You must be registered for see images

Last edited:

BlknBlu

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ouch that looks a little pricey, I do not think this is the first Gen4 to be wrecked though.

Bruce

mbccenter

Legacy Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I fixed one up at the begging of the year. I would not mind getting that one. Looks like a challenge.

Art 138

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said and hope he does not have USAA. Zero percent int. on new ACRs now too. The hazards of tracking.

I have had my previous Viper and the current ACR with USAA insurance.. are they not offering insurance to ACRs anymore??????

VIPER GTSR 91

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have had my previous Viper and the current ACR with USAA insurance.. are they not offering insurance to ACRs anymore??????
Guess you missed my long discussed thread exactly a year ago when my GTS was stolen out of my garage and totalled an hour later by the thief. I HAD usaa and had to hire an attorney as they initially refused to pay a dime. Their idea was that the car was modified and used at track events even though the claim had NOTHING to do with such. Yes, they will sell you ins. for an ACR but pray you never have a claim. Was with them for 25 years too and a great record but that did not make a difference.

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
off topic, but here is a real loser doing a spin in an 05 viper: [media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W0vTyGaWCZ0&feature=related[/media]

2000_Black_RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Unfortunate! You should see the cars we build.. full carbon fibre body race cars.. completed one day, then totally trashed and wrecked.. that's racing!

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes, even in my mostly stock '94 in third gear up that hill the wheels will break loose - you best be aimed straight! And most incidents are when the car lands... That is my chicken turn.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
At the track where it should be. Awesome. The guy should be congratulated for tracking it and not trashing it into a street light like so many idiots do.

ViperGal

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The guy that trashed teh Bugatti in Galveston on his company website said he is buying vipers for salvage titles ... fyi.

So sorry to hear - glad you are okay!

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, glad nobody was seriously hurt. Are the rear of the cars actually getting airborne coming over the crest???....it also looks like the flagger was waving yellow. I wonder if it was for the Viper or some other incident that made the ACR do something that made him go off track.

I was at Infineon today for a Track Masters driving deal and a fairly nice Porsche went off in turn 7. Not a tremendous amount of damage, but I'm still guessing about $25k worth.

George

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Airborne or light, dunno. Wheelspin in 3rd with 400hp car on Kumhos, yes. (Doesn't happen in 4th, so that's one correction.) Car takes off in direction of front wheels when rears hook up again. Because you are finishing a right turn as you crest, drivers tend to swerve right when landing. I'm no expert but try to drive the uphill so that I'm heading straight a little sooner than what seems normal. Probably a better line, so that explains my mediocre lap times.

The back straight leading to the uphill is ~110MPH when I stop looking at the gauges and that big old honking wing didn't help save the guy, so I'm guessing his speed was faster than me. Wonder if those skid marks were from the ACR. Yikes.

The Youtube author has another video of a longer session so you can see the entire track and hear his engine rev up over the hill.
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JjEc5lAMI0&feature=channel[/media]

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang