New Viper owner here!!!

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the best club around and welcome to the owners circle of the best car around.

BTW am I the only one who actually LIKES the stock gen 2 wheels??? lol

I like them too.
Never been a fan of putting SUV size wheels on a car designed to be low and road hugging.

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome to the best club around and welcome to the owners circle of the best car around.

Nope, I love them too.

Make sure you get the usual mandatory mods, Random Tech Cats to keep the heat down, Corsa Exhaust for that awesome sound (no ups truck sound) and of course some MGW goodies such as Shift knob to make it about 6" shorter, AC knobs and ash tray replacement. I also replaced the Storage Comparment Door between the seats, looks awesome with the Sneaky Pete logo on it.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Come on Jon...Everyone loves pizza! :D .....

Pizza Dish True Trivia.....

You may have noticed the 99-02 OE wheels are shaped as a shallow parabolic reflector, {similiar to a Pizza Dish!} Fact is, they ARE a parabolic reflector, that can focus the sun in an intense beam that can get your attention !

I have seen 1, and heard of 2 anecdotes where the car is clean, wheels waxed, parked in the low-angled sun. Spectator at car show wearing shorts, coincidently-inadvertantly stands in the reflected beam off the wheels, at the shortest focal distance, about 2.5 feet back.

OUCH !!! The pizza-dish has acted like a kid with a magnifying glass, focusing the sun on his bare leg and giving his calf a hot-spot. Do try this at home!

Another weird-but-true rare sun-burn involves the rear hatch of the GTS. Chrysler even tested this at AZ Proving grounds, trying to re-create the actual customer events, where the just-right sun can focus thru the steeply curved area of hatch glass, and MELT THE Polyester PARCEL SHELF CARPET behind the drivers seat!

The End of my 'focused trivia' chapter for today... JonB~~~~~:<~

mattdillon

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I liked mine also, if they would have made them in 19 inch I would have just put them on the rear. I wanted to go with a taller tire on the rear.

OP
OP
S

Somewhere in Time

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You may have noticed the 99-02 OE wheels are shaped as a shallow parabolic reflector, {similiar to a Pizza Dish!} Fact is, they ARE a parabolic reflector, that can focus the sun in an intense beam that can get your attention !

I have seen 1, and heard of 2 anecdotes where the car is clean, wheels waxed, parked in the low-angled sun. Spectator at car show wearing shorts, coincidently-inadvertantly stands in the reflected beam off the wheels, at the shortest focal distance, about 2.5 feet back.

OUCH !!! The pizza-dish has acted like a kid with a magnifying glass, focusing the sun on his bare leg and giving his calf a hot-spot. Do try this at home!

Another weird-but-true rare sun-burn involves the rear hatch of the GTS. Chrysler even tested this at AZ Proving grounds, trying to re-create the actual customer events, where the just-right sun can focus thru the steeply curved area of hatch glass, and MELT THE Polyester PARCEL SHELF CARPET behind the drivers seat!

Good stuff right there!!!

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh god :omg: NOT ANOTHER YELLOW CAR OWNER :rolleyes:

Just kidding :D

Welcome, sounds like your having fun with mods already!

You will get used to the Red / Yellow comments :D

enjoy your new ride :2tu:

RED'S FASTEST :D

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh god :omg: NOT ANOTHER YELLOW CAR OWNER :rolleyes:

Just kidding :D

Welcome, sounds like your having fun with mods already!

You will get used to the Red / Yellow comments :D

enjoy your new ride :2tu:

RED'S FASTEST :D

If we keep reminding him of this....maybe his second mod will be a RED paint job :D Instant 50 bhp :drive: The Viper grin can cause your cheeks to hurt....be careful, and welcome to the Club :cool:

HHI VIPER

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Damn...Just when I thought I was well edumacated :omg:

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bond....James Bond.:)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960