Padding on 2008 Hood?

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have gotten to install an after market 2008 type hood on my 2006 SRT and I wonder what you do with the inside of the hood as the padded material of the 2006 does not fit with the bigger vents of the newer hood?

I have been considering heat resistant material that has adhesive in order to protect heating the paint but also to decrease any noise.

What have you done?

Attachments

• Viper ny huv 006.jpg
    Viper ny huv 006.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 33

10 BANGER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Leave it the way it is. (excess weight)
I'm in SoCal without any insulation on mine w/out any paint issues. Noise?

You must be registered for see images
[/URL][/IMG]

Slithr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I went with the '08 OEM hood on my '03 SRT/10, and was able to use the '08 OEM pad? Not sure if the OEM pad would fit your aftermarket version though? Marv Rose in Fresno CA, had a local body shop change my hood before shipping the car, maybe he/they could answer your question better. I believe the only issue I have now is the '08 hood doesn't quite align with the '03 air box.

Black Moon

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I priced a hood liner at the dealer today. $128 but they lowered it to $119 plus 6 plastic pins at like $4.84 each. So $150 plus tax. No thanks.

OP
OP
M

mayo_pasco

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies I was mostly concerned about the paint but it looks like that is not an issue!

I have B&B exhaust and Sean Roe cats on so it is louder from the side than from the front in any case