New Mamba

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a Dodge Dealer begging me for my car "because they would rather have mine than the new Mamba in the showroom." They are telling me that they will net it out to me just to move it. My question is does anyone know net dealer cost on the Mamab Edition Viper. I am still not just sold on the new style cause I love my Gen II RT/10 but just like the SRT Mamba. The only reason that I am even considering this is if I can drive it for a year and re-sale it without taking a loss, I would do so. I have been doing this for years with my cars as I am a car dealer and have been really fortunate to do this. I feel that the low production number special edition will work in my favor on this.
Thanks Chad

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go for the Mamba, you wont regret it. I have yet to find a local Viper owner who has not fallen in love with mine- and this includes the "haters". Hell, even I was a "hater" until I saw the Mamba in person. I will tell you though, prepare to be gawked at- moreso than in your RT/10. I didnt think this would be the case... WRONG. I am surprised I havent killed anyone yet from their heads falling off when whipping around!

BRUCE: 100 bucks says my "fake" viper puts down more power than your "real" viper... hahaha

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Saw one yesterday at the local Dodge shop.Looked great.Not crazy about the red trim inside,but the white was incredible. What is the dealer willing to sell it for?

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,
my yellow brother.
for resale only; trade it even steven and run.
what can i say .. lots and lots of yellow RT's out there.

it is a numbers game. look at those darn 1998 GT2s
$100+k for a white paintjob and a wing? :eek:
If i still had my 01 yellow with a even trade for a 04
mamba.. i would take the mamba.
just my 2 cent.
Best wishes
Jim

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think you have to look at the total numbers. Sure they may "net" you the Mamba but then low ball you on your RT.

I would be real surprised if you could drive one for a year and sell it for that price.

Someone let me drive their Mamba and let me see for myself that it actually gets more attention that a GENII car????

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think you have to look at the total numbers. Sure they may "net" you the Mamba but then low ball you on your RT.

I would be real surprised if you could drive one for a year and sell it for that price.

Someone let me drive their Mamba and let me see for myself that it actually gets more attention that a GENII car????

Drive on up to Buffalo, and I'll take you for a RIDE! LOL! No one drives my baby though! haha.

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Be careful, although the dealer may just be a "Gen 2 enthusiast", he may also just be using one of the oldest "games in the book". Why don't you get some numbers from him and THEN see if he really WANTS your car.

If he's willing to take yours in for high retail, and sell you the awesome Mamba for a huge discount off sticker.... THEN you know he's for real!

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm...time for Chad to run a consumer test panel @ *******.
Which car do the ladies prefer ?

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad I went with Dan to pick up his Mamba. Very sweet ride, if the money is good I would trade your RT-10 for it; then if you come into some more money down the road you know you can find a good RT-10 somewhere on the board.

The Mamba looks amazing in person.

Good Luck

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You have to consider the following
Dealer Invoice/MSRP
Destination Charges -usually $500 to $750
Dealer Holdback -- 3% of total MSRP
Factory Incentives -- ??? depends on total sales of dealership.
Dealer Charges -- should be nothing, unless aftermarket options added.

Check this link out and 5 minutes of math should get you pretty close.

The Truth About Car Pricing!

I have a Dodge Dealer begging me for my car "because they would rather have mine than the new Mamba in the showroom." They are telling me that they will net it out to me just to move it. My question is does anyone know net dealer cost on the Mamab Edition Viper. I am still not just sold on the new style cause I love my Gen II RT/10 but just like the SRT Mamba. The only reason that I am even considering this is if I can drive it for a year and re-sale it without taking a loss, I would do so. I have been doing this for years with my cars as I am a car dealer and have been really fortunate to do this. I feel that the low production number special edition will work in my favor on this.
Thanks Chad

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chad,
for resale, take a mamba
and then work on picking up a nice used yellow rt/10
so in the long run you have both!
keep us posted
Jim

DR VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score
With no offense to anybody,I was at the Conner avenue last year and saw the white Viper just off the production line.White is very nice on that car,no question(would still much prefer the yellow)-but in my opinion no match to Gen1 or Gen2.There are dealers here that are literally giving SRT10 Viper away at or close to dealer cost due to lack of interest in the new model.
Keep the Gen2!

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
There are dealers here that are literally giving SRT10 Viper away at or close to dealer cost due to lack of interest in the new model.
Keep the Gen2!

I beg to differ. Of all the Gen-3's that have come to dealers here locally, NONE have sat on the floor for more than a few weeks. In fact, most of them end up being bought from other parts of the country and shipped! If they were indeed not selling, there would be no reason to do this, as any dealer could get one with a surplus.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dodge sold about 417 SRT-10s in the last three months.....production is about 1600-1800 per year. Subsrcibe to Automotive news. Just the facts, Doc.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
mamba is a special limited edition.
the regular srts are available pretty much by every
dodge dealership that wants to sell one.
there is a silver one sitting at my local ( Walden Dodge)
right now.

i dont think the new model has grabbed the public's attention the way
the Gen 2 did.
and now the mamba may kick start the interest.

AJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dunno about other parts of the country, but around me (west of boston) in a 10 mile radius there are 2 dodge dealerships- both have srt-10s on their floor and they have been there for quite some time (at least a month if not more)

i am not sure they are such a hot seller.

just observing

alex
02 gts
few other cars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960