One HOT 2009 Viper ACR!

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After years and years of looking at Vipers, you would think they might grow a little old on you. Not so. Besides getting a thrill every time we see ours in the garage, occasionally we will catch a glimpse of a new color configuration that just blows us away. This is definitely one of those times!

It started out like this:

mcn1.jpg

And ended up looking like this!

mcn2.jpg

And no garage queen here, this one has already seen plenty of track time...

mcn3.jpg

mcn4.jpg

It is so easy to see why many of us fall in love with the Viper over and over again. Congrats to the new owner who I suspect will be posting here shortly! :2tu:

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Chris for the new wayyyy cool avatar and posting the pics of my newly completed 2009 ACR. I love the white car but my rockers will never, ever be that clean again I'm afraid! Soft, hot, black tire rubber marks are really hard to get off of that 3M protectant covering.

What do you guys think about the wheels. Both sets are the OEM sidewinders but the ones with the Hoosier slicks have black barrels while the ones with my "street" tires, the Pilot Sport Cups have red barrels. Which ones look best?

SkyBob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car!

Why are the Tejas inspection stickers way up there I thought that was illegal?

It's probably as illegal as not having a front license plate on cars in states that require them. It's only a problem if the cop that sees it wants to make it a problem.

Bob

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice. I like the stock black rims better though. Not feeling the black/red rim treatment.

VipeRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Man,what a sweet looking ride.I like the red/black combo best.It will most certainly turn many of heads...for that second look!

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just looks incredible. I saw the first picture and thought now what could be done to the white to make it look good as white to me just looks to plain. Wow the red stripes and red accented rims look amazing. I love it

Bobpantax

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The red wheels are interesting. I think it might look a tad better if the brake calipers were black instead of red.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car!

Why are the Tejas inspection stickers way up there I thought that was illegal?
It may be but I put them there because they interfere with my view of the track and where to apex. So far so good. The same with no front license plate, I put it on the dash in the passenger front windshield which is legal. If you put it on the front of the car, when you woodchuck in the weeds, it will rip up your bumper.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the black and red.:2tu:
Thank you! I love the black and red rims too. I almost put some stickers on the rockers like Mark Jorgensen did on his car. I have one of the Ring stickers courtesy of Jon B above the ACR badge on each side now which looks cool.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The red wheels are interesting. I think it might look a tad better if the brake calipers were black instead of red.
They will be later after a few more track sessions. The red calipers love to turn dark when they get really hot on the track in the summer.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That just looks incredible. I saw the first picture and thought now what could be done to the white to make it look good as white to me just looks to plain. Wow the red stripes and red accented rims look amazing. I love it
It was really funny when I drove him home from Woodhouse in Neb., I didn't realize how much the black and white looked like a police car until I got home. But nobody wanted to pass me which is very unusual, they always want to blow by like they're really in a hot car. The police car look explained it though, they all were afraid and would slam on their brakes and fall back behind me.

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheryl great car! that is an awesome color combo. I like the red on the spokes of the rims and the lip but not the barrel. BTW 'Turtle wax - Bug and Tar remover' works great at getting the rubber off the 3M protective film. I just detailed my car and was able to get rubber from somewhere in the 90s off my sills with this stuff.:2tu:

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that car is completely sick!! Congrats on the new ride.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cheryl great car! that is an awesome color combo. I like the red on the spokes of the rims and the lip but not the barrel. BTW 'Turtle wax - Bug and Tar remover' works great at getting the rubber off the 3M protective film. I just detailed my car and was able to get rubber from somewhere in the 90s off my sills with this stuff.:2tu:
Thanks for the tip, I will give that a try.

cheryl mccally

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow that car is completely sick!! Congrats on the new ride.
Thanks so much for the kind words and the cleaning tips. I love the white car but I have already clay bar and waxed him 3 times in 3 months. He's a really hard keeper.