Opinions on this new Viper VARARAM intake?

VinR1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive already said that I dont work for Dodge, nor do I know the true reason for adding the NACA duct - Im only providing the information Ive learned to try to figure out which intake is in fact the best. NACA ducts are nothing more than fancy holes cut into objects - they can be used for both intake and exhaust ports. Again, I dont work for Dodge, nor can I provide the true reason for its placement on the GenIIs - I can only give an educated guess as to its purpose.

Ive done nothing more than give educated responses to your questions and I get insulted by an idiot who, for some odd reason, feels the need to argue with EVERYONE on this forum. Ill be purchasing a Gen I so wont have to worry about NACA ducts at all. Figure out their purpose on your own - Im done with this topic

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
VinR1,
The question was about NACA ducts.

You said that you have a masters in Aerospace Engineering from Texas A&M University.

You said,
"NACA ducts CAN be used as an inlet to provide air and positive pressure, BUT their original and most beneficial purpose is to create a vacuum to remove air..."

You said,
"If my race car history serves me correctly, they were originally designed to REMOVE air and pressure from engine compartments"

You said,
"I honestly feel that DC's purpose for adding the NACA duct was to provide an outlet for the stream of air coming up from behind the bumper cover... "

I say,
The NACA duct was designed as an low drag air intake for aircraft.
Isn't that right?

I say,
The NACA duct is not used by design, as an air exhaust port.
Isn't that right?

If you believe the NACA duct is used by design as an air exhaust port,
please give an example.

Now VinR1, I'm going to make it very plain.

The statements you made about the NACA duct being used by design as an air exhaust port
ARE WRONG.

You may have a masters in Aerospace Engineering but you do not understand the purpose of a NACA duct or how it works.

This is a technical issue and YOU ARE WRONG. Did you hear that college boy?

Joe117 says you are WRONG.

And all the insults and name calling isn't going to get me to start a pi$$ing contest to cloud the issue.

As far as me wanting to argue with everyone on this subject, well, it's a technical issue. There is a right and wrong. Opinions are worth something in the absence of fact. However, the facts when they are available, trump opinion.
I see no virtue in avoiding controvery in technical discussion.

So, VinR1,
It's up to you. Lots of people are watching to see what you are going to do.
You can hide, you can get mad and run away, you can say joe is an idiot, you can do all sorts of things to avoid the technical issue.
Or,
You can back up your technical statements with fact or admit that you are WRONG.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edmonton,
Vipair deflects air from the front of the car into the air box intake area.

Vararam seems to have an actual intake in that area with enclosed ductwork all the way to the TB's.

The enclosed duct being the major difference. The scientific principal isn't the same for both systems.

That is why I feel that if either system is going to give any pressure boost, it will be the system with enclosed ductwork.

I don't see my comments as being inconsistent and I don't feel boxed in.

By the way,
Is Vipair claiming any pressure boost inside the airbox?

GTS-R 001

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe,

I guess what you are saying that if the Vipair™ included a piece that blocked off the NACA duct ( the only opening ) in order to become a fully sealed unit ( ie no pressure able to escape ) then it would be worthy of your acceptance? And would be the superior product since it would then be the only product taking high pressure air from the front of the car and routing it directly into the stock air box ( note caps would have to be installed on the drain holes as well)

OP
OP
V

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Boy...I never thought asking this question would get all of you so stressed out! I'm convinced at this point that there is no Viper VARARAM owner in existance. Or at least nobody who will admit it!

Rich

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Edmonton,
I'm not saying that the Vararam will actually work. What I am saying is that if you look at their device, you will see that it takes air in and ducts it to the TBs inside a closed duct.
I think it has a chance of working.

Your device is simply a deflector. The air deflected by your system is not ducted. It is directed in the direction of the stock air intake.
I don't think it has much chance of working.

Now, I'm only telling you my opinion. I haven't done any testing. The tests that you supported, done by RussM showed no gain for Vipair. I didn't see that test. You didn't see the test.

PDCjonny

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I miss joe117 he was a great poster and usually spot on in his analytical style.

treesnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
But what oil should i use??????????????????

Classic...:lmao:

Or...

What's the best exhaust system?

And the all time classic as referred to by "Dave666"..

Does the Vipair really work?..

(no offense intended GTS-R 001...)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jpolen21