Nitrous question

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My program begins with 50% somewhere around 3500 rpm and is 100% for every entry after that until it tapers back off. Sean Roe wrote the program for me - it's not like I hacked up something myself. And would any parts store carry a relay that would trigger with 5 volts? It's worth a try...

With the vec2 software open and on the pwm tab, is the small box checked that says: run pwm as on/off switch

That box needs to be checked. It's right above the pwm/rpm tab.

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, the box is checked. And again, I have the relay GROUND going to pin 5 on the Vec2. Therefore the ground out (-) should be activated when those certain parameters are met. It ISN'T triggering the relay though.

And to make sure I had everything done correctly, I touched the relay GROUND to a chassis ground and the solenoids work perfectly. Damn I'm stumped...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My vec2 instructions are loaned out. There are also different harnesses for vec2's over the years.
It looks like my output is on connector M (bottom connector) bottom row. I'm calling it pin #3
Pin 1 has a blue wire and my output is two pins away from #1

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, the box is checked. And again, I have the relay GROUND going to pin 5 on the Vec2. Therefore the ground out (-) should be activated when those certain parameters are met. It ISN'T triggering the relay though.

And to make sure I had everything done correctly, I touched the relay GROUND to a chassis ground and the solenoids work perfectly. Damn I'm stumped...

Have you checked your pins yet ?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep, the PWM out is pin 5 on BOTH master and slave. Sean helped me troubleshoot over the phone and I ended up shipping him the Vec2 and relay. No doubt Sean will figure it out.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Explain how you are doing your pin count.

24 x x x x x x x x x x x
.x x x x x x x x x <font color="red"> X </font> x 1
Bottom

Mine is the red X looking at it from the rear.
The 1 and 24 are marked on my connectors.

Is yours in the same location ?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I"m doing my pin count just like you. But mine calls for pin 5 on both master and slave. If you look very carefully with a flashlight, the pins are numbered on the ends of the rows. That's how I was SURE I was in pin 5. And yes, I've tried pin 5 on both master and slave. We must have different versions if they're calling for different pins...?

trainville

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Yep......I'm an idiot! The pins are numbered from #1 to #24 like you showed, but the bottom row goes 1,3,5,7,9, etc. and the top row goes 2,4,6,8,etc. So thinking I had pin 5 - I actually was tapped into pin 9. After fixing MY screwup, everything works like a champ. I need to find a dry day to tune this thing now.

I can't say enough good things about Sean Roe. He's been helping me every step of the way. This time it happened to be one little (important) thing I overlooked.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep......I'm an idiot! The pins are numbered from #1 to #24 like you showed, but the bottom row goes 1,3,5,7,9, etc. and the top row goes 2,4,6,8,etc. So thinking I had pin 5 - I actually was tapped into pin 9. After fixing MY screwup, everything works like a champ. I need to find a dry day to tune this thing now.

I can't say enough good things about Sean Roe. He's been helping me every step of the way. This time it happened to be one little (important) thing I overlooked.

Your not an idiot....just next time you need to listen to me ;) j/k
I just worked with a Vec3 and all the pins were numbered....I'm pretty sure that on my old harness they are not numbered. That's why I was having to guess what # pin I was using.
Your right about Sean Roe, he has been guiding me thru the Vec3 this week and having to reload all my Vec programs due to a Windows reload a few weeks back. There are no dumb questions for Sean even though I have had some pretty silly ones before :D

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
We like the NX Express setup with the progressive controller. Its fully programmable so you can ramp in the power, delay delivery on shifts, limit power depending on gear and shut the system down if it goes lean. With the tune port setup we have run a 500 shot on a properly prepared engine without any issues.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960