OH MY GOD! The new coupe is a WOW!

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know some of the viper guys don't want to hear this, but Chevy did a better job with the new Z06. The viper coupe will have no performance gain, two years of research and development was just slapping on a roof.

The Z06, however, has countless new technology and a huge performance increase. I just don't know what's going on with DC these days. The story would be different if GM didn't have Lutz. Also, note that now the Z06 and Viper are practically the same height and width. I don't think one will have much more presence than the other.

TacDoc

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are seeing Lutz doing what he does best. I will not dispense of my current Vipers, I just don't see adding the new Viper hardtop when the Z06 will give me so much more track ability. Looks like I'll be joining the Vette ranks at ViperDays. Time for Skip to change the name from ViperDays to Supercar Challenge.

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Frankly, I agree with Hisserman. DC has had two years to design the coupe. I just cannot imagine that the Z06 was a huge suprise. I hope DC does some further fine tuning on the coupe because they did not hit a "home run" and the "wow" factor and passion for the car seems to be waning IMHO.

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with your post. I don't agree with the 'presence' aspect of the competition. You can't define presence when the moniker has 35k less siblings used as commuters.

jwwiii

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello;

The new Coupe is exactly what the membership on this board requested!

Everyone has wanted the looks of the old GTS and the improvements of the SRT braking/handling, etc. Those here who don't OWN Vipers don't understand how LOW it is to the ground. A Comp Coupe for the street wouldn't have enough ground clearance.

No, we didn't get any more power; but if you read the mags, you will see that the New SRT Coupe has 30% MORE STRUCTURAL RIGIDITY! That extra 30% cuts time on the track in transitions. Less time per lap= more performance!

The Coupe looks GREAT in my opinion! Truly, an up-dated GTS. We even got Stripes and the beloved GTS Metallic Blue.

Way to go Dodge!

Jim W.

PRVT JET

Viper Owner
Reaction score
All they needed was 45hp more, compare the '02 models. The 450hp viper outperformed the 405hp zo6 in every test, even if the vette was 300lbs lighter.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I for one can't wait to see it in person, maybe the Philly auto show will have one.

Most cars just look 10 times better in person than in any photograph.

I think it looks good!! As for the Nay Sayers, some people just hate change.

Guyver1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Very true. A few of my friends were very skeptical of the SRT-10 back in '03, all they had seen were pictures. I remember one absolutely hated Vipers, thought they were ugly as sin. So I trucked them down to a local dealership that had one in the showroom. Instant love, and the one that hated them? She became the biggest Viper fan I knew. They all could just not get over how incredible the car looked in-person.

And Remember, this is the SRT-10, the car that everyone likes to crap on and talk about the "timeless" design (timeless my ass, dated is more appropriate) of the Gen2.

I think she said it best when I asked her which Gen she liked the most.

"I like them all, each one has its own special qualities, they're all Vipers."

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We are seeing Lutz doing what he does best. I will not dispense of my current Vipers, I just don't see adding the new Viper hardtop when the Z06 will give me so much more track ability. Looks like I'll be joining the Vette ranks at ViperDays. Time for Skip to change the name from ViperDays to Supercar Challenge.

Exactly.

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Timeless//////.......

Those old Shelby cars look dated too. Or some of the old Ferraris. Dated is defintiely bad.

Dated is not in my vocabulary.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Heh, thanks Snakebitten, as I have wondered why we can't get another red in there besides Viper Red, and the candy apple with Stripes rendition just blew me away. They do that and they may not have to worry about folks fighting over the Blue and Whites - that is a stunning color. Yes, Hans, Jon, Ron, Paul, Chris, Ralph, Dean, Troy, Mike, etc., I like the YELLOW one too,ha,ha!!!

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the best, but you get the idea.

55801.jpg

Damn that yellow looks good!!!! :2tu:

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The coupe is gorgeous. I don't understand all the haters. It's looks so similar to the GTS..sleeker, etc. I guess you can't please all the people all the time. Sheeeit, most of the haters like the C6, go buy your C5 with outside headlights..oh.....sorry C6 LOL!

G

OP
OP
N

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looks very good from this angle, the extra rear rake since VOI8 makes a difference. It might not be a comp coupe but its a big improvement on the prototype. That car will still be recognized as a Viper anywhere.

You hit the nail on the head with what I saw!!!!!!

The car is still recognized by ANYONE as a Viper, where the SRT-10 is not!!!!!

dirk989

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It looks good in pics, but I'm sure it looks much better in person.

The lines of the SRT-10 are very ****, but are not as pronounced as the GenI and II cars. You simply do not see the curves and lines in photos. I didn't really like the Gen III when I first saw a picture. Then I saw one in person and owned it literally 10 minutes later.

I'm sure the coupe is a real looker in person.

Dirk

STUGOTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I LOVE the looks of the new coupe however I think DC should have boosted the hp/tq a little bit maybe they dident so the SRT/10 owners wouldent be pisst who knows either way it sux.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with the HP statement STU, but with the V10 it's just TOO easy to get more HP (cat delete, filter, headers, cat back). Besides, I never keep a car stock, so what's the issue? ;)

Gerald

00prowler

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a Gen 2 owner, I still like the looks of the the new coupes as well as the SRT converible. They are all beautiful in there own way no doubt...Until the Z06 hits the sreets I wouldnt worry, talk is cheap AL..00PROWLER..

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I agree with the HP statement STU, but with the V10 it's just TOO easy to get more HP (cat delete, filter, headers, cat back). Besides, I never keep a car stock, so what's the issue? ;)

Gerald

Mustang guys say the same thing. There isn't anything wrong with that, but just think about it next time a mustang guy starts telling you why his car is so great and the viper is a waste of money.

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't worry about the Mustangs, but that new Ford GR-1 with a 605 hp V-10 in it bothers me though.

6594GR1_side.jpg

But maybe I shouldn't be bothered. They're promising 2006 production . . . so, if a guy was to put down a deposit . . . hmmmmm!!

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just about finished. Only thing left of substance is the final dyno check. Probably 2 months to go :(

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gerald

Correct. A Viper engine is like a raw diamond. You can make so much better with minimal effort and money. Something that can not be said about some of the other sports cars around.
Doesn't look like the ZO6 will leave a lot of room for modification.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both on the cover of Februarys Automobile mag. The coupe looks much better than in previous photos and it is the feature of the second page index.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4