PAGING VPRKILR... VPRKILR...

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images

So what's the new license plate going to say, Steve? May I make a few suggestions?
V10BAIT
NEEDNOS
LST2BEN
GOTOWND
or my personal fav
VIPR8ME

I'm looking forward to our next round
smile.gif

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounded like fun!

Too bad he couldnt' beat a stock viper. Time to change the plates, agreed.

About

ONDBYBEN

V10ONSME

hehe

Gerald

HogWhisperer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Ben. Way to go. BTW, GREAT light! Your .534 to his .687 ? There was over a tenth just at the light! Someone needed to tell him to leave on the third yellow.

Here are a couple of other suggestions for his new plates:

VPR LNCH

VPR SNAK

2ND FIDL

Sounded like you guys had fun. Cheers to all parties involved!

SMCBUILDERSINC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Treynor, If you dont mind me asking, what would it cost to replicate your red gts? How much does it cost and where did you purchase that killer front end and wing. Also, what mods are done to your red gts. Nice run too. Thanks

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben, You did take his license plate and hang it up in the den with all the stuffed wild animal heads didn't you?

I think he has room on the plate for 1 more letter

XVPRKLR

Sounds like fun. I wanted to go but couldn't get out of work until 5:15 meaning I couldn't get to Sacto until nearly 7 pm. I never got an email from Vipr killer about the race times so I figured if gates opened at 4, I missed it.

What happened to the Honda?

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
SMC,
All the bodywork etc. on my car are done by Autoform. I think they pretty much threw their catalog at this car
smile.gif
I know they sell many of the parts separately, including the front facia, wing and splitter. I don't know the price, since I bought the car as a completed unit from Woodhouse Dodge. You could contact them or Parts Rack for a quote...
The Dayona has a bone stock motor and exhaust, other than the standard intake tubes & K&Ns. In addition to the Daytona package, I've added a Fluidyne radiator, Valaya fan kit, 180-degree thermostat, and UNITRAX half-shafts. For these races, I was running on CCW drag race wheels & ET streets.

Varanus,
Racing was actually from 6-10pm; there will be plenty of other grudge nights, so we'll hook up (pun intended) soon enough. Gates opened at 4:30 for tech, which took all of 30 seconds. See http://www.sacramentoraceway.com
The turbo Civic never showed up. Perhaps something unexpected came up...

Reaction score
You go Ben! Great time slips! I'm wearing an ear to ear smile right now.

The time slips:

- You got him on reaction time while he was sleeping.
- Your 60 foot shows how ET's are established 60 feet out.
- He started pulling ******* you but he ran out of track
smile.gif

Excellent race!!!!!!!

Scott J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
treynor:

Congrats! Thanks for posting the results, as I had been eagerly awaiting the news. Those are the times for your stock Viper - excellent!

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll reiterate -- it was great racing, Steve, and you're taking your 4-0 pounding in good spirits
bounce.gif

As for whether a T-78 and 650 RWHP will keep you in the "VPRKILR" ranks... I dunno, I've got this yellow RT which will be ready about the same time as yours. Maybe we'll have a rematch?
bounce.gif

Also, where are those videos??? We want to see that "laughing ricer burnout"
laugh.gif
The natives are growing restless...

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sounds like Fun..

Ben, If his modified Supra is done before yours comes back you can always throw some slicks on mine so you can pound on him even more..
bounce.gif

Modified against modified.

smile.gif
I had to throw a smilie in there since I'm so misunderstood. heh

Gerald

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my Supra was BPU+ I trapped 97.9mph in the eighth and 123 in the quarter.I still wouldnt claim to be a Viper killer.I think once you go single you can lay claim to that title.

Joe

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverSupra:
Hahahaha.......

Ya..there was some laughing after the second race when I couldn't do a burnout because I was getting some SEVERE wheel hop and had to stop. Maybe 8psi more in one tire is a bad thing.....hahahha

Ohh well......460/475 torque is more power than any viper with bolt ons around here!!!
and if you think about it.......I only have 3 bolt ons..
FMIC
DOWNPIPE
EXHAUST

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dont forget your boost controller,BCC,intake,springs and upgraded clutch.These are also "bolt ons" youve obviously done and help contribute to your ET immensely.It takes an awful lot just to hang with a stock Viper.

Joe

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Calling out Mr. Ben.
Congradulations on putting that boosted 6 cylinder in it's place. Just curious, Are you up to a boosted 8 cylinder? It's been a while since I have been to Sac (08/98)but for the right race, I would definetly make the trip.
Greg D
San Diego, Ca

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Greg,
I'll happily race anybody. If you're going to trek all the way up from San Diego for a race, I'll be there. However, there's not much point in drag racing your 9-second Nova against my wife's 11-second Viper -- it'd be about as close as if I "called you out" for a roadrace at, say, Laguna Seca
smile.gif
The races with Steve were good fun because we both knew the cars were closely matched...

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ben
Your correct about there not being much point in racing your wife's Viper. Actually, I was thinking more along the lines of racing your "01 Viper RT/10 , currently in the queue for an intercooled stage III supercharger at Doug Levin Motorsports" I believe you'll be "in the nines" with your Viper so it should be a good race, although if you do the math, I seem to be the underdog. (But I'm up to the challenge)
smile.gif

Ben's Viper
90's technology
State of the art fuel injection
488 cubic inches
more efficient centrif supercharger
intercooler
more boost (due to intercooler)
efficient 6 speed trans
13 inches of tire
high tech factory suspension

Greg's Nova
60's technology
2 old school Holley carbs
437 cubic inches of SBC
highly inefficient 8-71
no intercooler
less boost
automatic trans (HP parasite)
10.5 inches of tire
Stock suspension with only a bolt on traction device!

Again, Congrats on your win against the Supra, Good traction, excellent light and great driving can overcome HP! Now go get that Honda.
Caio

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; I seem to be the underdog. (But I'm up to the challenge)

Hah, ya sandbagger
smile.gif
You're on. I of course think you'll win on ET for obvious reasons, but if I can drive decently the MOV should be small and the MPH very close. Sure you're not up for a friendly autocross or roadrace?

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SilverSupra:
So I would say that anything, I am IMMENSELEY at a disadvantage on the 1/4
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That fact is now obvious to us all. BTW your disadvantage is in something called <FONT size="6">DISPLACEMENT!</FONT s>

Rich01RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quote:
ME------14
viper---1

Did I miss something? Were there 4 runs? wouldn't that make it 4 losses? wouldn't that make it

ME------14
Viper---4 ???

I hear a LOT of veiled excuses
embarass.gif

Glad you guys had fun...

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I never dynod my car but It was BPU++(Greddy 3 row and cam gears) before I went single.I see you have a front mount as well.Still,all in all,your run was great.You have a strong car,you just need tires.I was cutting 60 footers like you then I added Nitto 555r's and a 2 step to launch under boost.With that setup the car cut 1.7x 60 footers.Also,when I lowered the car with Eibachs,I also installed KYB adjustable struts.I set these on full stiff and they HELPED traction down low.

Joe

Heres my Viper Killer
biggrin.gif

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You Supra guys are funny! My GTS has exhaust and K&N's and it layed down 452rwhp and 512.8rwt. You guys tell me if there is Toyota with just exhaust and K&N's that puts that hp to the rear wheels. That is off the button! I would love to race you guys so you could see what the back of my GTS looks like!

Kenric
3000GT Twin Turbo
'02 Escalade
Durango
Viper GTS Supra Destroyer

Diablo Joe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenricGTS:
You Supra guys are funny! My GTS has exhaust and K&N's and it layed down 452rwhp and 512.8rwt. You guys tell me if there is Toyota with just exhaust and K&N's that puts that hp to the rear wheels. That is off the button! I would love to race you guys so you could see what the back of my GTS looks like!

Kenric
3000GT Twin Turbo
'02 Escalade
Durango
Viper GTS Supra Destroyer

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Im guessing that by exhaust,you mean headers,cat delete(or hi flow)and cat back and when you say K/N you meant to add smooth tubes.452hp is **** impressive but dont try and sugarcoat it.My Supra is a single turbo with a lot of work that will show its @ss to my GTS (which laid down 417 stock)by the tune of 8-10 cars in the quarter.I reread your post and noticed the only two Supra "guys" here are SilverSupra and myself.Im guessing you must have been talking to SilverSupra when you got that attitude.

Joe

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have not made ONE excuse. It was good racing and I lost.
next time I will make sure I run some slicks...

and no.....I was beat 4 times by the SAME car!!!

I have beat a TOTAL of 14 different vipers

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Cool!!! But now you've seen what it's like run into someone that knows how to drive a stock viper. Just imagine if it was modded..LOL

Gerald

Eddie N

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I should have done full stiff in the rear.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

i hear thats how you supra guys like it!!
laugh.gif

- eddie -

OP
OP
T

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
&gt; See what happens Treynor? Don't do this again, please......

I'll admit I'm irritated we can't have a <FONT size="4">SINGLE CIVILIZED RACING THREAD</FONT s> on this entire board. Next time maybe I'll post the results, Steve'll post his version, and we'll have the mods lock the thread before it degrades into a grade school-level ******* match. There's a whole "off topic" section for people who just want to rag on other marques -- use it, please, and leave the racing commentary to people who actually race.

Regarding suspension, it's my understanding that you want to maximize weight transfer. That would suggest soft rear springs (lets the rear sag), setting front rebound damping to full soft (to allow the front to rise), and setting rear compression damping to full soft and rebound to full stiff (to let the rear drop and stay down). I'm not sure what to do if you've only got one combined compression/rebound adjuster for each shock; perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

Steve -- with a 2-step and some ET streets, I'm certain you've got a mid-11s car. You'll probably need to upgrade that driveshaft to something stronger, however; that was the weak link on my APU car. In all seriousness, I'd spend money on traction & driveline before making another big investment in power. I've been down that route and it's not particularly rewarding, although third-gear rolling burnouts are kinda fun
smile.gif

Next racing: tomorrow evening (Wednesday 5/8) @ Sears Point! Hope to see a few of you there!

varanus

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just met a Supra owner tonight at the viper club meeting. He is selling his supra and getting a viper.

(putting on flame suit)

I for one like supras. His car was really nice and realtively quick at 11.8 . I wouldn't mind having one. Not at the expense of giving up my viper mind you. It's just a different type of car. I like all performance cars and do not hate any of them for not being a viper. I will admit it's some of the owners attitudes that I don't care for. That goes for all car makes.
Stock for stock, the supra is no match for the viper in any performance category. Once modifications start, it could be anybody's win depending on $$ spent and driving skill. Ultimately is seems like most arguments center on whose mods are more fair. It always starts out "for that much money I could make my car A go faster than your car B with modifications. Car B says well let me do the same type of mods and my car will go faster. Then back and forth it goes.

The bottom line is that a single purpose built car that is relatively low dollar to start can be made faster then the hi dollar car if an equal money is spent on mods versus purchase price of more expensive car. If you want to go fast, get mustang LX and drop in a turbo motor that is built up. it will be quicker than almost any viper down the 1/4 mile. It was built for a single purpose. Put it on the road course and it's a different story.

It's what you like and what you're happy with. In the end it's not what you plan to do when you get this and that put on, it's what you run with in real life and not on the dyno in a controled situation. Ben and silversupra did it right. On a track with a timer. No excuses. On the street it's never really accurate because of outside influences such as who jumped on the throttle early, who almost hit another car, etc.

To surmise-all performance cars are great and it's only the owner's happiness with it that matters. When it comes to who's faster, it's still "run what ya brung" If you lose, just spend more $$

Anyway, that's my 2 cents and I have my marshmellows on the stick waiting . . . . . .
tongue.gif

Greg D

Enthusiast
Reaction score
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Err, Greg, did you forget about the bottle in your trunk?! ;o)
It will be a great race if your bottle is off, otherwise no contest.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ahhhh man, Shey old buddy old pal, Your supposed to have my back.
smile.gif

Actually, if MPH is close (off the bottle) as predicted by Ben, he'll still need to best a 1.39 short time, and I am guessing that's going to be pretty hard to do. (and I don't cut sleepy .55x lights)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>
Regarding suspension, it's my understanding that you want to maximize weight transfer. That would suggest soft rear springs (lets the rear sag), setting front rebound damping to full soft (to allow the front to rise), and setting rear compression damping to full soft and rebound to full stiff (to let the rear drop and stay down). I'm not sure what to do if you've only got one combined compression/rebound adjuster for each shock; perhaps someone with more experience will chime in.

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ben, Actually you want just enough "load" transfer (the weight doesn't move around, but the loading of that weight does) to get the car to hook. Any more load transfer than is needed will waste precious time and HP moving the front end of the car upward (as in wheelstand) rather than forward towards the finish line. (Some wheelstand may be necessary to provide optimum traction depending on the suspension in use, but those bumper dragging crowd pleasing wheelstands are counter productive)

As for "letting the rear drop" I have found that using anti-squat to get body rise and subsequently separate from the suspension helps plant the rear tires on my Nova. (Getting enough anti-squat on an IRS car may difficult)

Here is a pretty simple but relevant illustration.
Stand on a bathroom scale at a half squat position. Have someone toss you a 20-pound bag of dog food (or caviar, which ever is the handiest). When you catch it, simultaneously bend your knees to soften the impact. (Just like your rear suspension would do when load transfer takes place) Read the weight of the scale while you are catching the weight. It will read lower than your static weight. Now have someone throw that same 20-pound weight to you and this time when you catch it, simultaneously straighten your knees. (To simulate anti-squat in a rear suspension) The scale will now read higher than your static weight and the 20-pound weight combined.
This is what "plants" the tire giving better traction.
Just my 2 cents and each and every car/suspension type can require a different approach to obtaining the ultimate hook.
Greg D

You must be registered for see images attach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2004Fangs