NY/CT & NJ Track Day 8/11 at NJMSP

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Have a question,my car has no tail lights is this going to be a problem for me , can I be last in line ,or do i need to put a brake light on the rear of the car?

Russ

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
why no taillights?

id rather be in the middle or second to last with someone aware/cautious behind me, rather than having an inattentive civilian behind yapping on a cellphone or something.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Russ, a tail light would be nice . See if you can fabricate even a cheep brake light that would be temporary . Most of the race catalogues have a brake light you can add.If not we can still have you run in the expert group but try to have something if you can. You will need it with a lot of the sanctioning bodies you may run with.

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nationwide roadracecar? Im picturing you driving cross-country with your Viper on R-comps with no taillights, lol:)

Typically a dedicated trackcar would be trailered to events and still have functional brake lights(as most tech's require) You apparently have niether. Am i missing something here?

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow !!! just took a lap around via You-tube, looks like a great track, but don't know if I'll get more than a lap off my Nx Bottles. Also, I see where I hope guys will be working, couple of over the hill semi-blind spots.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Iksnay on the blind spot-ay. don't know what I was watchin, just re-watched another lap from a Porsche, what a great track, going to need to bring plenty of gas and brake pads

XXX BLK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Also a extra bonus from our very own NY/CT Member: John Tober

Hey guys:

With the track day comming up August 11 and Vipers Days 30 days later I would like to help out the guys who want to attend both events. To do that I would like to offer every person who attends the August 11 track event $100 off the Viper Days Pocono event (Fri-Sun) September 10-12. It can be combined with the VCA discount (for VCA members) for a total discount of $150. That will take the Viper Days weekend cost down from $695 to $545. That is a great deal. The offer is limited to your first 50 sign ups and they have to sign up for Viper Days before your event. :headbang:

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Adrian, this just keeps getting better!:D Early Registration has been extended through this week! That's right, get your registration forms in the mail and post-marked by July 25th to take advantage of the early bird discount! :drive::dance:

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Ok the motor and tranny is in,I am hoping to get it all squared away this weekend .Hopefully I can get the taillight issue out of the way

Russ

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, I've been trying to call Carolyn Watson @ 856 327 7216 at the track for accomodations, not much luck, anyone have another number to call ?
Thanks,
AC

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea, me too for the past week. finally returned my voicemail today. Turns out she only handles the Villas.($350/weeknight 3-bdrm)
To book a VIP Suite($97 1rm- 2sofabeds) you have to contact the Concierge at:
(856) 327-7202 [email protected]

I'd rather not spend the $$$ on a room for just myself. If i cant find someone to come along would anyone be interested in splitting a room with me?

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The room over the garages is what you guys want . They are as nice as any Hampton Inn and they are looking out onto the pits and front straight.

Just A Dream

Viper Owner
Reaction score
That Nader, for posting,Thanx Adrian I have been workin on this one for a year now, Hopefully it will be all done for the 11Th

Russ

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Registration is still open until Friday 8/6/10. Links to registration forms at the top of the page.
Register for our track event and get an additional $100 off Viper Days at Pocono September 10-12.
See
http://www.narraonline.com/ for details

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Please remember to check your helmets ( should be SA-2000 or SA-2005) no motorcycle helmets please. Also remember if you do not have a driving suit you will need to wear some sort of long sleeve shirt and pants. If you have any questions please e mail me [email protected]
Thanks

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may have fuel open but don't count on it . I would make arrangements to bring what you need. As for the food most people just bring a sandwich or something but you are more then welcome to barbeque. I am lucky if I have time to eat a banana all day :)

OP
OP
V

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They may have fuel open but don't count on it . I would make arrangements to bring what you need. As for the food most people just bring a sandwich or something but you are more then welcome to barbeque. I am lucky if I have time to eat a banana all day :)

I'm trying to get my Viper tuned in time before track day so I'm not sure if I'll be on the track or not, yet. However, would it be okay if I bring a portable BBQ grill with me and cook up a storm for everyone? If I can't be on the track then I'll cook.

ACR steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Tony bring your whole kitchen if you like :) no restrictions on cooking at a race track Stop cooking and go get that car tuned

Dom426h

Enthusiast
Reaction score
same here, just got done my motor/trans mounts(what a PITA), next up: bleeding the brakes.

Great idea on the BBQ Dream, If someone is definitely bringing a grill i will pick up one of those jumbo packs of hotdogs and a bunch of buns to contribute.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456