OCM?

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like it may be that shiny box under the driver's seat.

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No, that is a passway gate module or something like that. Anyway, I don't need the info anymore, I found my problem....

OP
OP
V

Venom08

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was having an airbag light that stayed on. The SRT engineer said that it may be a bad OCM, so I was wondering where the module was located. I fixed it though. I had scheduled a visit to the dealer Friday, but I decided tonight to check the plugs on the seats one more time. I looked at them real close and noticed that on the passenger plug one of the wires looked pushed out a little more than the others. I DISCONNECTED THE BATTERY, then unplugged it. For some reason when I plugged it in one of the pins did not line up perfectly or something and had pushed itself out some. So this wire was not making contact when plugged in. Anyway, I got some small needle nose pliers and pulled the pin back in the plug. Plugged it up, hooked the battery back up and checked it....light went off! I am so happy that I will not have to go to the dealer now.

SRT Engineers

SRT Engineers
VCA Member
Reaction score
The OCM module is actually attached to the passenger seat in GEN IV cars... It reads a silicone bladder to check the passengers weight and determine whether or not to fire the passenger air bag.

Glad you found the pin pushout... (easy fix)

Viperless

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The OCM module is actually attached to the passenger seat in GEN IV cars... It reads a silicone bladder to check the passengers weight and determine whether or not to fire the passenger air bag.

Glad you found the pin pushout... (easy fix)

So what is the silver box under the driver's seat?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VenomXX