Next-Gen Dodge Viper could get Ferrari-derived V10

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers and Ferraris are opposites in many ways, but most owners on each side have a mutual respect for each. It wouldn't seem to be a good business move to meld the Viper into a Ferrari. Viper purists would abandon the Viper and Ferrari owners would never accept a Viper as a Ferrari. Best to leave Dodge to do what they have been doing right since 1992. Maybe add the telescoping wheel, that would be good.

Alexarz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lamborghini did not design the Viper engine. Chrysler asked for their help initially. Lamborghini's efforts failed because of unreliability so Dodge decided to do it themselves.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
badgts is "crying wolf again". Fiat doesn't own Dodge (research who owns Dodge) at 20%. Ferrari doesn't won Fiat. Dodge just did what they usually do and kicked everybodys asp. As I keep stating in my replies to badgts, Viper is the KING and has unmatched performance.

Common sense dictates that Viper continue or it'll be the Maserati that becomes the Ring King and then Zonda, Enzo and a couple others that are only slightly faster than the ZR1 (not sure of the order).

I agree with Chuck that having a Ferrari engine (slower right?) would cause me to stop buying Dodge and a lot of Ferrari guys to stop buying Ferrari. Financial death for both.

Any company that can build the "world's fastest 4 door sedan" out of a 4 door, 4 ******, World's quickest production car, winged warriors and the Ring King is the company I buy my cars from. Bankrupcy is merely short term as sales are already climbing and Ford's recovering quickly. That being a lot sooner than expected.

Ferrari also went bankrupt and that's how Fiat owns a chunk of them.

Viper MAKES money and is recognized the world over. It'd be stupid to not continue Viper as it is (Ring King). Since there are a few multimillion dollar efforts being made to surpass the $100,000 ACR it's all good.

Ted

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am eagerly awaiting my VCA CASH Purchase Offer from Mike Acavitti to the VCA members!!!

Certificate equals cash towards a new Dodge - and if it's a large enough offer to offset the extra costs of buying a Canadian Dodge (about 80% extra) I'll phone and buy a new SRT8 Challenger.

""Dear Viper Club of America member,

It’s official — the legendary Dodge Viper is here to stay! The ultimate American sports car will continue to redefine performance standards and shatter expectations for years to come. ""

That's the quote from the top of the email I received as a VCA member. Guess everybody that isn't a member should join if they're palnning on buying a new car?

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
badgts is "crying wolf again". Fiat doesn't own Dodge (research who owns Dodge) at 20%. Ferrari doesn't won Fiat. Dodge just did what they usually do and kicked everybodys asp. As I keep stating in my replies to badgts, Viper is the KING and has unmatched performance.

Common sense dictates that Viper continue or it'll be the Maserati that becomes the Ring King and then Zonda, Enzo and a couple others that are only slightly faster than the ZR1 (not sure of the order).

I agree with Chuck that having a Ferrari engine (slower right?) would cause me to stop buying Dodge and a lot of Ferrari guys to stop buying Ferrari. Financial death for both.

Any company that can build the "world's fastest 4 door sedan" out of a 4 door, 4 ******, World's quickest production car, winged warriors and the Ring King is the company I buy my cars from. Bankrupcy is merely short term as sales are already climbing and Ford's recovering quickly. That being a lot sooner than expected.

Ferrari also went bankrupt and that's how Fiat owns a chunk of them.

Viper MAKES money and is recognized the world over. It'd be stupid to not continue Viper as it is (Ring King). Since there are a few multimillion dollar efforts being made to surpass the $100,000 ACR it's all good.

Ted
You are in denial a FOREIGN AUTOMAKER (whether you choose to believe it or not )is now in charge of the VIPER and inturn can do what THEY WANT with the car .This foreign car entity (if they do produce a GEN 5 )is going to proceed with this project the way THEY see fit .That way MAY VERY WELL not have anything to do with the PAST Vipers history(THE ABOVE THREAD IS IN DIRECT RELATION TO THIS ) NOBODY KNOWS.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Vipers and Ferraris are opposites in many ways, but most owners on each side have a mutual respect for each. It wouldn't seem to be a good business move to meld the Viper into a Ferrari. Viper purists would abandon the Viper and Ferrari owners would never accept a Viper as a Ferrari. Best to leave Dodge to do what they have been doing right since 1992. Maybe add the telescoping wheel, that would be good.
Chuck you may be correct -nobody knows.At this point in time Fiat -Ferrari( whoever )is doing their marketing research to determine how to proceed with the platform (if there is a Gen 5 )to determine how to make the most money.Years ago didnt Mercedes have an idea about moving the Viper over because the dollar amount spent was more indicative (service ect) of a Merc customer. Obviously for articles like this to appear Fiat is entertaining all ideas ect.

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is we no longer have a choice in the matter .Whether we like it or not Ferraris interpetation of where the Viper is headed may be 180 degrees from Dodges origional conception of what USED to be the Viper.
That is exactly what I think too. :dunno: If Fiat thinks that they can save some R&D dollars by using a V10 from the Ferrari program, then we might end up with a Ferrari powered Viper. :crazy2: And while I might not buy it because it's not the brute I want, I have no doubt that a segment of the Viper community is probably salivating at the thought (especially DodgeViper01 :rolaugh: )

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Chuck you may be correct -nobody knows.At this point in time Fiat -Ferrari( whoever )is doing their marketing research to determine how to proceed with the platform (if there is a Gen 5 )to determine how to make the most money.Years ago didnt Mercedes have an idea about moving the Viper over because the dollar amount spent was more indicative (service ect) of a Merc customer. Obviously for articles like this to appear Fiat is entertaining all ideas ect.

Make up your mind ... You said that Ferrari owns Dodge WRONG.
Who cares what Ferrari thinks -except for the Ferrari forums? Certianly not most Viper owners
Now you're saying it's Fiat that plans Viper?

Anyway, the Fiat CEO loves Viper and said so. Fiat owns 20% and doesn't run Dodge although they make the CEO the Boss here?

Guess you didn't read the VCA message? Oh yah, you're NOT A MEMBER! So you have no inside info, too bad. Even when I copy and pste it for yah, you don't seem to understand what it says.

Anyway, US VCA members have been assured that OUR VIPER will continue. You might be appreciated over at the Ferrari forums when you tell them your stories - without any proof etc.

As stated before, Ferrari made an offer to Dodge at VOI X, during the Bell Isle Grand Prix that weekend. They don't own Dodge, their offer waws rejected and they still can't catch the ACR.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Make up your mind ... You said that Ferrari owns Dodge WRONG.
Who cares what Ferrari thinks -except for the Ferrari forums? Certianly not most Viper owners
Now you're saying it's Fiat that plans Viper?

Anyway, the Fiat CEO loves Viper and said so. Fiat owns 20% and doesn't run Dodge although they make the CEO the Boss here?

Guess you didn't read the VCA message? Oh yah, you're NOT A MEMBER! So you have no inside info, too bad. Even when I copy and pste it for yah, you don't seem to understand what it says.

Anyway, US VCA members have been assured that OUR VIPER will continue. You might be appreciated over at the Ferrari forums when you tell them your stories - without any proof etc.

As stated before, Ferrari made an offer to Dodge at VOI X, during the Bell Isle Grand Prix that weekend. They don't own Dodge, their offer waws rejected and they still can't catch the ACR.

Ted[/QUOTE Our Viper is now owned by a foreign company and is assured to continue threw 10 thats it .Fiat has the final say to the new Viper(if THEY DECIDED THERE IS ONE )

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is exactly what I think too. :dunno: If Fiat thinks that they can save some R&D dollars by using a V10 from the Ferrari program, then we might end up with a Ferrari powered Viper. :crazy2: And while I might not buy it because it's not the brute I want, I have no doubt that a segment of the Viper community is probably salivating at the thought (especially DodgeViper01 :rolaugh: )
exactly Ted are you listening

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
TED Fiat owns Chrysler .Fiat owns Chrysler THEY HAVE ALL THE SAY whether you like it or not.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"a lousier engine"
Yeah, those ******** Italian engineers, they don't know anything about engines:
As of 2008[update], the team's records include 15 World Drivers Championship titles (1952, 1953, 1956, 1958, 1961, 1964, 1975, 1977, 1979, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 and 2007) 16 World Constructors Championship titles 1961, 1964, 1975, 1976, 1977, 1979, 1982, 1983, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2007 and 2008, 209 Grand Prix victories, 4925.27 points, 622 podium finishes, 203 pole positions, and 218 fastest laps in 776 Grands Prix contested.
You play stoopid, right?
Another site had that the new Ferarri Italia is making 570 horsepower out of 4.5 liter NA

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TED Fiat owns Chrysler .Fiat owns Chrysler THEY HAVE ALL THE SAY whether you like it or not.

Perhaps you could post your reference for that statement? 20% is what the newspapers reported. TV says the Public owns lots.

You said it's Ferrari, now you say it's Fiat

You are confused.

As far as little cubic inches with big hp, I gave my 400hp 2.2 L turbo Dodge to a highschool because it was dangerous (FWD). So puny motors built by Ferrari with a few hp aren't going to impress me. Sorry.

Anyway, I'll enjoy reading your refence material on Ferrari or Fiat owning Dodge.

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted your 2.2 liter does not make over 2 hp per cu NA Fiat not Dodge has the final sayon the next Viper that is a fact

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted the article clearly says the ITALIANS are in charge they are citing the CEO of FIAT not Dodge .

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Was it your CAT that told you Ferrari and then changed that to Fiat that owns DODGE???

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Here's "copy and paste" from MY Viper Club. Notice the CEO and President's input? Dodge's CEO & president that is.

No Ferrari stuff here and NO CEO of Fiat either. You'll notice that I provided REFERENCE.

Dear Viper Club of America member,

It’s official — the legendary Dodge Viper is here to stay! The ultimate American sports car will continue to redefine performance standards and shatter expectations for years to come.

What makes the Dodge Viper so special is much more that just what’s underneath the hood. Thousands of dedicated Viper enthusiasts around the world (like you) are the driving force behind this extraordinary vehicle. Chrysler Group LLC and Dodge Brand would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you and the Viper Club of America for your continued support of the Dodge Viper family by extending to you an exclusive Purchase Offer.

As a VCA member, when you purchase or lease any Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® vehicle (excluding Sprinter) before September 30, 2009, you will be awarded with a generous Purchase Offer.* That’s right, we’re offering VCA members a cash allowance over and above most nationally advertised incentives for use toward the purchase or lease of any new vehicle. This exclusive offer can even be transferred to a family member or friend by endorsing the back of the certificate.

To redeem this exclusive offer, simply bring the Purchase Offer certificate into your dealership at the time of your new purchase or lease. Keep a close watch on your mailbox— the exclusive Purchase Offer certificate, along with a letter of thanks from Mike Accavitti, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dodge Brand, is on its way to your home!

Thank you for your devotion to the Dodge family and we hope to see you soon!

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's "copy and paste" from MY Viper Club. Notice the CEO and President's input? Dodge's CEO & president that is.

No Ferrari stuff here and NO CEO of Fiat either. You'll notice that I provided REFERENCE.

Dear Viper Club of America member,

It’s official — the legendary Dodge Viper is here to stay! The ultimate American sports car will continue to redefine performance standards and shatter expectations for years to come.

What makes the Dodge Viper so special is much more that just what’s underneath the hood. Thousands of dedicated Viper enthusiasts around the world (like you) are the driving force behind this extraordinary vehicle. Chrysler Group LLC and Dodge Brand would like to take this opportunity to personally thank you and the Viper Club of America for your continued support of the Dodge Viper family by extending to you an exclusive Purchase Offer.

As a VCA member, when you purchase or lease any Chrysler, Dodge or Jeep® vehicle (excluding Sprinter) before September 30, 2009, you will be awarded with a generous Purchase Offer.* That’s right, we’re offering VCA members a cash allowance over and above most nationally advertised incentives for use toward the purchase or lease of any new vehicle. This exclusive offer can even be transferred to a family member or friend by endorsing the back of the certificate.

To redeem this exclusive offer, simply bring the Purchase Offer certificate into your dealership at the time of your new purchase or lease. Keep a close watch on your mailbox— the exclusive Purchase Offer certificate, along with a letter of thanks from Mike Accavitti, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dodge Brand, is on its way to your home!

Thank you for your devotion to the Dodge family and we hope to see you soon!
The CEO of Dodge answers to Fiat.Fiat interpetation of what a GEN 5 Viper will be MAY BE dramatically different than past Gens of Vipers THAT IS A FACT.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there a member out there that can please answer the question as to whether Fiat is in CHARGE of Dodge.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ted you are saying Dodge is in charge iam saying Fiat has the final say over all of Chrysler lets see who is correct.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well not to get dragged into this but yes, it is true, the Fiat ceo is the ceo of Chrysler and Fiat makes the decisions now of Chrysler.
Thank you i really did not want to drag anyone into it i just was trying to get a fact straight ,once again thanks.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mike Accavitti, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dodge Brand,

that's today's VCA official email.

... and this thread starts with an article dated Aug 10 that states

Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne

References badgt ????

Ted

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mike Accavitti, President and Chief Executive Officer, Dodge Brand,

that's today's VCA official email.

... and this thread starts with an article dated Aug 10 that states

Fiat CEO Sergio Marchionne

References badgt ????

Ted
Email whoever you want you were wrong and i was correct Fiat in the end call the shots

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ps Guys lets also remember one other thing Ferrari not Dodge is now in charge of whatever they decide to do here .(Beggars cant be choosers).Like i posted earlyier i believe the R&D was done years ago on the Gen 5 (development timeline dictates that )but if Ferrari decides to make the next Gen Viper a station wagon with a 3 liter 4 cyl in it what can we do.

Confused aren't you?

Reaction score
Hey Viper nation if there are this many members worried about a deviation from the normal Viper configuration why don't we all send them Emails with our feelings on changing what the Viper is too us. Let them know that if this really is a plan they are considering that it won't be the same to you, the existing owners (and recurring buyers), that you are not interested in a Viper that has less power and torque and potentially more maintenance costs. We have had a collective voice that has helped shape the Viper in the past and maybe we can sustain this direction through our communication with the new planners for the Viper. Send Emails to Chrysler AND Sergio, let your voices be heard and more so those cubic inches!!!!!!! :headbang::usa:

Keep it cool and calm, just share your desires for the future of the Viper and what it is you hope to see in the next generations.

1BADGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Confused aren't you?
Ted iam not confused what iam saying is a FOREIGN AUTO MAKER is now in charge of Dodge( KNOW YOU REALIZE THAT ) and ANYTHING is possible =know one knows .Auto timecycles indicate the OLD DODGE already did the R&D for the next gen years ago the NEW Dodge (WHO ANSWERS TO THEM )may or may not use their engine plans it all comes back to the DOLLAR.