Paxton SC Installed, I Wish Third Try! Everything Keeps Breaking!

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put in a Paxton last week and so far 3 (THREE) things have broke, Leaked or just didn't work from the unit! West Coast Viper has been trying to work with me on installation problems because Paxton does not warrant any labor EVEN when it is their faulty crap! So the install is costing me Double. Here is my last email to Jason at West Coast:
Is this normal for Paxton products to break twice in one week, I have to wonder what will be next? I talked to Paxton and they will not work with me & why they are making me wait for their broken parts to be sent back to them Before they send the new part is beyond me. It is getting a little frustrating for my car to be sitting there, I know it's not your fault. I'm sorry if I'm coming across pissed. Actually I'm just venting. I was looking forward to having my SC now the wind is kinda out of the sails.

C Ya next Week Sometime,
JC

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So what broke? I would love to know since I have a paxton car as well.

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far when I got home I found a big puddle of coolant under the car from the resivor being cracked, next the Feul pump,then fixed. Then the FCU again. The car clunks when I give it gas? When I floor it everything shuts down. What's next?????????????????

IEATVETS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You were warned...
Sorry about all of the troubles you are having but a lot of people were saying how crappy the service is with a paxton s/c. Sean Roe WILL stand behind his products. I cannot believe paxton is putting you through this what a terrible way to do business. I would be "venting" also. Good luck.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So far when I got home I found a big puddle of coolant under the car from the resivor being cracked, next the Feul pump,then fixed. Then the FCU again. The car clunks when I give it gas? When I floor it everything shuts down. What's next?????????????????

Better stop driving it before you do some serious damage if it's clunking and shutting down on you!

Oh, btw, that's one reason why we all don't have superchargers..

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hmm...I will keep my mouth shut.

You may want to check to see if the connections were soldered. If they were not, then the split second box that manipulates the map and timing could be causing your car to shut down.

Sounds like the resvior box cracked maybe due to over tightening the bolts?

Pumps not kicking on maybe due to the settings in the split sec box? You have two 12 volt leads. 1 12 volt lead kicks on at a certain pressure. This lead is typically for the 2nd pump.

Make sure you have plenty of fuel because the fuel system in that kit is maxing out the stock injectors where they could go static on ya...good luck!

Reaction score
ab -
How about a job at DLM? You can be our diagnostition :2tu: :D

JC -

As a Paxton dealer myself it does concern me if you are encountering any abnormal problems with your supercharger system or even a Paxton representative. I don't know of the particulars surrounding your case, however I did contact a Paxton supervisor this evening to convey your message. He was very concerned and wanted to know whom you have dealt with at Paxton and what type of problems you have had? He asked if you can be patient till Monday so he can personally look into this matter and see if he can resolve this with a positive ending?

I know if your dealing with Jason at WCV your in good hands ... but I figured two heads are better than one :)

Please PM me with a daytime contact number so I can pass it on to Paxton management before Monday morning.

Regards,
Doug Levin

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, This has to be the FIRST bad post I have seen yet, about the quality of the product and the level of service paxton provides.

I am glad this is the first, as it would probably indicate a poor product and an even worse company otherwise...

PAXTON *****, AND BLOWS IN A BAD WAY !!

Fishtail

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car has a custom DLM Paxton supercharger. Listen to Doug Levin he has always been there for me every step of the way. He's provided me with the BEST service & support since owning my Viper! If he can help you let him :2tu: :usa:
-Lou

OP
OP
H

HARDVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Better stop driving it before you do some serious damage if it's clunking and shutting down on you!

Oh, btw, that's one reason why we all don't have superchargers..

Got Me BIG Time On That One!! :rolleyes:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Hmmmmm, me thinks maybe to go with the Roe.....

Thanks for the feedback on the Paxton

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're talking DIY, Roe is the only way to go. There are a number of tuners who can install custom Paxton setups that will work great and make big numbers. Any worth having are going to run at least $15K. A Roe unit installed by a tuner would only run $7.5 to $8K. I would not be afraid of a blower on a Viper if installed and tuned by any of the experienced tuners that are available. :usa:

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you're talking DIY, Roe is the only way to go. There are a number of tuners who can install custom Paxton setups that will work great and make big numbers. Any worth having are going to run at least $15K. A Roe unit installed by a tuner would only run $7.5 to $8K. I would not be afraid of a blower on a Viper if installed and tuned by any of the experienced tuners that are available. :usa:

I think he did have someone do it for him....

2002_Viper_GTS_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, keep in mind that paxton parts are POS, and you can see even a tuner cant fix that problem instantly, unless he keeps spares around.

Oh well, hope eveyone who gets Paxton kits has a FAR better out come then I.

Jon

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really don't mean to sound rude but everything listed sounds like installation issues.

If someone installed it for you and returned it with coolant tank leaking ? The fuel pumps are walboro and metal ? Cutting out a 4000 sounds like they wires where not connected correctly to computer and are losing connections.

WESTCOAST JASON

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is indeed a nightmare for all involved. The first FMU that came in the kit (customer supplied kit) was defective and could not muster the 100psi suggested by the install manual. In an effort to not hold up the customer we went ahead and opened a new kit, and put a FMU from that kit in JC's car. That second FMU ripped a tiny hole in the diaphram after only a few miles apparently. When the car was dyno'ed with the 2nd FMU everything was fine. Just an unfortunate issue, but Paxton is of course replacing the parts. They do not pay for labor though. (in all fairness, not many manufacturers do - same goes for clutch companies and more.....)

The coolant bottle for the paxton has more holes tapped then get used during the Viper install. The extra tapped hole (they use the same coolant bottle on many kits) was just tapped at the factory a little off center and leaked. A plug with teflon was installed to stop it, but didn't work. Paxton is replacing that bottle also.

In the dozen kits we have installed, these problems are unique. We have had to replace one split sec box once, but other than that, this is the only time we have had such a problem. We are doing everything in our power to keep the customer happy and on the road. Paxton is standing behind their product and replacing the parts also.

Having been on the other side of the 'counter' for so many years before starting work here, I completley understand the frustration. Thats for sure.

Mike Adams

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to here both sides.

That really changes things. I will try to say this the best I can. It is not intended to offend you or anyone including you JC!!

We as repair shops every day have to make choices on what parts to put in a customers car. In doing so we are taking the responsibility it will work for the customer. For example in my shop we will only use AC Delco or factory alternators, if one comes in and is no good we have to replace it. We are not credited for out labor and the parts store does not give us a credit till the part is returned. Some times no credit is issued until the part is check. This is a responsibility we have to shoulder because we supplied the part. Where as if a customer brings in an alternator in and it doesn't work the customer is responsible for all incurred costs.

As a consumer by buying the part and having someone else put it in, you have chosen to bear the cost of any problems that may occur with said parts. Allot of place will not even install customer supplied parts unless it is slow as it actually costs them money. As consumer you need to decide if supplying the part is necessarily the best route. Luckily WC vipers gave you a heck of deal on the install anyway.

That being said the problems you are experiencing are unusual. You couldn't have picked a better place to take it. Be patient the result will speak for themselves !!

BLOWNGTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Send the car to Uderground Racing in NC. Kevin will fix the car and it will be dependable. Like my 925 RWHP Ohio Viper National 1st place '96 GTS. Matt

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Send the car to Uderground Racing in NC. Kevin will fix the car and it will be dependable. Like my 925 RWHP Ohio Viper National 1st place '96 GTS. Matt

Bragger!!!! :D :D :D :headbang: :2tu:

na that car is slooowwww!j/k :D

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960