New rims, new tires, new brakes, new pics

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Geez. Someone git the scraper out to take Mobil 1 off the side of the #91 car. Makes the car look cheap.

You must be registered for see images

Or are we living in the world where double standards rule?

Man... That sticker is a honker compared to mine.

:eater:

Picture above is a RACE car. It is what it is.

The nice red GTS with the DODGE on the sill is a street car, with street bling bling wheels, driven on public roads...

Sticker = rice

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Picture above is a RACE car. It is what it is.

The nice red GTS with the DODGE on the sill is a street car, with street bling bling wheels, driven on public roads...

Sticker = rice

+1. Apples and oranges.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do this all day.

And what makes that a real race car? The aero parts? My car has all of them. The number on the door? The roll cage? How do you know I don't have one? The fact the guy's wearing a helmet? The fact the wheels aren't chrome? How do you know under all that brake dust his aren't?

So pick some. Clarify your statement with specifics. What makes the #91 a race car and not mine. Keeping well in mind that you have never seen my car, do not know everything it has, and basically have no real clue what I do with it or where I drive it except for what I have chosen to let people know about me at this forum.

Then I will shred your response.

I anxiously await the opportunity.

ViperNM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice, nice job Dave. It didn't quite make it to 70 today but it got up to over 60 in Albuquerque this afternoon. Definitely a day to burn high test!

BTW thanks for the eBay link for the stock gears. I should never have gotten rid of mine.

VicTxV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do this all day.

And what makes that a real race car? The aero parts? My car has all of them. The number on the door? The roll cage? How do you know I don't have one? The fact the guy's wearing a helmet? The fact the wheels aren't chrome? How do you know under all that brake dust his aren't?

So pick some. Clarify your statement with specifics. What makes the #91 a race car and not mine. Keeping well in mind that you have never seen my car, do not know everything it has, and basically have no real clue what I do with it or where I drive it except for what I have chosen to let people know about me at this forum.

Well, I HAVE seen Dave's car, it looks fantastic!!!!:2tu:

GeneralLee

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not going to give my opinion on your car beacause its your car and if you like it thats all that matters. As for the #91 car....That Mobile sticker is there more than likely because they are paying for it to be there in one way or another. The difference between a race car and street car? Paying sponsors..... :D

Next people are going to start telling you red ISNT the fastest color.... :eater:

costanZo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can come up with the money I'm going to do the same exact thing Dave has done with wheels + brake combo. Your car looks amazing and although I don't think I would do any of the vinyl stuff to my car, I don't think it looks terrible- I've seen a lot worse on some Vipers. Besides, it's your car and you keep it the way you like it. I've seen a lot of vipers on here that look nice, but I would never do what some people have done to them.

Either way, beautiful car Dave and thanks for all the advice.. I really appreciate it. :2tu:

By the way.. I sent you another PM on a few quick questions. :)

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If I can come up with the money I'm going to do the same exact thing Dave has done with wheels + brake combo.

Be sure and give Dan at Viper Specialty Performance a jingle when you start pulling your budget and quotes together. I don't think everyone realizes how diverse his product line is.

Sweet Ride

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Next people are going to start telling you red ISNT the fastest color.... :eater:

Only people with inferior yellow cars would say that. :rolaugh:

I say keep the Dodge sticker. It's different and isn't that what personal customization is all about? My car didn't come with stripes, but now it has them. Does that make my car rice? :dunno:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can do this all day.

With all due respect to your individuality...do whatever floats your boat. Put smurfs and pink flower stripes on it for all I care. It's your car, your money and your time.

But,

To consider your street car is even remotely close to a purpose built race car because you upgraded it with a few aftermarket parts and stickers....you're living in la la land.

OP
OP
D

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
With all due respect to your individuality...do whatever floats your boat. Put smurfs and pink flower stripes on it for all I care. It's your car, your money and your time.

But,

To consider your street car is even remotely close to a purpose built race car because you upgraded it with a few aftermarket parts and stickers....you're living in la la land.

Please show me where I stated that I'm claiming my car is built to resemble a purpose built race car. My challenge was to tell me why my car is not a race car in any sense.

And there you go. You talk about me like you know me. Like you know what I do with my car. When in actuality you have no idea.

Please present facts, not guesses.

Last edited:

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please show me where I stated that I'm claiming my car is built to resemble a purpose built race car.

I must be looking at different pics than you are.

My challenge was to tell me why my car is not a race car in any sense.

Is this a trick question or is my IQ not low enough to understand why you are even asking this over and over.

You talk about me like you know me. Like you know what I do with my car. When in actuality you have no idea.

You're right. I don't know you and I have no idea what you do with your car.

But unless you say otherwise, then my thoughts will remain the same. I nice looking sled with ricer mods. What kind of wax do you use?

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...you're falling into the classic photo post feud. Dave, if you post up photos of your car, you have to expect that some folks are not going to like everything about your personal taste.

And Tobes! YOU should know better my old friend. Just so you DO know, Dave's one of our relatively new Texas pranksters. He's never ACTUALLY trolling for a fight....just a playful tussle. :D

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys...you're falling into the classic photo post feud. Dave, if you post up photos of your car, you have to expect that some folks are not going to like everything about your personal taste.

And Tobes! YOU should know better my old friend. Just so you DO know, Dave's one of our relatively new Texas pranksters. He's never ACTUALLY trolling for a fight....just a playful tussle. :D

Hi Scott!

I am just having fun too. I am sure Dave is an outstanding American. I completely understand and respect what he does to his fine sled is his business.

But really...did you see that sticker? :bling:

:D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Toby, meet Dave - our resident poster extraordinaire and occasional prank and punster. Dave writes some great "how to's" for those of looking to do things like cool the sidesills or simply add some custom looks. 95% of his work is not only unique but also improves the functionality of the car overall. Sometimes rough around the edges like many a Texan, he is a genuine good guy.

Dave, meet Toby - a very long time Viper and exotic car owner. Toby is a fantastic photographer and genuine car enthusiast. Like you, he is a genuinely good guy who occasionally tweaks folks - more on The Alley generally, but is apparently back here (and we are glad to see it!).

So before you draw swords realize that you would most definitely enjoy a few beers together. Toby may throw you a few track stories and give you some great early history of the club and this site. Dave will tell you how to build quality headers from bamboo shoots and licorice. You both will share a lot of laughs together.

Your pal,

Chris :D

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave, I think the car looks great, love the 'race look' and stickers :headbang: Im thinking of going for the replica look of the 92 Le mans car, theres over 50 stickers to put on :D

Mark :uk:

Roll on Le mans 09 :drive:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi