Official 2011 Tail of the Dragon Thread

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Its possible we will be doing the Skyway. Warren is checking to see what route we'd need to take.

Just spoke with Chad...there WILL be a Southern approach to the Skyway that will get them there at the approximate same time as the Western & Northern group. Tellico Plains is going to be really crowded...We'll have to make sure to get gas and some quick food. One good thing...the majority of the group will be together and several haven't done the Skyway before.

More people are signing up, so another (final "Final") itinerary release will be sent out tomorrow night.

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So we have a group coming from the north and I want to make sure we're there on time. We need to be at ******* Barrel in Knoxville before 10:30am correct? Because I think the group there is leaving at 10:30am sharp. We will have 4 in our convoy.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If anyone is coming up 75 to Knoxville or to meet the Western group in Ocoee, I'm meeting another local Viper right off of exit 11 in Ooltewah, TN at the Midnight Oil gas station. We will meet there at 9:30 and depart for the Ocoee to meet up with everyone else. Just let me know if you're coming that way and want to meet us to caravan to meet up with the bigger group.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
TomDawg, you'll probably catch a few of us that see you on the way up. Isn't there a McDonald's near that 64/411 intersection? That's were some are headed to.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 64/411 area. I just know we need to head to that area. I'm sure we'll see the all the Vipers. Do we want to make the McDonalds near there the official meeting point in Ocoee? If y'all are passing by exit 11 around 9:30, let me know.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
************* Update ***** Friday Lunch Special *****************

There are about 44 cars based on registrations, hotel lists and word-of-mouth (really, how hard is it to take a 1 minute poll and save some time for some poor soul digging for info?). This means we're liable to go over 50 if the weather is good.

Since the 3 major groups are meeting in Tellico Plains at lunch, we will have to scramble to get gas and food. If you want to get a call-ahead, I'm sending in an order to Tellico Grains Bakery via email (he prefers it that way). The sandwiches must be cold because they'll make them up ahead of time. They are $6.75 (web site is wrong) and we can get a special box lunch (sandwich, chip, cookie) for $7.75. You can look at the menu at http://tellico-grains-bakery.com and place your pickup order at http://3199996.polldaddy.com/s/tellico-grains-box-lunch-friday-lunch-pickup-order

You can choke lunch down while we're doing the pit-move-park-move stop thing at the Exxon station or save it for our Skyway restroom/view stop about an hour down the road. I prefer to eat while driving with my knees just to hear my wife yelling at me (can't hear so much in a viper). Many seemed to get by with a heavy breakfast and some snacks until supper, but the opportunity to get a decent lunch is here if you want.

MUST ORDER BY 7:00pm CST Thursday! It's short notice, but there if you want.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with the 64/411 area. I just know we need to head to that area. I'm sure we'll see the all the Vipers. Do we want to make the McDonalds near there the official meeting point in Ocoee? If y'all are passing by exit 11 around 9:30, let me know.

If there's one there, it's official; otherwise, it will be the nearest lot/gas station to the intersection. The intersection was the best place for any North GA members wanting to caravan.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at 2am this morning my passenger officially cancelled due to breaking her ankle and tearing tendons in her foot yesterday. To say I'm not disappointed would be the biggest lie ever told.

Mopar Boy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well at 2am this morning my passenger officially cancelled due to breaking her ankle and tearing tendons in her foot yesterday. To say I'm not disappointed would be the biggest lie ever told.

So sorry to hear that Chad. :(

My heart goes out to you!

Last edited:

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We'll take photos instead. Besides with your skills you'll have a replacement by the time this gets posted (8 am). LOL:D

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You sure it wasn't self inflicted after she realized what spending an entire weekend with you would be like?

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You sure it wasn't self inflicted after she realized what spending an entire weekend with you would be like?

She's a big Viper fan. I'm pretty sure the other 40+ cars being there would make up for having to be with me. I told her we'd put a cooler of ice in the floorboard so she could ice it all weekend and I'd buy her crutches. I'm trying here lol

jmillsUT28

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good news guys! Got the car running at 2:20am last night!! Started right up and run like it should run. Doing the break in today and changing the fluids and should be good to go for this weekend. Hoping to see everyone tomorrow morning!!!

Jon

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dude that's cold. No wonder Chad said you could sleep on the floor. I wouldn't let you in the house after that.

He texting me this morning and siad there was room in the house now that his date wasn't going to be able to make it. I assume that meant there was opening in his bed now, so I was sure as hell glad I had already booked the other chalet!:rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::bonker::hitwithrock:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
He texting me this morning and siad there was room in the house now that his date wasn't going to be able to make it. I assume that meant there was opening in his bed now, so I was sure as hell glad I had already booked the other chalet!:rolaugh::rolaugh::lmao::bonker::hitwithrock:

Did he offer you big spoon or little spoon??

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're only quasi-friends so that conversation has definitely never come up.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Brett,
Is the hotel providing security like the other hotel did last year? It was nice knowing that someone was watching over 2 million plus in cars. If not I'd call them and request it. Shouldn't be an issue considering the revenue almost 50 cars/guests are giving them.
Sal

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I didn't see any security per say, but it is just off the main drag and they said we could park anywhere. There is a nice hidden area behind the hotel. Also we are sharing the hotel with about 40-50 Ford-Mercury guys. Little older, but just as passionate.

MADDMAXS57

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got in to Country Cascades. There is a large grassy area for parking trailers, have mine parked there. As 99 R/T states there is a parking area behind the hotel as well as ample parking in front.

OP
OP
B

bboyer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
******* FINAL UPDATE *************************

Changes: "LEAVE" times in bold. Different restaurant for Friday night.

Latest itinerary packet (with contact info) is being emailed to those who signed up. Here's the 1st page:

[FONT=&quot]Tail of the Dragon/Smokey Mountain Run Weekend[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Viper Club of America[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]2011 Itinerary[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Friday June 3rd Knoxville or Ocoee->Tail->Pigeon Forge[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
9:00am Early birds begin arriving to eat, gas, meetup
10:30am LEAVING to cruise to Cherahola Market/Exxon
12:00pm Arrive Cherahola Market/Exxon, meetup with other members, get gas, food. Call ahead for box lunch pickup at Tellico Grains Bakery if desired
[/FONT][FONT=&quot](423) 253-6911[/FONT][FONT=&quot]…not much time to eat on the road!
12:45pm Cherahola Skyway to Deal’s Gap
3:15 pm Arrive at Deal's Gap, meetup with GA/SC members
3:45pm Tail of the Dragon @ Deal’s Gap, Cruise to Pigeon Forge via Foothills Pkwy
6:00pm Check-in at Country Cascades
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]7:30pm[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Leave for 8:00 dinner at Texas Roadhouse[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]9:30pm Door Prizes and Charity Auction – Hotel Banquet room (Tentative)

Saturday June 4th Pigeon Forge->Smokies->Gatlinburg-Pigeon Forge
8:00-9:45am Breakfast, car cleanup, gas
10:00am LEAVING for Mountain Cruise (Clingman's Dome, Lunch)
5:30pm Return to room
6:30pm Leave for Gatlinburg (Parade!)
7:00pm Dinner/Sightseeing/Shopping
9:30ish Return to Pigeon Forge (on your own)
9:30pm Door Prizes and Charity Auction – Hotel Banquet room (If not held Friday)
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
Sunday June 5th Pigeon Forge->Home
9:00am Breakfast
10:00 TBD group cruising/drive home

Some items you’ll want to bring:
[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Small cooler of drinks, snacks[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Camera[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]2-way radio tuned to channel 10.0 (NOTE: Usually can borrow an extra from someone!)[/FONT]
· [FONT=&quot]Comfortable clothes for driving![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Host Hotel Info: [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tellico Grains Bakery – 828-498-2141[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Country Cascades [/FONT][FONT=&quot]Deal’s Gap Store - [/FONT][FONT=&quot]800-889-5550[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]204 Sharon Road[/FONT][FONT=&quot] Fontana Village Resort (Wildwood Grill) - [/FONT][FONT=&quot](828) 498-2211[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
(865) 428-1194
[/FONT]

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great. 129 is just as capable if not better at times depending on location. Just checked the site. Great location. Are they bring MODELS too?????

No, a member got us discounts from US129photos and this guy will be there: www.AmericanCarsAmericanGirls.com The only group shot we could get in the area would be at that same site (and we have a planned stop there)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Callaghen