Ok I will bite...

InjectTheVenom

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The new Viper aero package consists of small added lips for downforce, why has the choice been made for this instead of the wing and splitter that was offered on the gen 4's?

Ev1E9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Perhaps it is a way to differentiate the GTS and SRT from the possible ACR variant that may be released in the future. Remember, the Gen IV ACR was not released initially. GM did not release the C6 Z06 and ZR1 right away either, and I doubt they will release the C7 versions right away. The aero package is just that...the aero package for the GTS and SRT. I believe the Gen V ACR will get the wing, splitter and canards, but we will not see it for a while.

Last edited:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yea I bet this ^

Also a nice option for guys looking for funtional aero but who aren't into wings & prefer spoilers ... like me. ;-)

I'd buy an ACR in a hearbeat, not saying it's not a beauty of form & function, just that if I could choose between funciton aero in a spoiler or wing, I'd go spoiler.

I really like where they're going, having post-production packages and upgrades from SRT is cool.

emericr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
X2. I really dig the options being offered and I much prefer the spoiler versus the large wing in the back.

Yea I bet this ^

Also a nice option for guys looking for funtional aero but who aren't into wings & prefer spoilers ... like me. ;-)

I'd buy an ACR in a hearbeat, not saying it's not a beauty of form & function, just that if I could choose between funciton aero in a spoiler or wing, I'd go spoiler.

I really like where they're going, having post-production packages and upgrades from SRT is cool.

ROCKET62

Has Left the Room!
Reaction score
Seems to me that this also addresses the desire by many for a more pronounced duck-bill. I thought some of the initial feedback was that the rear end needed more lip - and it was supposedly going to be done - but appears that it never was changed.

SADVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the only thing I'd really weally want from the acr is the color combo design!

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SRT aero kit is tastefully done. Kudos. Should've made it a factory option...I bet many would check that box...

klamathpro

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Seems to me that this also addresses the desire by many for a more pronounced duck-bill. I thought some of the initial feedback was that the rear end needed more lip - and it was supposedly going to be done - but appears that it never was changed.

Again, something that's different up close. In pics the duck-tail fin appears to be more subtle than the original GTS. But in person it's clear that the duck-tail is actually more aggressive than the original. Hence, the slightly higher drag co-efficient hit. The GEN2 had a drag of 0.350 and the new one is 0.364 or 0.365 depending on which page of the brochure you read.