new SRT, airbag & kids

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
My kiddo is 6 yrs old. Too big for a car seat, however the seatbelt seems to hold her snug. She is about 45 lbs (skinny for her height).

I currently have the airbag "off". Do you all ride with your kids, and do you have the bag "on"?

And a not-related-to-this-thread-question, my visor flops down at aro 45 mph, shouldn't this be tighter, do yours flop down. These are important as they really adjust airflow in the cockpit...

KL

ViperInBlack

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ken:

Tighten the sun visor.

I keep the air bag on. However, I also have (unrelated) the shoulder pad protectors (that say Viper SRT-10) from JonB to keep the kids from being uncomfortable where the strap hits their shoulder.

Alice & The Viper Blog

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ken:
Tighten the sun visor.
I keep the air bag on.

I think I will turn it back on - I guess it only needs to be off w/ a backwards facing child seat..

The visor- thanks I did not see a screw.. duh, I'll check tonight.

Thanks Alice...

MAVERICK

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I ride with the top down most of the time and the sun visors just got in the way, so I took them off and just keep my sun glasses handy.

Reaction score
I keep my visors up (they never drop), the convertible top down, and with the bugs I now get on my visors, I might have to get them clearbra'd.

I have two kids, both ride in the trunk.
Thats the only way I can get them in the car with me and the wife on our family outings.

And to think the car salesman said, "seats four comfortably" my ass.

vincent_esq

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Airbag should be off. People, even adults who weight less than 100lbs have died when the airbag goes off. Please keep it off. I have an 8 years old, a 5 years old, and it is off whenever they go in. Move the seat ALL the way back and the leaning all the way back.

OP
OP
K

Ken Lally

Viper Owner
Reaction score
with the bugs I now get on my visors, I might have to get them clearbra'd.

Hey S.H.D.V- I drove down to Disney/cruise this May and the bugs in Fla OMFG!
How do you deal with that, it took me an hour to get them all off the front of the SUV, when I got back home to VA.
:D

Oh, and I have never seen so many Vettes in my life all in one place... Fla is like Vette world. Not one Viper to be seen, we are a rare breed indeed.

KL-

Reaction score
There is a lot of LOVE (bugs) down here, unfortunately their guts stick to the front of the car and are horrendous to get off. Thats one of the main reason I'm getting the Clearbra installed Tuesday.

Yes, Vetts are a DIME FOR TWO DOZEN down here and are only matched by the Camry.

You know when you first buy a new car, before you bought it you never see any on the road, then when you drive off the showroom floor you see them all over the place including one at your next door neighbors.
Well, I haven't seen an SRT-10 since I bought mine, except for those sitting on the showroom floors at local dealers.

Disclosure: I have seen a couple previous generation Vipers, but those don't count.