New shoes!!!!!

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got my new Purner's today- with brand new Goodyear Eagle slicks mounted!

GYslicks1.jpg

Can't wait to hit the track again now!!!

OP
OP

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh... These goodyear slicks are about 2 seconds faster than Hoosiers (per lap).

As for the **** collection, the wife tossed that out long ago, but fortunately she is very cool about DVD and Viper-related purchases! I currently have 24 tires and/or rims sitting in the garage without complaints (yet)...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Uhhh... These goodyear slicks are about 2 seconds faster than Hoosiers (per lap).

As for the **** collection, the wife tossed that out long ago, but fortunately she is very cool about DVD and Viper-related purchases! I currently have 24 tires and/or rims sitting in the garage without complaints (yet)...

Holy Tirerack! :p

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
currently i have 12 viper wheels and 8 tires. the goodyear slicks are better than the hoosiers just like the hoosiers are better than the michelin pilot cups. :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's dang good! I remember when NASCAR let Hoosier play for a while and they made Goodyear cry for a rules change.

SneakyPete

Enthusiast
Reaction score

That's dang good! I remember when NASCAR let Hoosier play for a while and they made Goodyear cry for a rules change.

Chuck, does that setup look familiar??? Did you ever rehydrate from Sebring?

The real difference is price
4 18" hoosiers around $1300.00
4 18" GoodYears around $600.00

As far as the 2 seconds faster per lap, that is only when there brand new. after 1 or 2 heat cycles they even out with hoosiers.

3307348624965nYokWG_ph.jpg

OP
OP

97 Viper GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

I hope your suspension is up to the task!

It is- the only thing that is still stock on my car is the cigarette lighter. I have always heard that scrubbed racing slicks were a little faster than hoosiers, and new slicks were a lot faster. Purner told me they would run 2-3 secs faster than hoosiers. We shall see very soon...

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:

It is- the only thing that is still stock on my car is the cigarette lighter.

Then you need to call MGW and get an "eject" cigarette lighter! It fits the racing theme! :p