nx or nitrous propane? which 1 is better

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is it possible (and safe) to run Nitrous and a Supercharger.Im torn right now between the Roe charger(550 rwhp) and 200 shot(630 rwhp) I like the idea of more power but I also think a S/C Viper looks more menacing.How about a S/C and a 100 shot?Anyone have experience with this and would this require a new fuel pump?

Joe

HouseofSpeed

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Steve...I think you are on the money with your observation about all of the 9 sec cars.

My real point about Sam's car was that it is the essence of simplicity....in-tank pump, head and cam, 150 shot....no propane, no in-line pumps, no warp drive, etc. Your breakage occurred independently of your power adder...and a pump wouldn't have helped you. However, other mechanical failures that day can be attributed to a poorly designed system in my opinion.

Good luck on the "Arrow" reman....
smile.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way that supercharged cars make competitive power is with the addition of nitrous. No Flames intended....but there are lots of 600-700 hp cars out there. Nitrous separates the 800+ hp and 900+ torque men from the boys.

In a nutshell, you can do both to your car with no ill effects as long as you control detonation and have the internals to handle the power.

One item that has never been addressed by any of the "great wizards" here is that the v-10 block crankshaft supports and webbing are not suited for high power(1000+ Flywheel)applications. The block is cross bolted on the main caps like a hemi, but there is less "meat" in those critical areas. Also the iron(steel)maincaps themselves are subject to "walking" and should be replaced with aluminum or billet ones for making 1000 hp or more. These things need to be considered when building a combination of that kind of power output. Break the crankshaft and you can throw the whole motor(maybe less the intake) in the recycling bin.

Tom
Http://btrviper.com

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:
The only way that supercharged cars make competitive power is with the addition of nitrous. No Flames intended....but there are lots of 600-700 hp cars out there. Nitrous separates the 800+ hp and 900+ torque men from the boys.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

laughing2[1].gif
laugh.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gerald,

I knew you would take offense to that statement.LOL You are about as predictable as I am when it comes to post hijacking!

Your car is very strong..but it could be stronger 800++ rwhp with nitrous..like your wizards, thats all Im saying..end of story..I wish I knew how to get those bouncing faces and images to pop up with my posts!

Keep in touch with yourself,

Tom

BTR 750 SS "PLUS" 800 RWHP @ 950 RWTQ

"If we had some Ham, we could have some HAM AND EGGS, if we had some EGGS!"
"A bird in the hand is worth 2 in the bush, but if in the bush a fair maiden should stand, a push in the bush is worth 2 in the hand"

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Tom Welch:

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Gear Grabbing Gary with the green r/t just made 900 horsepower with a DLM supercharger on pump gas, cats and mufflers, NO nitrous. That's not competitive horsepower?

laugh.gif

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh,

I forgot about Max..a sheep hurders pize sheep. Was that Rear Wheel HP? Like I said, no flames but even Scott P's level 3 car could not make over 800 to the rear wheels without spray..unless Im mistaken(which I could be, but only by viewing SAE corrected dyno sheets please).

OK no more off the subject heckling from me on this post..as I stated above..I'd be glad to smack talk with you folks on a new thread that has no real informative subject matter for prospective clients for ANY of the Viper Tuners products.

Tom

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh,

I forgot about Max..a sheep hurders pize sheep. Was that Rear Wheel HP? Like I said, no flames but even Scott P's level 3 car could not make over 800 to the rear wheels without spray..unless Im mistaken(which I could be, but only by viewing SAE corrected dyno sheets please).

OK no more off the subject heckling from me on this post..as I stated above..I'd be glad to smack talk with you folks on a new thread that has no real informative subject matter for prospective clients for ANY of the Viper Tuners products.

Tom

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
baby[1].gif

B ig T alk R acing

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn't ScottP's built to run nitrous and blower? You would loose a SIGNIFICANT amount of compression and boost (less hp & tq) on blower alone. So if someone WOULD NOT use the N20, you're numbers would NOT be as great as WITH THE N20.
Gerald

p.s.

I guess with my nearly 800 RWHP and RWTQ, I'm just not competitve. LOL!!!!!

blkasp1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Gerald:
Wasn't ScottP's built to run nitrous and blower? You would loose a SIGNIFICANT amount of compression and boost (less hp & tq) on blower alone. So if someone WOULD NOT use the N20, you're numbers would NOT be as great as WITH THE N20.
Gerald

p.s.

I guess with my nearly 800 RWHP and RWTQ, I'm just not competitve. LOL!!!!!

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>Gerald,

Don't fall into the trap!

Ross

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some objective facts on the stock pump output. I'm in the fine tuning stages of a nitrous install. I am very lucky to do my dyno pulls in the same building where they build the Dynojet units. The equipment is state-of-the-art and the operator is one of the best in the counntry. I just used a new dyno that had a high end a/f processor (extremely accurate). In addition we inserted the sensors into the forward O2 wells. The data we generated is as accurate as it gets. The only variable not accounted for is the mixture getting leaner at high speeds from ram air.

We took the car up to 600 rwhp and maintained a flat line 11:5 a/f ratio (5000 rpm). At 600 hp the flat line started to climb and went to 11:7. More hp was possible, however, the a/f rise is not a good sign especially if you add the leaning from ram air. For those of you that have not seen your a/f rise at greater than 600 hp with only a stock fuel pump, I would suggest you dyno with the sensors in the O2 wells.

I purchased a high volume pump to replace the stock pump. I will dyno next week and will post the superimposed curves of before-and-after a/f ratios.

One more thought, I don't understand why none of the NOS manufacturers openly market NOS safeguards. I put together an MSD window switch in combo with a fuel pressure switch. I mounted the components on a 6 X 6 plate with the NOS solenoid relay and a terminal block. The terminal block also has space for the bottle heater control coming from the rear. If you mount this on the flat surface behind the brake fluid reservoir the wiring is immensely simplified. When I have the fine tuning done I will post the plate pic with a wiring diagram.

Reaction score
I sold Jack the aftermarket pump, so far we have had real good luck with this. Most of the N20 kits we sell go with the pump upgrade. We just built a car 3 weeks ago with heads, cam & an Nx kit with the fuel pump upgrade, it made over 550 RWHP SAE corrected on motor. We are waiting for a clear day to get it to the track & see what it can do.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960