NY/CT Fall Foliage Cruise & Luncheon

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

First *** moved up to lead the pack,then Tiger moved up to lead the pack now the Wizard is calling us "SLOW Down Staters" damnnnnn I might have to hang with the Pres. and get 35,000 out of my tires

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

First *** moved up to lead the pack,then Tiger moved up to lead the pack now the Wizard is calling us "SLOW Down Staters" damnnnnn I might have to hang with the Pres. and get 35,000 out of my tires
Sadly, I'll never make 35,000. Close though....bastage!

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve + 1
Plum + 1
MDB + 1
BINBIT + 1
City + 1
Dimitrios + 1
Tiger + 1
Hostile + 1 + 1
Wizard
Albany Dave + 1
JK Viper +1
Les
Adam
AviP
LI Maria + 1
Jeff Torrey + 1
Tom Beggan - Guest/ Lotus Esprit Turbo
Juli & Mike
Ken (welcome back!)
Peter Berman + 1
_______

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone else is planning (or even seriously considering) joining us, PLEASE let me know....NOW!

We're better off allowing for a few extras than winding up a few short.....especially since in anticipation of this "all you can eat" luncheon, my dear brother MDB will be beginning his pre-event "value fast" on Thursday! ;)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll have copies available on the day of the drive, but you can print a copy of this:

8AM - Manhattan - 34th Street and 1st Avenue at the corner.

8AM - Long Island Cross Island Pwky parking area between the L.I.E and Throngs Neck Bridge. If you are taking the L.I.E its exit 31N. Once you get on the Cross Island Pkwy is about 1 mile on the right where the boat dock is located.

8:30AM - Exit 6 on the NYS Thruway at the Ardsley Rest Stop. This stop is about 15 miles north of the George Washington Br for vipers coming over the GW or Cross County Parkway areas).

9AM - Right after exit 15A on the NYS Thruway at the Sloatsburg Rest Stop. This is the rest stop north of the Tapan Zee Bridge. Meeting area great for anyone coming from the Garden State Pkwy, Palisades Pkwy and Taconic Pkwys.

Then up the NYS Thruway to Exit 17 (Rte 84E)
16 miles to Exit 16 North onto the Taconic Pkwy North.
Maybe CT and NE Vipers can meet us somewhere safe on the shoulder of the Taconic just north of that entrance ramp leading from RT 84 onto the Taconic at around 10AM

Taconic Parkway North to Route 295 East (3 miles before Parkway ends near Rte 90)
To Route 22 North
To Route 43 East
4 miles on Route 43 to Brodie Mountain Road. Turn right.
Watch for Jiminy Peak on your right hand side.

REMINDER- MEMBER PRICE IS $30 PP INCLUDING TAX, TIP AND RIDE COUPONS!

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mr. Pres. please add my buddy Ken with his Noble or Twin Turbo Porsche

A Welcome Back Ken Run! Glad to hear he will be joining us.

I know right. I am the leader now!!!!

Dave Dugal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Then up the NYS Thruway to Exit 17 (Rte 84E)
16 miles to Exit 16 North onto the Taconic Pkwy North.
Maybe CT and NE Vipers can meet us somewhere safe on the shoulder of the Taconic just north of that entrance ramp leading from RT 84 onto the Taconic at around 10AM

Taconic Parkway North to Route 295 East (3 miles before Parkway ends near Rte 90)
To Route 22 North
To Route 43 East
4 miles on Route 43 to Brodie Mountain Road. Turn right.
Watch for Jiminy Peak on your right hand side.

Hi Scott.

The New Englanders will be shooting down I-90 West, getting off at Route 22 in NY. According to Street Atlas, it's the most direct route. 3.5 hours Street Atlas time translates to about 3 hours in "real" time from NH. A group of us are congregating at the Westborough Service Plaza, just west of 495 on I-90 West, at 10am, giving us an ETA of ~lunchtime.

Meeting along the way would be fun, but I think the first place we cross paths is Route 22 North. The Taconic Parkway (again, based on Street Atlas) is about 20 miles too far west for us. Also, our schedule was getting us to Jiminy Peak at noon. To meet you in NY at 10am would mean we'd have to leave Massachusetts at 8am (and NH at 7am, and The Cape at 5:30am).

So far, we've got six Vipers from New England, and I'm working on two more. I vaguely recall several other people expressing interest at the Fitzgerald's Fall Foliage Run, so there could be a couple more stragglers. Plan on six cars and 10 mouths at the moment. If I get more confirmations, I'll update this thread and drop you e-mail.

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's great Dave (and completely understandable). Our trip is listed at 3 hours....but I'm sure it will be a 2.5 hour drive. I'll get you some of our cell phone numbers to make it easier to hook up on Rte 22.

I've got Jeff's RSVP's. How many are represented in your "New Englanders" group?

I was under the impression that the "invited" regions were in charge of all issues relating to weather. I would very much appreciate you're handling that matter.
;)

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve + 1
Plum + 1
MDB + 1
BINBIT + 1
City + 1
Dimitrios + 1
Tiger + 1
Hostile + 1 + 1
Wizard
Albany Dave + 1
JK Viper +1
Les
Adam
AviP
LI Maria + 1
Jeff Torrey + 1
Juli & Mike
Ken (welcome back!)
Peter Berman + 1
Finally
Dave Dugal + 1
_______

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve + 1
Plum + 1
MDB + 1
BINBIT + 1
City + 1
Dimitrios + 1
Tiger + 1
Hostile + 1 + 1
Wizard
Albany Dave + 1
JK Viper +1
Les
Adam
AviP
LI Maria + 1
Jeff Torrey + 1
Juli & Mike
Ken (welcome back!)
Peter Berman + 1
Finally
Dave Dugal + 1
Tom Keating + 1

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ACR Steve + 1
Plum + 1
MDB + 1
BINBIT + 1
City + 1
Dimitrios + 1
Tiger + 1
Hostile + 1 + 1
Wizard
Albany Dave + 1
JK Viper +1
Les
Adam
AviP
LI Maria + 1
Jeff Torrey + 1
Juli & Mike
Ken (welcome back!)
Peter Berman + 1
Finally
Dave Dugal + 1
Tom Keating + 1
Steve Johnson + 1
Keith Bub

Thanks D....now change your sig! Just leave it at "BEAST"! LOL

viperct2001

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

I'm in (+1), rain or shine.

>>Maybe CT and NE Vipers can meet us somewhere safe on the shoulder of the Taconic just north of that entrance ramp leading from RT 84 onto the Taconic at around 10AM

I'm coming from Danbury, CT so the Taconic seems like the easiest spot for me to meetup. So am I the only New Englander that will be pulled over to the shoulder just after getting onto the Taconic from I-84W?

Would be nice to know I won't be the lone Viper sitting on the side of the highway. Anyone?

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

check with CTViper, he lives in that area i think. im not sure if he's coming along though.

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re:

>>Maybe CT and NE Vipers can meet us somewhere safe on the shoulder of the Taconic just north of that entrance ramp leading from RT 84 onto the Taconic at around 10AM

I'm coming from Danbury, CT so the Taconic seems like the easiest spot for me to meetup. So am I the only New Englander that will be pulled over to the shoulder just after getting onto the Taconic from I-84W?

Would be nice to know I won't be the lone Viper sitting on the side of the highway. Anyone?

i think chuck tator might be there..not sure call him...

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Weather so far. yotony I HAVE THE GREEK EYE SO YOU WONT JINX US.

Sunday
Partly sunny

High Temperature: 68° F
RealFeel®: 63° F
Winds: WNW at 19 mph
Wind Gusts: 39 mph
Maximum UV: Moderate (3)
Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in
Amount of Rain: 0.00 in
Amount of Snow: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs
Sunday Night
Mainly clear

Low Temperature: 56° F
RealFeel®: 48° F
Winds: NW at 16 mph
Wind Gusts: 34 mph
Maximum UV: N/A
Thunderstorm Probability: 0%
Amount of Precipitation: 0.00 in
Amount of Rain: 0.00 in
Amount of Snow: 0 in
Hours of Precipitation: 0 hrs
Hours of Rain: 0 hrs

OP
OP
C

CitySnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Meanwhile, they've been predicting rain showers for the past 3 days and it's been dry!

Hard tops going on for sure. Those temps are for NYC. For the temp at Jiminy you can subract 15degrees for sure!

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Re:

Coming from Wallingford Ct!!! Via 84. So you will not be the only one!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shibbydude