it DOES! With 355s or 3:73 on Gen 4, you are transiting the 'sweet spot' more frequently on decleration, and you are crusing within that burble-band more often than with 3:07.

Flexx91

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Who did your install?

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who did your install?
TOMBALL DODGE and Jim the Viper tech pro. I would not let anyone else touch the car except him. Their service dept. and service mgr. are all excellent. Also on Sat. Feb. 21 the Houston Viper Club will meet there for a drive up North and lunch at Pappas.

Last edited:

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On an '08 and '09, does anyone know what the typical HP/TQ gains are with just the high-flow cats and cat-back? I'm assuming the 50 HP number I see referenced for the Belanger system is for the full setup (incl. headers). If I keep the car down here in the PRC, I won't be able to install headers unless I find a 'friendly' smog shop :( ... Hoping the cats and cat-back add at least 15-20 HP for that kind of dough. The sound would probably make it worth it one way or another.

OP
OP
V

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
On an '08 and '09, does anyone know what the typical HP/TQ gains are with just the high-flow cats and cat-back? I'm assuming the 50 HP number I see referenced for the Belanger system is for the full setup (incl. headers). If I keep the car down here in the PRC, I won't be able to install headers unless I find a 'friendly' smog shop :( ... Hoping the cats and cat-back add at least 15-20 HP for that kind of dough. The sound would probably make it worth it one way or another.
Corsa claims 15 hp gain with just the exhaust, but I doubt it and you know how those numbers can be inflated. I would imagine 15-20 with the high flo cats too.

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It sounds like filters, cats, cat-back and Mopar ECU together should be good for about 30-40HP then. Really not bad considering it's about $3k or so in parts. I read through a ton of before/after dyno writeups, but some of the numbers looked to be all over the place - it'll be nice when enough systems get installed that we have a big sample group.

There also doesn't seem to be as much 'easy' horsepower in these engines - Dodge did a good job of squeezing what they could out of it. With my GTS, just swapping the filters, installing the smooth tubes, and Borla cat-back made a VERY noticeable increase in power.

09 Venom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi guys, i just fitted roe highflow cats onto my corsa,it does seem louder:D
I also hope they may reduce the temp a bit.
With the thing apart i also wanted to get the tips out a bit,may not be for everyone
but i like the hotrod look.

before

and job done

V10BAT, In the 3rd picture of the exhaust, the stock system has what looks like two cats but the aftermarket only has one. Is that a second cat after the O2 sensor on the stock system or some type of resonator? Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32