Oil lift drain

viperDoug

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am looking to buy an oil drain container used for a car lift (kind with the neck that raises up) and was wondering if anyone here could recommend a good one. I have found several online but some look cheap so I thought I would ask.
Thanks!

CCBrian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got a great one at Habor Freight of all places. Was several hundred dollars but well built. You use pressurized air to drain it out and then we take the old oil in jugs to Kragens to recycle. Used it to change oil on threee cars yeterday (Mercedes/Viper/Infinity)...fully adjustable.

hou99gts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did mine on the lift yesterday with a 5 gallon bucket on a small table (or you could use a ladder of some sort if you need more height). Just another idea for ya-

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I must have the same one as CCBrian. From Harbor Freight about 6-8 years ago. Holds 20 gallons or so. As such I only empy it every few years. Only wish I have is for a lid to cover the bowl.

viperdrummer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John Dow industries makes a bunch. I have a 5 gallon with a high reach. Lots of web sites sell them. Also get a splash pad --big help.