People flashing brights

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else consistantly has other drivers flash their brights at them while driving in the dark. Twice now in the last two days I've had drivers coming head on flash their brights at me, thinking I have mine on, when I definitely don't.

A. Does anyone else have this problem?

B. Should I do anything about it?

C. If yes, what should I do?

Thanks in advance guys, this is a pet peeve of mine.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do you have stock bulbs in your car? Have you lowered your car or had the front end apart for any reason? If yes to any of these, you may need to re-aim your headlamps. It's not terribly difficult - all you need is a 5mm hex socket.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had a few people do it to me (stock bulbs, stock height), so I just flash 'em back ;)

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably not a "HIGH" five seeing that it was pitch black outside and I have a black car. I'm sure they were giving me a "HIGH" one though after they saw my car. :ooo:

OP
OP
B

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think people see the foglights and then see the regular lights and subconsciously think that the regular lights are brights. *shrug*

Qualitywires.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I get flashed in other ways. Just different type of headlights. Some on high beam and some on National Geographic beams..yikes!!

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious if anyone else consistantly has other drivers flash their brights at them while driving in the dark. Twice now in the last two days I've had drivers coming head on flash their brights at me, thinking I have mine on, when I definitely don't.

A. Does anyone else have this problem?

B. Should I do anything about it?

C. If yes, what should I do?

Thanks in advance guys, this is a pet peeve of mine.

Answers:
A. Yes
B. Yes
B. Yes, do a quick 180 and kill them before they get you. It is part of a gang initiation on their part. I have mowed down several of these basturds with my trusty sidearm after they flashed me with their high beams.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah I get the same thing. I think that it is because people like the car and sometimes it means that there is a cop up ahead but I usually know before they flash me because of the in dash radar.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Ssooooo....You're IN right? Are your "colors" Blue/White???

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. Actually I am part of a gang of some 1,800-2,000 worldwide. The blue/white stripe Viper GTS gang.

Too bad you're all pansies compared to the "Silver" gang ;) I hear one of your local guys even keeps his car in a bubble! :laugh:

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
My fog lights aimed up in the trees, when I first got my car new. There is a rubber plug inside the wheel well, just behind the fog lights. The adjustment screw is in there.

Motor City Mad Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Haaaaaaaaaaaa. Actually I am part of a gang of some 1,800-2,000 worldwide. The blue/white stripe Viper GTS gang.

Too bad you're all pansies compared to the "Silver" gang ;) I hear one of your local guys even keeps his car in a bubble! :laugh:

Dangit, did Ryan rat me out on my "Bubble Boy" status?

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Dangit, did Ryan rat me out on my "Bubble Boy" status?

Ah hahahahaha!!!! NOPE, YOU JUST RATTED YOURSELF OUT! He had only ratted out himself! Buncha d@mned blue/white bubble boys, yeah, you're real "bad asp" LOL!

TZL

Enthusiast
Reaction score
some people are just stupid

b/c of the projector beam design of the viper headlight, at some angles, stray colored beams are given off, you will notice this effect on Gen 2 Miatas and Jag XK8's without HIDS alot

this sometimes annoys people as they think they are bright and have the highs on......just wait until you install some HIDS......

also make sure you headlights are aligned.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang