New Snake (picture)

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi!! Just wanted to share a picture of the "new addition" for those of you who have been asking me to post pictures, sorry it took so long to do. By the way, I would like your opinion as to which one you would set up for the track? ps. Thanks for the picture help Tony!! (Vipermad)
Have a wonderful day!
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

You must be registered for see images

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Beautiful Laura,

I got my '96 GTS coupe on the voucher program in Sept. '96. Put about 400 miles on it and then put it away for the winter. Early the next spring, Fitzgerald Dodge called me several times and I finally sold it to them with only the 400 miles on it. Never had it long enough to even see how it would run. Probably not my wisest move?? Seeing the photo of yours, it brings back fond memories. Many happy miles Laura, it is a beauty!!

Mike

Viper99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOVE IT!
I see an RT/10 in your future....you know what they say, Three times the charm!
You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sean of NJ:
Hey Laura,

I guess the best thing to do in my opinion is to set up the one with the lowest dollar value to be the track car as that's the one that will see the most wear, tear, and modification although it would break my heart to see my original dream car, the blue/white, racked up or cut up.

Sean

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean,
You see, that's the problem, I wonder which one will have a greater dollar value in the long run. I seem to think that the 96 may be more valuable in the future, being it was the first year of the GTS, but on the other hand I think that I like the 2000 better as my daily driver. ????

Hey Mike,
I had mentioned to Fitzgerald that I was thinking of a 96, Mike Buker the salesman called me a while back on what now seems to maybe have been your car!!

ACR Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow Laura you certainly get an abundance of responses. I need to say something outrageous (i.e. insult the Boxster community) to get that kind of action.

My $0.02 - white stripe the black car and use it for the street. Use the blue/white car for the track since ..... well to be honest, blue/white just doesn't do it for me so I would consider it more expendable.

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Vipermad:
Laura,
You can't touch either of them!!! Looks like you'll have to buy a THIRD in order to break the dead-lock as to which one to modify!!! LOL

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well Tony,
If I had some kind of "connection" to get my hands on one of those gorgeous 2003 Competition Coupes, then I wouldn't have to touch either one of them, now would I
devil.gif
Any suggestions????

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tough Question!

The '96 has racing stripes and the lumpier cam. At first glance it would appear to be the better track car. But the 2000 has a number of upgrades that would make it the more sensible choice for the track:

- Upgraded cooling fan
- Better oil pan
- Bigger (and stronger) wheels = room for 14" rotors

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura,
Have you taken your 2000 on the track? How do you like it? Maybe you should come to the ViperDays event at Watkins Glen, bring both cars and see which one you like better? That would be the easiest thing, right?

You'll probably ditch the stock wheels and go with lighter ones (or stronger ones for the 1996) so that should not be the deciding factor. Don't worry about resale value - if you did you would never drive it.

What tracks do you compete at? In order to order a competition coupe you have to hold a valid competition license - no "in" required - just a desire to race the car at ViperDays, Speedvision GT, etc.

The 1996 can be easily upgraded to the 2000 oil pan, fan, etc. And since you are talking about modifications, either one would be fine....

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to rain on the parade, but they just look like every other Viper out there. Change the wheels or something. Race the ABS car. If the '96 is clean, try to keep the miles low and preserve the sticker kit. Good luck getting a 1st year Comp Coupe, they'll go to the racers first.dj

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by David Jenkins:
Not to rain on the parade, but they just look like every other Viper out there. Change the wheels or something. Race the ABS car. If the '96 is clean, try to keep the miles low and preserve the sticker kit. Good luck getting a 1st year Comp Coupe, they'll go to the racers first.dj

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

David,
The 2000 does not have ABS, I believe it was in 2001 that ABS came out.
The 96 is mint, with 3900 miles.
Yes that competition coupe would solve everything!!!
Laura

Nadine UK GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Laura, a fab picture of your two snakes back to back forming a "V". You must be a proud Mum.

Liked the future pic Tony Viper99 posted too. I'd advise red for the track car...of course the new comp-coupe would be ideal!

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Janni:
Laura,
Have you taken your 2000 on the track? How do you like it? Maybe you should come to the ViperDays event at Watkins Glen, bring both cars and see which one you like better? That would be the easiest thing, right?

You'll probably ditch the stock wheels and go with lighter ones (or stronger ones for the 1996) so that should not be the deciding factor. Don't worry about resale value - if you did you would never drive it.

What tracks do you compete at? In order to order a competition coupe you have to hold a valid competition license - no "in" required - just a desire to race the car at ViperDays, Speedvision GT, etc.

The 1996 can be easily upgraded to the 2000 oil pan, fan, etc. And since you are talking about modifications, either one would be fine....

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Janni,
Neither the 2000, or the newly acquired 96 have seen the track yet. I have had my 98 at several local tracks in New York and New Jersey, but strictly for drag racing.
I will, somewhat reluctantly admit that my 2000 has certainly seen it's share of street racing. Curently I'm mainly a 'Street Vixen' with a burning lust for the track, and long to experience just how the car, and I, can perform on a road course. Also to find out, as you said in one of your posts, "Just what the steering wheel is for." hehehe!

Although the Viper Days event at the Glen would be perfect, a monday-tuesday event is nearly impossible for me to do. But, more significantly, I have been personally affected by the tragic events that occurred here in New York. Losing 2 men that I loved dearly, as well several other family members, and friends of many of my acquaintances. Therefore, at this time, by no means, am I in the right mindset for a track event. But a Viper Days event is definitely in my future. I have heard what a wonderful job Skip, and his family do in running these events. However it would be quite difficult for me to get both cars to an event at the same time, any volunteers willing to help me out?

I had spoken with Bill Pemberton about purchasing a Competition Coupe when it was first announced. He had hinted, at that time, that a competition license may be a possible requirement for the purchase, since the car cannot be titled for street use. That would be a relatively easy obstacle to overcome. The real obstacle is the reality of actually being able to get my hands on one of the few initially being produced. I would think that the various racing teams would have first crack at them, and probally rightfully so. But maybe owning one will be somewhere in my future. Like Tony (Viper99) says, "Threes a charm".

Have a great time at Watkins Glen next week. Be safe.
Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Laura,

In one of your earlier posts in this thread, you wondered what the possibility was that your "new" baby was originally mine. It would be an incredible coincidence if it turned out to be true so let's see. The last six of my VIN was #200253. How does that match up to yours?

Mike

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by viperprowler1:
Hi Laura,

In one of your earlier posts in this thread, you wondered what the possibility was that your "new" baby was originally mine. It would be an incredible coincidence if it turned out to be true so let's see. The last six of my VIN was #200253. How does that match up to yours?

Mike

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey Mike,
I must not have been clear in my earlier post, I did not buy the one Fitzgerald called me about. I purchased the 96 from a good friend of mine. Vin is 200586. I hope your "baby" wound up in good hands, I'm sure it did
smile.gif

Laura
devil.gif
BURNOUT.gif

viperprowler1

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Laura,

Sorry about that...if I had gone back and read your post again before I replied, I would have realized that that was what you meant. Oh well, maybe somebody reading these posts will recognize this VIN and let me know they have my former GTS coupe. In any event, enjoy them both until you get your "competition coupe"! We're all pulling for you!!!!

Mike

OP
OP
V

VIPERESS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Rick Martino:
Laura,

Double-bubble, I like your style. :)

Good luck with 'em!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Hey Rick,
Now that's odd that you chose the word "double", my friends and family use that same word, however, they refer to the cars as "Double Trouble", I just can't imagine why they would ever think such a thing
embarass.gif
devil.gif

Thanks for the well wishes.
Have a wonderful day!!
Laura

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
B1RDMAN