Pics of '02 "********" ACR

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've just learned how to post photos so putting up a few.

Viper_ACR.jpg

PICT00073.JPG

PICT00091.JPG

FastMatt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thats a realy nice car, as your saying it's a "********" you mean it's a No radio/AC car?

Why in the Top pic does the car have Fog lights? did you add them?

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yes. It was 1 of the 8 '02 ACRs that did not recieve AC and radio. I added the fog lights before I took the car off the lot. I bought it new.

Burt G

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Word on the street for that version of ACR is very poor resale & declining values...I would hate to see you loose any more value on it so feel free to contact me if your ready to sell !!!!

JK....Awesome ACR your very fortunate, love the color combo too!:headbang:

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could be way off base, but that car may have met it's maker at VOI 9. My appologies if I am mistaken.

Last edited:

aloushi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
OMG, THAT IS TERRIBLE, Hoper you're ok "that's all that matters" but poor car, well it looks like the other ******** edditions prices just went up...

BTW is that your wife in the back ground??? If it is she looks pissed....:evilmad::evilmad::evilmad:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
******** was a name conjured up for the 08 Vipers and beyond and did not exist as a designation for the previous Vipers. The 99-2002 vehicles were a delete option and have the distinction of having the ability to have the a/c uninstalled. All of the Gen IVs have a/c as this was not part of the package.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Bill, not to pick-nits, but I am pretty sure that the STANDARD 99-02 ACR was without the "Comfort Group". The Gen 2 ACRs were "down and dirty." If you wanted AC and Radio, the dealer had to ADD that option. More than a few unskilled dealers FORGOT to order the "ACR Comfort Group" and angry buyers ASSumed it would have AC and radio. Severl of those cars were a "NoSale" when the would-be buyers refused to take delivery of the "Ordering Mistake" ACRs.And quote a few RETRO-FIT the option to the ordering mistakes.Becaue of the G2 common mistakes, the Gen 4 ACR INCLUDED the comfort features standard, and the "*********" had to be ordered to delete them.JonB erzats hissstorian

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The $10,000 ACR option deleted the air and radio. Dodge then added them as a $3,000 comfort option for all other '02 ACRs. I put quotes around "********" because although not part of the nomenclature of the '02s (used by Dodge beginning in '08) it was often called that back then by folks as a shorthand description of the noncomfort cars. Not that I would correct you Bill. :) You've sold many ACRs. My memory was a bit rattled in the accident. This car languished at the dealer until I purchased it in January of '04 because no one wanted a Viper without air or radio.

Jeebs

Viper Owner
Reaction score
:omg: not what i thought i was gonna see in this post. But im glad your ok. How long ago did this killing of another viper happen? That WAS a nice combo. Well it at least looks like you were having fun before it happened (racing).
Another one off the market, and the prices go up.:)

7TH_SIGN

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn bro. I saw this pics at the top and scrolled down to comment on how beautiful that color is only to see it wrecked. Glad your okay. How'd it get away from you?

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Pics of your car on someone else's cell phone were lodged in my head the next day. I was in the B-Group and all I could think of while I was running the roval was how horrible it must have been for you. That's the truth.

Lawrenzo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
******** was a name conjured up for the 08 Vipers and beyond and did not exist as a designation for the previous Vipers. The 99-2002 vehicles were a delete option and have the distinction of having the ability to have the a/c uninstalled. All of the Gen IVs have a/c as this was not part of the package.

How much of a hassle and what would it cost to add the A/C back to a non-comfort group car?

46hemi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The original ********! That was a nice car!

I am always so surprised how few were made this way. So many of these cars are garage queens. When you are driving a car 300 miles a year who cares about a/c or a radio. It just makes it more badass.

v10enomous

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's a real Heart Breaker... In 02 there were also the Red White FE ACR's which are among the most desirable Gen2's but this car may top that... :dunno:

RevHeat

Viper Owner
Reaction score
happend at VOI in Vegas on the Las Vegas track... It was a big mess with lawyers and etc.. I will let Cobraken fill in the blanks if he wants.

OP
OP
C

Cobraken

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had actually purchased an air conditioning unit that was a takeoff from a track car for $750. It never made it into the car.

I lost the car coming off the straight on a hard left off the banking into the infield. The "instructor" with me had complained on the previous 3 laps that all the cars, including me, were braking too early. He told me that he would tell me when to brake on the wreck lap. He didn't and I realized too late I was in too deep and couldn't make the turn. The instructor deposed that he had never driven a Viper, had received no instructions or training from the instruction school, had just received a call from the instruction school asking if he wanted a free vacation to Las Vegas and do some ride alongs, and didn't think he was supposed to be instructing. I didn't like him. He never asked what my experience was, was very aggressive on the track in his instructions exhorting me to drive aggressively, yelled at me when he thought I was taking to long to get the car on the track (putting on my helmet too slow and fastening my harness) and deposed that he thought I had more experience because my car had harnesses.

After 4 yrs of litigation the attorneys finally filed for summary judgement which the judge granted on the first go without hearing dismissing the actions.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang