No Heat???

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Changed the coolant in the car to the new GM approved stuff, and we went through a lot of hassle to make sure that there were no air bubbles in the system. Have driven the car hard since the coolant change, and absolutely no over heating.

So what is the deal? Everything but the heat works! AC works fine, but when I try to get any sort of heat out of the car it will not give it at all.

Anyone else had this happen?

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Have you checked that the "heat cable" that goes from the inside knob to the heatbox in the enginecompartment works o.k?
The connection for the cable to the inside knob had broken on mine and I had to make repairs there, when my heating stopped working.
Good Luck!
cool.gif
cool.gif
cool.gif

Mikael

OP
OP
R

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks,

I found it.

The cable was disconnected from the small electric motor that opens and closes the heater hose. Put it back on and it works perfect now.

Jamie,

It is located on the passenger side, right next to the induction box for fresh air. It is on top with a heater hose going into it, there is a cable with a O shape at the end of it which attaches to the hook on the small electric motor.

Let me know if this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Axial32