New motorhead game in Indy today

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, drag racing, stats, lap times, dyno wars are all out...significant ice storm still going full tilt here with more to come.

New game among t the fellow motorheads... GENERATOR WARS...hp, KW output, tank size, autostart, transfer switches, etc, etc.

Damn, we've hit a new low!!! :)

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Lowes sold an entire load of generators today. You probably can pick one up next week here for 20 cents on the dollar. The Manager actually told me he had a lady ask him if she bought one of the outdoor fire pits, if she could burn it in her living room. (true story) Beware of the "White Death". I sure hope I have enough milk, eggs and bread, so I can make French Toast!:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Beautiful outside...BUT, solid ice now, about 2 inches on ground, need a pick to break !! More of same on way, plus snow and wind.

Fear not, Tom...it will be perfect weather shortly !! :)

DPViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I can't believe we lived through the worst storm in a half century..... What do I do with all the milk, blankets, flashlights, am radios, health bars, kitty litter, and water my wife bought after hearing all the terrible predictions?

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
DPViper, don't laugh yet...worst is yet to come.

purplesnake, does anyone make a Paxton setup for generators?? :)

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ouch!!! It's not nice to make fun of a man's viper, especially on a viper site! :nono: You are just jealous that yours isn't pink.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Just finished carving 2 daily drivers out of the ice...roads are decent, sort of wish I had an enclosed cab CAT D-9...great traction, easily push "slackers" out of the way!!!

Boxer12

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Enjoy your balmy weather...
IMG_7802.JPG

Bird325

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gee, it's cold down here in the Dallas area, too! We got all of 3/4 inch of ice followed by 1-3 inches of snow since the middle of the night. ....

Most of the Metroplex is shut down including DFW Airport!! I was going to back my S/S GTS into the driveway to get a pretty picture with the white background, but I was afraid that the slight slope would leave me sitting in the middle of the drive looking like a fool.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Everything iced over...again...I'm now an accomplished sculptor... having "created" a Cadillac and a Jeep by carving them from two blocks of ice !!!

Tom Sessions

Enthusiast
Reaction score
70 degrees here today might head out to the beach and see whats happening there. Much better then the 8 inchs of snow we had 3 weeks ago

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Enjoy the warmth, Tom...but 70 is a little on the high side for me !!

The ice adventure continues...been using a mattock and pickaxe for last several hours, chipping a narrow path across the driveway to the dog runs!! :)

GDog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Currently on the main site we run two 375KW natural gas driven (turbo) units complete with auto switching, auto start, load bank and diesel back ups.

Horsepower? how about ~502HP each.

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Those generators would work for me!!

Looks like today will be spent trying to locate driveway, walks...with a spud bar.

purplesnake

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful with the concrete. I caught my wife out hammering our stamped colored concrete with a claw hammer, (her answer to every household problem).

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I hear Ya...I prefer a 110 lb "buster" for concrete !!! Had a lot of time riding one of these babies around Louisville area in early-mid sixties. You know me, as long as I;m making noise, I'm HAPPY :)

venomred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Why all the complaining about all the snow and ice and the hardships? Yesterday was 73 and sunny and I had to pay my yardman
$40 to mow the lawn...that's hardship!!!:cool:

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Well, we SURE NEEDED the extra 6" of snow that we got this AM !!

At least, there's a little more traction when walking over the 4+ inches of solid ice.

I wonder if chains will work better with PS 2's or with Cup tires?? Luke???

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You're in luck Steve, you have an option. You need 4 Viper front wheels, mount a winter tire on each one and then put all 4 on the Viper. Bingo, you have a Viper ready for the winter roads. I hear that's how the guys up north do it :2tu:

OP
OP
Steve-Indy

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
OK...just kidding about the chains...But, on a serious note, do you recall seeing a couple of well known "factory guys" at the Dayton gathering last March driving the Viper with the "dualies" all around?? They said that the setup worked well in the snow!!

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was not there unfortunately, but I remember a certain Viper expert telling us stories in Louisville of setting up Vipers like that to drive them during the winter months up north. At first I was unsure, but he had pretty good proof with the pictures.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32