New hardtop pics

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I took delivery of a new stowable hard top yesterday. What a great design this thing is. Anyone considering one, don't hesitate...

The guys at A.P. Engineering are a class act as well. Great guys to deal with.

Here are a few pics...

You must be registered for see images attach

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I see good points and bad points about that. I like how it sits even with the back mount, but I just can't stand that **** thing in the middle. I have the Gen1 version, and sorry, I just think mine looks better overall. Granted I am biased.

Donuts4me9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow that looks great ! please post more pics (especially of the inside) and also is there any noise because of wind?

Mr Hemi Head

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome. :2tu: I purchased a GTS due to the look of the available RT hardtops.
May I ask what it cost painted to match your car?

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's the best looking R/T 10 hardtop I've ever seen! :2tu: No toupe look. The lines flow really well and it looks like it belongs there.

OP
OP
T

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Can you post pics of inside and let us know how easy they are use?

It's pretty difficult to get decent pictures inside but I gave it a shot. As far as how easy it is to use - I've taken it off an on 4-5 times to practice and I can now do it in about two minutes.

See if this helps...

This pictures shows the front center lockdown clamp as well as the hood scoop vents. As you can see the driver side is open and the passenger side is closed (plug still in).

This picture shows the front left/right lockdown levers. It's nice not having to use the allen wrench any longer.

This pictures shows the clamps that lock down the left and right panels to the center section. There are two on each side. This one is obviously in the open position.

Same as above showing the clamp in the closed position.

This image shows the passenger side clamped down and ready to go.

This image shows the rear lock down brackets. This one is in the open position.
You also replace the bolts that fasten the sport bar with the custom pins shown in this picture so the sport bar can be easily slipped on and off.

Hopefully this helps...

OP
OP
T

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
wow that looks great ! please post more pics (especially of the inside) and also is there any noise because of wind?

I've only had it for a day but so far I am extremely impressed with the lack of noise and rattles. My factory top always had some rattle to it and I eventually got used to it.

The new top has no rattle at all and I've yet to notice any wind noise and I've had it up to 130 so far.

The beauty of the design is that all brackets are adjustable to allow for varying tolerances from car to car. Once you spend the few minutes to adjust everything to fit your car (Thanks Jeff!), you should never have to worry about it again.

Hope this helps...
Tim

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, the inside locks are a lot better than mine. It has this annoying bolt to put in to secure the back.

OP
OP
T

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Is there a version with a functional scoop?

This one is functional. The two plugs shown in this picture come out and allow air in.

Mopar426

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:cool:

Almost looks like Camaro T-tops.

Wonder why some are 1 piece and other 2?

Looks great regardless. :2tu:

snampro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
do they have a webite? didn't see it in the "marketplace"

do they make one for GenI's?

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
www.trunktop.citymaker.com

I contacted them by email about coming on as a supporting VCA vendor and possibly discounting them by offering a group buy. The owner advised that they are behind in getting their current orders out and he is just trying to get this new top out in the market, but that he was giving some thought to looking into being a supporting vendor.

$2,250 UN-PAINTED

$2,650 PAINTED

Functional scoop - $295

Anaconda

Enthusiast
Reaction score
By the way, for those wondering about the differences between the first version (what I have), and his, here are two pics of mine. After thinking about it, I like his a lot more. The hardware inside is a great improvement.

Notice the difference in how it sits in the back...
You must be registered for see images

Then no air duct thing in the middle...
You must be registered for see images

Matthew Klinger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is awesome. :2tu: I purchased a GTS due to the look of the available RT hardtops.
May I ask what it cost painted to match your car?

Totally agree, makes me rethink my purchase! nahhh :cool: although I would love that ******* option.

TTT for answer to question, just curious for when I sell my GTS and buy an RT/10 ;)

Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang